Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again, I'm also feeling sorry for the newschool fans. Considering that Generations will be building on Colours' 2D sections, we'll go through DOUBLE the average platforming and they'll be sick of it before they even finish the game. I know I will.
You know, I'm kinda baffled as to what you actually want from a Sonic game. Average platforming isn't particularly exciting, but at least it's a lot better than running in a straight line aka what the rest of the Modern Sonic levels seem to consist of.

At 3:06, the music starts playing a remix of the SA2 version of Sonic's theme.

Oooooh myyyyyy god.

Getting A or S rank has been easy to get since it started. It is interesting to get ranks on the classic 2d though. The advance games base it on time only.

A thread within a thread...interesting.

I don;t understand. Classic Tails doesn't speak either.

Last edited:
Was it even that hard in the first place?

Nope. the boss was easy. The boss always is so hard is because you have to fight two bosses before it, and the level was long so you worry about not getting a time over, but the boss itself is pretty easy.

During a hands-off segment of the demo, we were shown a reworked version of Rooftop Run from Sonic Unleashed. Like Green Hill, it was reworked from scratch in both 2D and 3D, despite being a relatively recent addition to the series.

Confetti rains down from the skies like multi-coloured rain, and Robotnik's airship looms menacingly in the background. After racing across the quaint cityscape, classic Sonic scaled a Big Ben-esque tower and climbed up the clock hands.

A spin attack performed in the centre of the clock face caused it to swing open and collide with Robotnik's airship, enabling the hedgehog to climb on board. The outcome was entirely different when modern Sonic reached this juncture in his version of the stage.

Aided by the power of his boost metre, the contemporary character propelled himself to the highest point on tower and used it as a launch pad.
From Retro; Also from Retro are some pretty cool rips of the animation in this game.

And if you look at related videos, you can find game play for mushroom hill.

Modern:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAtg9sF904o&feature=related

Exact reaction to that video (and, on a larger scale, the 3DS version as a whole):

379014379.gif

(feel free to nip that .gif in the bud if it causes strain on some users' ends)

Nice time to that Sleeping Beauty gif. Although it goes with remembering... What more should you expect out of Dimps? They're the same people that made Sonic 4: Episode 1 after all. Iizuka's direction is also a major variable in that equation too since he's the director of all the main Sonic titles at the moment.

And honestly? I'm not going to be surprised if a Retro Werehog makes its way into Generations. Seeing as Iizuka was the director of Sonic Unleashed and he said (if memory serves me correct) that Werehog may return, I really don't doubt it at this point. I mean, a month or so ago, when the assets were leaked from the demo one of the Sonic Retro members (who apparently reads Japanese) typed "Classic Werehog?" after seeing this image:

ui_common_stg_icon.png

Unless a Japanese reader here wants to interject, I'm not doubting that Iizuka's going to force Werehog on us again. It is a part of Sonic's history after all, just like all of those cities.

Last edited:
ui_common_stg_icon.png
Unless a Japanese reader here wants to interject, I'm not doubting that Iizuka's going to force Werehog on us again. It is a part of Sonic's history after all, just like all of those cities.

I don't see any indication of Werehog. I'm going to guess that "Classic and Generic" means "Classic and Modern", but I could be wrong.
-----------
First column:
シャドウ -Shadow

Second column:
クラシック -Classic
ジェネリック -Generic
テイルズ(ジェネリック) - Tails (Generic)
ナックルズ -Knuckles
ペクター -Vector

Third column:
エミー -Amy
クリーム -Cream
ブレイズ -Blaze

Fourth Column:
えっぐまん - Eggman
-------------

Last edited:
During a hands-off segment of the demo, we were shown a reworked version of Rooftop Run from Sonic Unleashed. Like Green Hill, it was reworked from scratch in both 2D and 3D, despite being a relatively recent addition to the series.

Confetti rains down from the skies like multi-coloured rain, and Robotnik's airship looms menacingly in the background. After racing across the quaint cityscape, classic Sonic scaled a Big Ben-esque tower and climbed up the clock hands.

A spin attack performed in the centre of the clock face caused it to swing open and collide with Robotnik's airship, enabling the hedgehog to climb on board. The outcome was entirely different when modern Sonic reached this juncture in his version of the stage.

Aided by the power of his boost metre, the contemporary character propelled himself to the highest point on tower and used it as a launch pad.

It's the Egg Carrier 4.

DR. IVO ROBOTNIK, WHEN WILL YOU LEARN? XD

Actually, that's not Japanese. It's English words written in katakana. As such, from the left column down, it says:

Shadow シャドウ
Classic クラシック
Generic ジェネリック
Tails (Generic) テイルス (ジェネリック)
Knuckles ナックルズ
Vector ベクター
Amy エミー
Cream クリーム
Blaze ブレイズ
Eggman えっぐまん (hiragana, otherwise still the English name written phonetically)

I see nothing to suggest that they're going to inflict Werehog on you again, at least in that image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back