HMS123311 BLAST

Status
Not open for further replies.
luis90 said:
Have you read the topic?

On edge said:
Some anomynous mod switched it to a rickroll wad. Cough cough.

are you sure because no one does for a rickroll wad some title in greenflower hill zone called "hms1122331 blast zone 1".so if you think because of this rick wad to prove that he is still not better if he changed it was a notice to you that lots of people are talking about the discovery of 9 levels completey stolen into the mod (if the levels are in or not) and those 9 levels are known to be the 9 levels you encounter in srb2 the original version.if its not the one then whatever 9 levels it is this mod should not get a good mark and 2 a recolor wont help the mod or do anything to the mod and will give bad sounds like "kerpling" and i don't hear a ring sound.all i hear is a guy saying that.after you use hms1122331 then the bad sounds will effect to all of the characters which means its a boring mod and if it appeared on paper its fun and easy to tear into pieces.

no offence again

Sooo...

You're saying that the mod was good when it had 9 ripped off levels, but these levels were actually the main SRB2 levels renamed to HMS*blah* Blast and so therefore it was never good to begin with because it just adds a new character which messes up the sounds of the other characters?

I'm inclined to think that whatever happened with its release, its current form is a prank. I wouldn't be surprised if the initial form was a prank and the posters were all just saying it was so great to fool more people into downloading it. As for stolen levels, I'm guessing they weren't too good just to enhance the idea of a bad recolor.

*sigh* I don't believe I have to actually spell this out for you.

The WAD was a prank from the start. There's no real mod here. Just some funny new names for the existing levels and Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up", effectively making the whole shebang a giant Rickroll. Which, therefore, is awesome.

Don't know what that is? Too bad. Maybe this footage of a newer, more-complete version of this WAD will let you forget this shortcoming. Enjoy!

I'm suprised that hms123311 got his own mod. I wouldn't bother playing srb2jte with it because it would be too easy. There must not be a single srb2 forum member who doesn't know about Hms123311. (Btw: where did the 123311 come from?)

if it was a prank it should not be in here because its a mod forum not a prank forum.he should change the levels of the game and create his own (like prank levels) to make the mod look like a mod and not a prank

All this "mod" is, is just a couple replaced graphics and a music pack.

...aren't music packs typically banned here?

spader555 said:
if it was a prank it should not be in here because its a mod forum not a prank forum.he should change the levels of the game and create his own (like prank levels) to make the mod look like a mod and not a prank
Your argument has to be the weakest one I've seen in ages. ANYTHING that modifies the game is a "mod". Now, usually this forum is for larger scale modifications such as level packs, but honestly, that's not the SOLE purpose of the forum; its purpose is to house all the mods that don't fall cleanly into the "level", "character" or "SOC" categories. The forum description itself justifies this:

"This forum is for releasing mods and level packs."

Note that: mods, like this one, which is clearly distinct from "level packs". You seem to have the two confused.

It's a prank mod, yes, but its being a prank does not mean it is not a mod. You lose. Good day sir.

metalsonicmk72 said:
Well yeah he was a joke character but the 123311 part of his name is questionable.
It's a direct play on the naming convention you all seem to love so much. Look, prior to me posting, this page of posts was filled with nothing but posters with random, arbitrary numbers tacked on to the end of their names. You don't see me asking you why you have "mk72" at the end of YOUR name or me calling it questionable, now do you?

Well, he still has the right to wonder if there is any reason at all. I was curious about that too, but then I just didn't really care.

Penopat said:
Chaos said:
More HMS? You sir, fail.

This post has successfully determined the IQ of the average SRB2MB user. This is, quite easily, an illustrious sign of the total and utter deterioration of the once amazing SRB2MB, which is now consisting of people who obviously cannot fathom what is concurrently correct and people who are inheritly unable to realize how much they are unable to understand the common sensical laws of what is happening right beneath their username. This people shall not be welcomed into the main driving source of this community, which is the honest communical center of what is right on the SRB2MB...

Anyways... what's wrong with HMS? You're quite mean, you know that? HMS is the bestest character wad ever!~

Also, it's kind of funny how the levels were actually stolen. The levels kinda fit the hms123311 theme awfully well, considering you just pulled the levelpack out of some random guy's folders or something.

I agree. But am still scarred for life.

i agree about the mod situation but who will be so stupid enough to post a mod like this ? its a 9 level title remake,logo remake,character added,prank sounds and rick astley's "never gonna give you up" music for all levels.it does not match a level pack but only a weak mod.making a recolor does not mean its the best character ever.he should think of a mod to match it not claim a mod with levels stolen to give credit to him.srb2 should get full credit for the levels he snatched from.well enough argument for the topic.it should just give pranks in the level and recolor the levels then i would say its the best mod for a recolor.i hope he can try that.lets say for a prank that there is a goomba guarding a token (not my good prank) or there is a bowser that pops out instead of enemies and shoot fireballs (try to bring n00bhogs into it too to make it funnier).so as you said it was a mod but would people accept it as a mod ? case closed for a level pack but the mod situation is not.have a good day adminstrator

1) The reason that the music is there is because it's what is commonly called a "rickroll". The music by Rick Astley is commonly used when trying to get someone to click on what they believe to be a legitimate link, only to hear that song.

2) It's not a "weak mod". It's a prank mod. Pranks are obviously not going to have much attributed to them. To measure how good a prank is, one must evaluate the execution and actual contents, not the amount of content in the mod.

3) The recolored character is called "The best character ever" as part of a recurring joke based on how people really do make recolors, and consider it the best character ever.

4) Full permission from the designer of the levels went into this mod. I don't know what you're going on about here.

In conclusion, it is you who is painfully wrong. ShadowHog knew exactly what he was talking about there. This is a perfectly legitimate mod for this forum.

Re: Help

Hyper Shadonic thing said:
So,how exacly do you activate HMS123311?

Beacause when I start HMS123311blast,(and pick HMS123311,) it starts me out as Sonic.

You have to have a HMS123311 WAD. Load it in, and there will be two. Pick the second one. Problem solved.

SonicPlush said:

Beacause when I start HMS123311blast,(and pick HMS123311,) it starts me out as Sonic.

You have to have a HMS123311 WAD. Load it in, and there will be two. Pick the second one. Problem solved.
For a aukword way I have the same problum.

Torgo said:
Your favorite recolor HMS123311 is back and now has his own mod! In HMS123311 blast there is a bunch of cool new stuff, like the title screen shown below.

hmsblastdm1.png

I will only show one screen to not ruin your fun. Enjoy!

EDIT: I have no idea what happened, you have to go to sendspace for this sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT2: Decided to take smodelux's levels out it has the 9 levels that was used originally.

MAIN SERVER
Mirror

oh, so i love the rick rolls. its awsome dude, i love it, *downloads*

SonicPlush said:

Where's the link of HMS123311.WAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back