Kirby Wii - Finally! A RELEASE DATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

After looking back at the past year with impressive sales figures, Nintendo is now looking ahead to the future, detailing some upcoming Wii games in the process.

As expected, the upcoming year will bring a number of high-profile titles to the popular platform, including Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M, with Japan getting at least two new Wii-exclusive RPGs: The Last Story and XENOBLADE.

A breakdown of all the upcoming Nintendo-published games listed by the company in today's financial filings follows, along with any relevant comments made by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata during his presentation to investors.

Of course, that's not all Nintendo has to offer. "Nintendo values the 'freshness' of our product information," teased Iwata, "and in general disclose information of our major titles to be launched at year-end during the E3 show...held in Los Angeles in June."

Upcoming Nintendo Published Wii Games

Endless Ocean: Blue World - Akira
Also known as Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep
Japan: Released September 2009
North America: February 22, 2010
Europe: February 5, 2010

Kirby Wii
Japan: Summer 2010
North America: Not Listed
Europe: Not Listed

The Last Story - Mistwalker
Japan: 2010

Described by Iwata as "another full-scaled RPG" based around "the universal theme of human emotion."

The Legend of Zelda
Japan: TBA

"We will show the new Zelda title for Wii at this year's E3," vowed Iwata, echoing earlier reports.

Line Attack Heroes
North America: TBA
Europe: TBA

Metroid: Other M - Team NINJA
Japan: Summer 2010
North America: 2010
Europe: 2010

Sin and Punishment 2 - Treasure
Japan: Released October 2009
North America: Q1 2010

Spin Smasher
North America: TBA
Europe: TBA

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Japan: 2010

Wii Vitality Sensor Software
"At the E3 this year, we would like to show you a software that utilizes Wii Vitality Sensor, which we announced at last year's E3 show," said Iwata.

XENOBLADE - Monolith Software
(Also known as Monado: Beginning of the World)
Japan: Spring 2010

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62156

Until, I see some new trailers, I find this too good to be true.

I feel that Nintendo will just cancel or push it back again.

How appropriate, considering how many times Brawl felt like a Super Smash Bros game using a Kirby engine. (actually, I think it was... iirc)

Anyway, I'm counting on Q1 and Q2 being empty both on the Wii and the PC, I know I won't be able to afford any games as long as I'm driving to and from college... I can't even afford the gas that gets me here.
I hope there are only a couple games that come out that interest me, I might have an opportunity to spend my money on the old games I missed out on. (I already know that's not the case, SMG2, OtherM, Okamiden is three already)

The release date sounds reasonable, why would they released the game near the consoles death? (2011-2012?)

I'm sorry, that went over my head. Explain how you're so sure this generation is going to end next year? More than ever, all three consoles have a ton of mileage and it'd be stupid to push a new one out while the economy's unstable and while your old console's still at the top of its game.

How appropriate, considering how many times Brawl felt like a Super Smash Bros game using a Kirby engine. (actually, I think it was... iirc)

IIRC, didn't Hudson(creator of Kirby) make Brawl? I agree!

I'm sorry, that went over my head. Explain how you're so sure this generation is going to end next year? More than ever, all three consoles have a ton of mileage and it'd be stupid to push a new one out while the economy's unstable and while your old console's still at the top of its game.

Maybe I worded it wrong.
What I mean is by the end of 2012. (2013 ish) there will probably be a new console.
This generation can't last forever. And the Wii is definitely not at the top of its game. The PS3 will now be getting the Wii experience in HD.

IIRC, didn't Hudson(creator of Kirby) make Brawl? I agree!

Maybe I worded it wrong.
What I mean is by the end of 2012. (2013 ish) there will probably be a new console.
This generation can't last forever. And the Wii is definitely not at the top of its game. The PS3 will now be getting the Wii experience in HD.

What do you mean by that?

You didn't hear about the wand? The buttonless Wiimote clone?
But, I would rather not turn this into a console war so...

2010. Sure. Last year their documents said it would come out some time 2009. Or maybe that was two years ago? You get the idea.

I'm glad they're at least acknowledging its existence; I'm just a bit peeved they've been treating it like Duke Nukem Forever (worse, actually, since we've still had NO previews since it was originally announced).

I don't see why they couldn't have dropped us another trailer or something, after hyping up Brawl for 3 years before it's release, Kirby Wii hasn't had anything since the system's predecessor.

I mean damn, even an E3 mention would have been nice.

I'll...wait to get excited. Although, one reason for their actions of pushing this game to the side-lines is most likely because of the company using their time to work on other projects. We should at least be glad that the company hasn't completely forgotten about the game. Who cares about how long people have been waiting for it? As long as it comes out, I'm game.

How appropriate, considering how many times Brawl felt like a Super Smash Bros game using a Kirby engine.

Quick side note: I always thought that Kirby Air Ride used the SSB:Melee engine.
[/OFFTOPIC]

I hope this is good... and that it's released in the US as "Kirby of the Stars".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back