Suggestions

This isn't exactly a suggestion, but is there any chance that SRB2 could be ported to a different engine in a distant future?

No, there is no urgent need to. It would mean a lot of work completely remaking the game, as well as all of its documentation etc.

Personally, I also don't really want to suddenly have to learn how a new engine works when I've spent years trying to understand how SRB2's works. x_x

If it was worth it, it would have been done already -- god knows we've modified ZDoom beyond recognition at this point.

I'm just curious, since the soundtrack is getting reworked, what will be affected? Will everything get changed or only the level themes? I was also wondering if at some point, an original credits theme akin to the classic medleys in Sonic 1 - 3 & Knuckles would be made.

On a completely separate note, would there be any changes to custom character creation options, such as adding an option to specify a unique Super Name or perhaps new preset abilities?

Combative / Fight mode (plus a few others)

So, you know how you have Match, which lets you kill players with Rings? Well, my idea is a bit similar to that. But instead of using Rings as ammo, you hurl yourself towards your opponents to kill each other, similar to the Boss Battles, where you'd have to hurl yourself into whatever evil machine Eggman has cooked up. Also for this, maybe add the option for up to 7 CPUs to fight against, along with some for Ringslinger modes. This could get interesting, to be honest (heck, I have already remade Final Destination as a stage in Zone Builder.) Also, more characters, please!

Could you maybe make a function to keybind both movement and camera keys like the older versions, or have I installed the game incorrectly?

Maybe add a Race mode where you could go very F A S T but With Nerfed Sonic, and buffed Tails and Knuckles in that mode, so it would be fair.

I mean... Race Circuit mode with a lot of thing that will make you fast...

Last edited:
The possibility of multiple different offsets for when more than one overlay is using MT_OVERLAY as their object would be nice. For example, blendcolor and hats.

Considering that version 2.1.23 is confirmed, is there any hope for GitHub pull request #385 / GitLab merge request #397 (MD2/MD3 model optimizations/support) to be implemented by then? I won't be sad if not, but if it's there and probably works... (I'm not 100% sure whether or not it actually works in its current state, but I assume that it does.)

Edit: Apologies if this doesn't fit in the "Suggestions" thread... but, it is a request for something, so it is kind of a suggestion, I hope?

Last edited:
Would it be at all possible to have a "toggle Centre View" button, because a feature like that would be very handy for Match and very vertical platforming sections.

It's actually already possible to do this with the console. Type in the following into the console:

bind key "toggle alwaysmlook"

Replace "key" with whatever key you want to use to do this. To set this permanently, put it into your autoexec.cfg. You can find out more about setting up console scripts to do stuff like this on the wiki here: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Console_script

It would be nice if we could unlock secrets by playing through the Campaign in 2P Mode aswell (of course without cheats and without addons loaded). more fun than having to go through the game alone. Basically allowing players to get non-Record attack emblems in Splitscreen.

For version 2.2, are all music tracks from the "campaign" being redone? (An alternative would be only some of the music tracks rather than all of them.) If yes, I'd like to suggest separate versions of the general boss music for separate zones. Not wildly different melodies or such, just a few zone-y instrument tweaks.

For example, Greenflower's boss music could be a bit calmer(?) than the rest, Techno Hill's boss music could be a bit more... "tech-y", Deep Sea's boss music could be a bit more piano-y and "deep", Arid Canyon's could be a bit more acoustic(?), et cetera.

Last edited:
For version 2.2, are all music tracks from the "campaign" being redone? (An alternative would be only some of the music tracks rather than all of them.) If yes, I'd like to suggest separate versions of the general boss music for separate zones. Not wildly different melodies or such, just a few zone-y instrument tweaks.

For example, Greenflower's boss music could be a bit calmer(?) than the rest, Techno Hill's boss music could be a bit more... "tech-y", Deep Sea's boss music could be a bit more piano-y and "deep", Arid Canyon's could be a bit more acoustic(?), et cetera.
I'd actually be down for that!
It's a small thing, sure, but it's the small things in a game that really shows the love from the developers

A method of toggling 2D mode while debugging levels. It would be most practical to DISABLE 2D mode if you're currently within it, but if enabled, simply use the character's angle as the 2D angle.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back