• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Centigrade - Public Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The atmosphere you're going for, BZ4, in FFZ2 can indeed work in SRB2, but with the amount of open space you have, that's making it feel like it should be more of an RPG level or an extremely large Myst level.

NSZ2 plays so much better, and looks just as good as FFZ2.

This map pack is so ethereal...

I love it. I'd go as far as to say that this is the best SRB2 map pack ever.

Kuja said:
I want to see something in this level that one could only dream about, is what I'm getting at.
Alright, cool. By the way, would that overshadow my NiGHTS level I have in progress? My first guess says "no," because it would only help my style go towards the direction I would need it to be.

Kaysakado said:
I think both Forever Forests need some arrows, it's kind of hard to find your way.
Well, uh, I see your point that there are only two ways to finish FFZ1, and neither of them are obvious. FFZ2 shouldn't be as confusing. Not that FFZ1 even has an exit sector anymore!

SM said:
The atmosphere you're going for, BZ4, in FFZ2 can indeed work in SRB2, but with the amount of open space you have, that's making it feel like it should be more of an RPG level or an extremely large Myst level.
How would you suggest I do it with less open space, hm?

SM said:
NSZ2 plays so much better, and looks just as good as FFZ2.
NSZ2 has some incredibly kickass setpieces that really distinguish the level, but the transitions in between are very awkward.

Ezer.Arch said:
FFZ2 is perfect to be an award level
I would honestly like to have it in the main campaign, because I don't think I'm going to have more than three 3-act-zones. However, I'm going to implement it so that you don't have to finish it, given I have the time to make it a proper mod and not just a levelpack.

Just make it have about the amount of open space and enclosures as NSZ2. It would make the level feel less empty. Plus adding enemies would be really helpful.

Well SonicMaster, I see no reason to include enemies if the level catches my interest enough. It hardly plays like Sonic at all. I see no reason to force it in that mold. He could take it in a completely different direction if he wanted to/had the will to do so.

Also, I don't think that this would overshadow your WIP NiGHTS level at all. I doubt I'd associate one with the other anyway, so...yeah.

Interesting. A realMYST/Uru-type level, for example, could actually be done in SRB2 without any EXE modification, but there would be some limitations on what kind of puzzles could be made. Can't really think of any other games right at the time of this post with what vanilla SRB2 + a WAD can be emulated.

The version of FFZ1 currently packaged in centigrade.wad has no exit sector, so don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back