Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a second, am I seriously the only person here who thinks 4 was great but this looks pretty atrocious so far?

犬夜叉;714493 said:
Wait a second, am I seriously the only person here who thinks 4 was great but this looks pretty atrocious so far?

Yes you are. However, both titles are below the standards that we should have for Sega.

Look, this probably seems like the best game ever to you guys, but Iizuka-san forbid that I demand a better, spectacular game to make up for 13 years of constant mediocrity ever since the first Adventure hit the Dreamcast.

Wait, so you hated Sonic Adventure when it came out? Or am I mistaken?
Cause if you did, why do you even speak on these topics if you've "had no hope" for thirteen years?

Wait, so you hated Sonic Adventure when it came out? Or am I mistaken?
Cause if you did, why do you even speak on these topics if you've "had no hope" for thirteen years?

I didn't realize it then, but I also was 6 years old then. I didn't really care, I thought it was really cool to see a 3D Sonic game.

You say that "it's now all of a sudden acceptable" and how it's total bullshit, is actually bullshit in itself. I quite actually ENJOYED Sonic 4.

And you know what, even if my standards are low, and not completely bat-shit insanely high, then I honestly don't care. Unlike you, I'm actually ENJOYING the time I have playing these games instead of despising it. For those of us with low standards, sure, they might be low compared to your's, but at least we're actually having FUN with the game.

And you know what, even if my standards are low, and not completely bat-shit insanely normal, then I honestly don't care. Unlike you, I'm actually ENJOYING the time I have playing these games instead of despising it. For those of us with low standards, sure, they might be low compared to your's, but at least we're actually having FUN with the game.
I fixed that for you. And you can thank me when Sega fixes the problems in future installments because I'm persistent on these problems instead of accepting mediocrity.

And I've insulted quite a many Sonic 4 fan myself, Moderator Inyuasha definitely included. So do you think I care? Just as long as I'm not spewing childish name calling and the sort, I've been rather reasonable. It's Sega being a company and I'm not pleased. Business as usual. However, many people like myself have actually had some influence in getting Sega's ass back on track to make games like Sonic Colours and Generations, so we must be doing SOMETHING right. They're just not there yet even though they should have been years ago.

Sega's always pumped out pretty games. That doesn't mean they're good games though. Just the same with Metroid: Other M. Just because it's gorgeous doesn't mean the gameplay is up to snuff. And Sega is a perfect example of that principle.

Are we through yet? I'm getting a bit beleaguered here trying to input some reason in the topic. I'm not Nicochi, so stop treating me like I am.

犬夜叉;714493 said:
Do you think the whole game looks terrible? The only part I may agree with you on is the Modern part. It doesn't look too different then Unleashed and it lacks the diversity (Power ups AKA Wisps) that Sonic Colors had.

Do you think the whole game looks terrible? The only part I may agree with you on is the Modern part. It doesn't look too different then Unleashed and it lacks the diversity (Power ups AKA Wisps) that Sonic Colors had.

At least Generations has the respect to name the levels the real names unlike Sonic 4 that rehashed levels and renamed them to try to throw off suspicion.

This is directed to Inyuasha.

And yes, Auto, I agree with you on the Unleashed comparison. Yet again, we're getting race tracks in place of platforming goodness. Oh joy.

Yet again, we're getting race tracks in place of platforming goodness. Oh joy.

My #1 problem with these stages so far.

Even if we get 2-D platforming, why no 3-D platforming as well?

And plus, you can easily just skip the 2-D platforming sections by jumping and boosting above them, or you could just take the easier way out by grinding.

Hopefully the latter levels will have at least ONE 3-D platforming section...

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, besides this problem, the game actually looks good so far. I'm eagerly awaiting more level reveals.

Last edited:
And yes, Auto, I agree with you on the Unleashed comparison. Yet again, we're getting race tracks in place of platforming goodness. Oh joy.

That's what the classic gameplay is there for. If you want platforming goodness, play those stages and keep away from the modern ones.

Was that directed torwards me or Greg?

That was definitely directed toward me.

Well, that's a shame then, Jelly, since Modern fans will be getting an overdose on average 2D platforming then. They'll probably be sick of it by the time the game's over.

Well, there actually exists people who aren't obsessed with platforming or exploration, such as my cousin and I, who didn't get bored after playing Sonic Unleashed and Colors.

Certainly looking forward to this one.

Well, there actually exists people who aren't obsessed with platforming or exploration, such as my cousin and I, who didn't get bored after playing Sonic Unleashed and Colors.

What ARE you obsessed with, then?

aha

ahaha

AHAHA

AHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know, sometimes I get a good laugh out of you.

Congratulations!

You have won the "Childish Name Calling and the Sort"
Award. CNCatSA for short!

Your rude, insultive laughter was of a quality we judges here do not see very often!! Keep up the good work, we're very proud of you!

Anyways...
...You guys are all talking like this game is out already. How do you know so much about it if it isn't even released? Is this all judging from the Green Hill demo a while ago?

Why the hell to you all care about what Greg thinks? I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter Greg, but do we REALLY need to get into at 6+ post argument trying to convince him something he will NEVER agree to. Let him post his complaint, and move on with his life.
Honestly, you could read this thread and get nothing new or important in the past two pages. Aside for one or two post.

Back on topic, I am enjoying this game, only getting to play a one level demo I am still saving $50 for its release. One of my favorite things is the music, I have an addiction to the classic remix of City Escape. (It's my ringtone :D)

Modern Chemical Plant will be my ringtone when we see a clean version of it!

I mean seriously, Distortion Guitar and Synth? Who would've thought!

It makes me wonder what Jun will do with Sky Sancuary...

What ARE you obsessed with, then?

Quick-reaction pathways with multiple button pressing and overall speed.

Either way, my cousin had downloaded the demo and... "content time has expired"? Is it like, a limited time demo or something...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back