[Open Assets] SRB2Cineblast

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinefast

32 kilowords of core!
SRB2CINEBLAST IS OFFICIALLY DISCONTINUED. SEE KALARON'S SRB2CB INSTEAD. BELOW IS AN ARCHIVE:

SRB2Cineblast is my source-code mod. It's main feature is bots, using code based on the old JTEBots from SRB2JTE. There are also miscellaneous other features. Please note that this release is a beta.

CURRENT RELEASE:
v1.0, codebase SRB2 2.0.6

Get Cineblast: HERE. Alternatively, via the attachment.

Version History:
0.2.3 - New versioning, bots work.
0.22 - Stable bots
0.21 - First release, with unstable bots

TEAM MEMBERS:
Cinefast - Primary Programmer
SpiritCrusher - Beta Tester, Bugfixer

Source code is available at the SRB2MODS public SVN. Feel free to reuse the code - but I'd appreciate a mention of Cineblast and myself in your product.

If SRB2Cineblast runs in windowed mode, type fullscreen on in the console and press enter.

Screenshot featuring bots:
4rdamw.png

Attachments

• Release.zip
    1 MB · Views: 9,738
Last edited by a moderator:
With bots being able to play in Coop and Match, it kinda makes the future SRB2JTE a bit pointless. Other than that, it's nice to see bots ported to 2.0.

Slightly ported, that is. There's still a few missing stuff in this exe. Bots don't have infinite lives, so they can die unless you turn on setlives. They're also not compatible with 2.0's gimmics, like upside-down gravity. Mainly, they don't jump when you're jumping upside down. They also spam the zombie bug console message.

I also have no idea if this is an srb2cineblast bug, or a 2.0 bug. But while hosting with a bot on, after I died a few times in ERZ2's fans section, I respawned with sliding turned on.
srb20003j.png

Ugh. Bots that aren't from SRB2CB. :<
Kalaron had made some pretty decent bots just before he disabled them in the latest version of SRB2CB. I had the latest version, but I don't have the source code I believe. It might be somewhere on trac.srb2.org or something. But I dunno. if you want some better bots to go off, you might find them there.

To be honest multiplayer games online are not my kind of thing so if this MOD gets fixed then I will be able to have proper matches and get some fun out of srb2 :)
(2 player matches are pretty lame to play too :/ )

Can we remember to follow our own policies please judges? The mod is linked not attached and is of a perfectly legit size to be attached, so please insist on an attachment.

You're going to need to stop the bots from being auto-kicked upon changing or reloading a level if you're ever going to get "Sonic & Tails" to work in single player mode. Also, they're missing their character image, but I'm sure that's been pointed out already.

Yay for unintentional leaks.

If you don't know what the blue spheres are for by now, do yourself and everyone else a favor and don't ask about it. :)

A bit of story will not hurt...

In fact, these [S3&K] blue spheres are in SRB2 since first 2.0 release and made an "accidental" appearance in a server in which RINGSLIGER was on and a player shot another player, ummm... accidentally. Here the short story ends. =P

(Neo, this isn't the first, say, "leak" of blue spheres on MB, obviously I won't give more clues because people would figure it out)

Now, speaking of bots, I LOLd when I realized the bots can get "Game Over" like human players. It would be funnier if the bots start to whine at me for lives like the noobs...

<SONICBOT> Lives plz D:

I don't think the blue spheres thing is unintentional. It's just that Cinefast hasn't made any documentation, so people don't know about blue spheres or "botcontrol".

What, nobody's told you guys?

Blue spheres were originally going to be in 2.0. They were hastily removed not too long before release because they lagged so damn much when you collected a cluster of them.

Huzzah, Garee's Constructive Criticism time. (Just so you know what's wrong.)
NOTE: May point out the obvious

1. Stop the bots from being kicked on mapchange. Usually, I turn time/point limit off when I play with bots due to this.
2. Using bots with multiple people in the server tends to cause a *LOT* of consistency failures.
3. Let the bots use and collect Weapon Rings.
4. Adding Bot Difficulty would be nice. Ranking from "n00b" to "Pro". Of course, if a n00b type bot runs out of lives in coop, they SHOULD spam for lives. Just to be funny. XD
5. Prevent bots from hitting teammates. I was playing Team Match earlier, 5 SonicBots VS me. Every SonicBot I faced WOULD NOT SHOOT ME, and when I shot them, they dropped 3 rings. As you probably know, bots will only shoot people at 4 rings or more. (Although at 2 rings or more in JTE) - The bots were infact shooting their teammates. Also, bots could work in TAG/HnS aswell if they didn't shoot ITs.
6. Try and make the bots a bit smarter for the new maps. I believe JTE made them look for exits for the old maps if they were trapped in water. I'm somewhat fed up of reading "sonicBot drowned." all the time.
7-1. Add a "max bots per player" or something, as in, the maximum bots each player can add. (Mostly used for Coop, but meh.)
7-2. Also, let people kick their own bots. When people kick their own bots on my servers, they get CFail'd out of the server due to illegal command. (Although the bot DOES get kicked...)

Bots? AWESOME.
Pros:Bots. Chaos mode.
Cons:The glitches with the bots.
SCORE TIME!
Bots 75%
Chaos mode:20%
Glitches: -20%
Total: 75%
Suggestions:
-Fix glitches
-Add basic message programing(ie a bot going W00T!!! when it scores/compleats a level.)
-Make some levels for chaos mode.

Last edited:
1. Stop the bots from being kicked on mapchange. Usually, I turn time/point limit off when I play with bots due to this.
Doing exactly this has lead to c-failing in netgames. There's an issue with memory handling that's not properly sorted out yet, so it was reverted back to kick on map change.

7-2. Also, let people kick their own bots. When people kick their own bots on my servers, they get CFail'd out of the server due to illegal command. (Although the bot DOES get kicked...)
Kicking bots has a lot of issues, hence the "partially bugfixed".

How about another command for kicking bots then, instead of 'kick'? One that everyone can do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back