I'm tired of n00bs on our master server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeoJames said:
Ritz said:
Sonicandtails218 said:
(because every host Logan has to ban is time away from 1.1 getting worked on)
Because every second counts!

Now, the clear-cut solution to all of this is to simply ban netgames using wads from the MS. Of course, you'd still have to put up with the idiots, but at least 2/3 of the games on the server will be playable then- that's probably the entire community's biggest problem right there.

Nu nu nu!

How will we play Mystic realm?

I think it ought to be reminded that you can still add wads to private netgames, and join them by IP. While such a solution wouldn't be too positive, it's still favorable for a number of reasons:

1. It eliminates the need to go and get every single crappy wad a person adds to a netgame, because they won't add it.
2. Overpowered or otherwise crappy wads such as SMS will not be hosted on the Master Server.
3. In general, people probably won't make character wads as often, as it would be a hassle to host them anyway.
4. Crappy levels will not be hosted.

Downfalls:

1. Level packs such as Mystic Realm and Acid Missile (and the contest packs as a whole) will not be hosted publicly.
2. Professional character wads such as Metal Sonic and Senku will not be hosted.

If there could be a way to only allow certain wads on the master server by default, then this solution would be much more convenient. But again, IP address joining is always an option.

Ok I have an idea, how about someone make server that would be one with out any rules at all. That will definetly make people go to that one instead of the MS.

Jman said:
Ok I have an idea, how about someone make server that would be one with out any rules at all. That will definetly make people go to that one instead of the MS.

RP and chatroom flood.

Banning wad using netgames would have a downside.
The code would need to be restructured, to have a hascheated as well as a modified variable, people do use cheats ocassionally.

The other way would be to have it send a list of wads added to the MS, but that would be unfair to the exe mods like SRB2JTE, since they wouldn't be allowed then :<

And thats why they should leave it the same. This is the first online game I played that have so much stupid rules. Now making rules for wads. Then why should this game even use addons if it makes ya'll so mad.

I sais leaving the same would be much more betta!

There's not much stopping you fromhosting your own game and kicking noobys when they come your way

Jman said:
And thats why they should leave it the same. This is the first online game I played that have so much stupid rules.

See, you don't get it. The staff makes more rules because we're flooding with noobs who cheat and can't use common sense. Want a complete list of things that are ruining the community? Here you go.

1. Anti-gravity and super-gravity servers. Amusing for the first ten seconds in a newbie's experience. Pisses everyone else off.
2. Super Mystic Sonic is added to the netgame half the time, which rapes the art provided by SRB2 and adds an overpowered skin at the same time. Double Bogey.
3. "UR CHEATING" and "play like your a beginner". Firstly, there's no such thing as cheating unless you're the host, and second, I'll play at whatever skill level I damn want to.
4. Frequently lagging servers. Sadly, this happens most often in servers that are civilized or have higher standards. Nowadays, noobs have the best connection.
5. I can't host. D:
6. Morons that add tons of wads to their servers like there's no tomorrow. What's dumber is that they're usually the most vague wads ever, half of them which you probably couldn't find on the internet for your life.
7. Chats and hangouts. They're still common, despite efforts to ban them.
8. While uncommon, there's the occasional innocent host that gets duped by some asshole to verify them, resulting in living hell half of the time.
9. Responsible and usually non-laggy people normally don't host. A dedicated server would be nice, at least.

Rules are being added to counter this crap and make netgames a more enjoyable experience. They aren't "stupid", and I'm quite certain that they aren't unnecessary. If you want there to be less rules, think of a way to eliminate half the items on that list, then maybe they'll talk.

cueball61 said:
Banning wad using netgames would have a downside.
The code would need to be restructured, to have a hascheated as well as a modified variable, people do use cheats ocassionally.
BW was on the right track- anyone who wants to use wads during netgames could just as easily have people join via IP. Besides, the games with 3 or more wads are generally private affairs, anyway; they're just clogging the game list and misleading people, we don't need that.

Also, another, much more efficient way to improve things around here would be to ban/remove co-op. Not likely to happen, but there's no harm in dreaming, right?

Ban/remove co-op?

What are you THINKING?

And I REALLY htink things are fine how they are, IP dosn't work for alot of people

Ritz said:
Also, another, much more efficient way to improve things around here would be to ban/remove co-op. Not likely to happen, but there's no harm in dreaming, right?

That can't, and probably won't, happen. While the giant amount of normal, unmodified coop servers inhabit the server, it can't be excuse enough to flat out get rid of it, due to the fact that there are also Mystic Realm, Acid Missile, Blue Heaven, and other good wads that are primarily meant for this game type; it's the only game type where you can collect emeralds (often required for a secret level) and fight bosses together; removing it would reduce the point of pairing up in levels to assist others in finding secrets such as the Mystic Temples and emerald locations.

And lastly, while the gametype is ideal for noobs, it's even more ideal for people just flat out new to the game. An introduction to the master server community, if you will. The fact that Race is a similar, yet more challenging gametype, cannot be reason enough to get rid of Coop, no matter how pointless it seems to us. Besides that, a fourth of the community would feast on our brains if we did that, similar to how I would if you removed Full Race.

This was probaly sugested (I was to lazy to read 5 pages) but why don't we just get the usernames of the idiototic fools and if we see them pop up in our server then kick them or mess around with the gravity to kill them (change the camera to watch them and cnage the gravity right as they jump over a death pit! :twisted: )

Fish hook said:
This was probaly sugested (I was to lazy to read 5 pages) but why don't we just get the usernames of the idiototic fools and if we see them pop up in our server then kick them or mess around with the gravity to kill them (change the camera to watch them and cnage the gravity right as they jump over a death pit! :twisted: )
Then you would look like a n00b.

Man, I know that feeling! Stupid srb2 retard noobs. Ugh. They disgust me, I'm a sore loser sometimes but I'd never DREAM of making up a lame, lame, lame excuse like that. Sheesh. For goodness' sake, it's makes me tear my fur out!!! >_<

Is he a recolor of Shadow?>_>
Anyway about an hour ago I was playing a netgame,race.When I got to the toxic by the gun,when I jumped across he turned the gravity to like 10.What a cheater. :x

DanteEX said:
Is he a recolor of Shadow?>_>
Anyway about an hour ago I was playing a netgame,race.When I got to the toxic by the gun,when I jumped across he turned the gravity to like 10.What a cheater. :x

Yeah, but I have another fancharacter on my webcomic called Inferno, he's not a recolor but I guess advertising's not allowed on this board. I can PM you with the link if you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back