SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 08-09-2011   #641
Shiron

Yes, the demo sadly expired about 2 months ago.
Shiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #642
Cory the Hedgehog
...Kip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG THE CAT View Post
However, many people like myself have actually had some influence in getting Sega's ass back on track to make games like Sonic Colours and Generations, so we must be doing SOMETHING right.
What exactly have you done that has influenced SEGA?
Old 08-09-2011   #643
Simsmagic
i 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory the Hedgehog View Post
What exactly have you done that has influenced SEGA?
Oh you know, telling SEGA to do shit his way and get pissy when they finally do it. Fairly typical stuff.

Going back on topic, I'm really enjoying what I see so far. Chemical Plant looks really good (both versions) and City Escape continues to shape up nicely except for the fairly dull Modern music. Can't wait to see more.
Simsmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #644
Yoshi
Randomly found avatar

Only thing that can piss me off about this game is if it wonīt be on PC. ( Iīm not looking forward to all īSonic fansī bitching how they wanted something else)
I wonder why is it that no Mario fan says how they miss old games when īSonic fansī are damned immature. Those games arenīt that different.

Last edited by Yoshi; 08-09-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #645
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
I wonder why is it that no Mario fan says how they miss old games when īSonic fansī are damned immature. Those games arenīt that different.
Because Mario games are actually solid, well made titles.
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #646
Metal-Rawr
Friendly lurker, I promise.

Quote:
Like Master D00D said. Did you try playing New Super Mario Bros.? Its just like playing the old Mario games but with cool additions.
Metal-Rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #647
Yoshi
Randomly found avatar

Of course Mario games are almost always superior to Sonic games, but Sonic 4 was also great game (only slightly worse then Sonic 3). But Sonic fans must immaturaly bitch about physics. Why the hell? Itīs not like bad physics make game bad (most people wonīt even notice somethingīs wrong with physics). In Modern era of Sonic fans ALWAYS find something bad about the game. Mario fans can find one glitch and bitch about it too (Mario 64īs glitches allowed you to skip half of the game) but they don īt do it and thatīs why I donīt understand this. And DOOD64 do you think Sonic games arenīt solid well-made titles?

Last edited by Yoshi; 08-11-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #648
Kyasarin

Quote:
Itīs not like bad physics make game bad
Kyasarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #649
Ultimate
a scar in time...

Quote:
Of course Mario games are almost always superior to Sonic games, but Sonic 4 was also great game (only slightly worse then Sonic 3). But Sonic fans must immaturaly bitch about physics. Why the hell? Itīs not like bad physics make game bad (most people wonīt even notice somethingīs wrong with physics). In Modern era of Sonic fans ALWAYS find something bad about the game. Mario fans can find one glitch and bitch about it too (Mario 64īs glitches allowed you to skip half of the game) but they don īt do it and thatīs why I donīt understand this. And DOOD64 do you think Sonic games arenīt solid well-made titles?
For a little kid, they might not necessarily understand that "the physics are off". But, for example, I remember playing Sonic Adventure when I was fairly young and remember thinking "I hate it how it slows me down whenever I jump. Why can't I just keep going at the speed I was running at?" Bad physics can even make kids annoyed :P

Of course, if you've never played the classics, you wouldn't really have much to compare the new games to, so it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Last edited by Ultimate; 08-11-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #650
Yoshi
Randomly found avatar

OF COURSE I played classics. But the fact that classic Sonics were better doesnīt mean modern ones suck.
Old 08-11-2011   #651
MascaraSnake
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnarkku View Post
Quick-reaction pathways with multiple button pressing and overall speed.
I don't see how running fast makes a game interesting on its own. There must be something to do while you're running fast, don't you think? And I don't even know what "quick-reaction pathways" are supposed to be, although that's probably my ignorance for never having played a modern Sonic game.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #652
Ultimate
a scar in time...

Quote:
OF COURSE I played classics. But the fact that classic Sonics were better doesnīt mean modern ones suck.
Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to aim that last sentence towards you, but younger players in general. It was easy for me to notice that the jumping physics bugged me because of my experience with the classics. But, perhaps those who have never played the classics wouldn't recognize these problems. And because of that, they wouldn't find those physics as a problem at all. Which, in turn, would probably make them like the game more. I don't even really know what my point was anymore...

Last edited by Ultimate; 08-11-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #653
Scizor300
footure semen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyasarin View Post
But Kyasarin, that game has bad everything.

<+Scizor300> i got kicked from #srb2fun from enraging rob with terrible christmas songs
<+Scizor300> my life is complete
sciz 4 stjr: i'm gonna make america cool again
Scizor300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #654
LongcrierCat
Down In It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor300 View Post
But Kyasarin, that game has bad everything.
And where did the most of the bad everything originate from? That's right. The Adventure series. You don't see a whole lot of Sonic fans admitting that the Adventure games were mediocre and were the cause of the majority of the franchise's problems today.

And remember guys... Be original!
LongcrierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #655
fickleheart
ms reflec beat stan

Quote:
And where did the most of the bad everything originate from? That's right. The Adventure series.
No. The Adventure games didn't cause 06; a horrible development cycle did. Either get your facts straight or stop parading your ideas around like they're the only voice of reason in the topic.
fickleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #656
Yoshi
Randomly found avatar

Quote:
And where did the most of the bad everything originate from? That's right. The Adventure series. You don't see a whole lot of Sonic fans admitting that the Adventure games were mediocre and were the cause of the majority of the franchise's problems today.
Hey Advanture series were awesome. If you hate Adventure and Modern series call yourself Classic Sonic Fan not Sonic Fan.
Old 08-12-2011   #657
toaster
トースタちゃん

I dislike the Adventure series (and 06) because they were unfun for me, and had horribly bland environments. I did like Sonic Heroes, however, which I suppose is part of the adventure style (but the environments are much easier on the eyes) so you could call me an all-around Sonic fan.

That said - One of the many problems with Sonic 06 was taking elements from the adventure series and pushing them to the forefront of the gameplay without taking fun into consideration. Wall-running, "mach speed" (which admittedly was done much better with Unleashed and Colours), and a hodgepodge of multiple characters, which you had to play through and change your character mid-level.

The development cycle just meant that it failed even more.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #658
Bbop800
hey

Um, last time I checked, Sonic 06 was horribly rushed to be released at a very soon-ish date. I don't see what Sonic Adventure has to do with ANY of this. Considering those games were nearly the exact opposite.

Add me on Steam!
Bbop800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011   #659
BlueZero4

I very much enjoyed Sonic 06, actually. I grew up on Adventure-era Sonic, so having those game mechanics was rather nice. The one thing that makes me a little sad about Generations is that they're passing over the Adventure-era gameplay.
Old 08-12-2011   #660
Shiron

INSTEAD OF ARGUING ABOUT HOW SONIC GENERATIONS ISN'T PERFECT, HOW ABOUT WE JUST READ THIS, ALRIGHT? =3
Shiron is offline   Reply With Quote