Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... Re-reading my comment, I couldn't understand it myself, SO I BROUGHT EVIDENCE... I mean PROOF... Eh, see for yourself. Anyway its just like I said- when i step on the floor those egg shield bots stand on, I die instantly. Fix this please?

Attachments

• srb20102.png
    srb20102.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 384
  • srb20104.png
    srb20104.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 423
You didn't need to do that. I understood what you said perfectly, and have already fixed that problem. Thanks for trying to make it easier, though.

Fawfulfan i have an idea for Upload Download Zone to make more interesting in single player level: become this level in the SADX emerald hunt type level where you must find 3 pieces of master emerald (in SRB2 those are simply green chaos emeralds), also if you have more match type stages, you could port it to tortured planet and make it emerald hunt levels.

A couple of minor bugs you might already know of...

srb20006.png

Around the part where you hit buttons and then jump across floating boxes, if you walk back out the front door of the area after hitting the first button, you see this.

srb20009.png

Can't remember the exact location, sorry.

Also, the flow of this area feels a little off.

If I might suggest something... last night while heading through ECZ, I started thinking that an enemy or something that drops globs of molten metal might fit that stage pretty well.

A well timed spindash, a glitch bounce, and an icy floor results in shenanigans.

Fawfulfan i have an idea for Upload Download Zone to make more interesting in single player level: become this level in the SADX emerald hunt type level where you must find 3 pieces of master emerald (in SRB2 those are simply green chaos emeralds), also if you have more match type stages, you could port it to tortured planet and make it emerald hunt levels.

Please no. This isn't Tortured Planet Adventure. SRB2, not SRB2ADX.

Hum, where is the Eruption Conduit 1 Token? I turned it upside down and I didn't find it! I wanna jump over SZ and AAZ.

Please no. This isn't Tortured Planet Adventure. SRB2, not SRB2ADX.

I know, also is not the best idea ever made, but i don't know why this level is in the level pack since i cannot play it as a multiplayer level, this level don't fit in a single player level, except if you make a challenge for that. SRB2 has an unlockable stage where you must find the three emeralds, so i think that tortured planet could have one.

However i think that the best thing that Fawfulfan could do is make this stage playable as a multiplayer level. But probably is impossible.

I know, also is not the best idea ever made, but i don't know why this level is in the level pack since i cannot play it as a multiplayer level, this level don't fit in a single player level, except if you make a challenge for that. SRB2 has an unlockable stage where you must find the three emeralds, so i think that tortured planet could have one.

However i think that the best thing that Fawfulfan could do is make this stage playable as a multiplayer level. But probably is impossible.
Reply spoilered because of me spoiling secrets.
Upload Download is an unlockable stage. If you get 30 emblems, you can play it in multiplayer, according to the SRB2 Wiki.
I do think this is a stupid idea though.
Also, we don't have the Christmas Hunt level anymore.

I found a very tiny design error on Drowned Downtown Act 1.

Take a look at the screenshot:

The spaces beneath the protrusions on that hydrant either are lacking water, or lacking a colormap in the water.

Oh yeah. That makes sense too.

But the actual color of the fire hydrant is different in the affected part. Even with a shadow, it would look darker red, not purplish like the rest of the hydrant. I would think that would suggest a lack of colormap or possibly lack of water entirely, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, whatever it is, I just wanted to point it out in case Fawfulfan wants to fix it.

@kimthefox!!! A friend just showed me in a netgame how to get it, if you ever create a server with youre name in it, ill know its you and show you, since its kinda hard to explain the location... Anyway, ill try. On one of the pipes that might be sending lava from it has a crack, so you gotta jump from high up onto it and break the wall.

srb20006.png

Tails Emblem in Sunshine Atoll Zone 2 is impossible to collect as it's inside the thok barrier. (However, those that have collected the Emblem secretly laugh at those who try to get the Emblem while it's glitched in the wall. >_>)

I have v6.2 if your wondering...

Last edited:
srb20006.png

Tails Emblem in Sunshine Atoll Zone 2 is impossible to collect as it's inside the thok barrier. (However, those that have collected the Emblem secretly laugh at those who try to get the Emblem while it's glitched in the wall. >_>)

I have v6.2 if your wondering...

You got there just before I did! Anyways, yes this problem. How long will we have to wait for this fix? I'm trying to Catch 'em, I mean Collect 'em all!

@Spherallic: You have the reason. i've unlocked Upload Download zone but it's only playable as single player level, not multiplayer. I don't know which is the purpose to unlock this zone and WTZ if i cannot play those stages as multiplayer levels.

No, they are both specified as the appropriate multiplayer gametypes. The problem is that, as far as I know, there is no way to specify what gametype in which to load levels selected from the secrets menu. To play them in their appropriate gametypes, you'll have to start up a netgame and warp to them via the console (since they are unselectable in the level choice menu).

As for all those bugs, thank you for pointing them out. Fixes are coming.

Couple more bugs and other things.

srb20011.png

Not a bug, but this looks kinda weird.

srb20012.png

Pretty cool, but OH GOD MY FPS

srb20013.png

Missing texture: Sorry I can't pinpoint this spot well, I was upside-down and the only good viewing angle was from first-person.

srb20014.png

The floating arrows here are missing the arrows on the important side. Was jumping about the wrong side of the room for a bit.

srb20016.png

Most likely not your fault. Probably a rendering error or something. I dunno.

srb20017-1.png

Level was AWESOME, FPS was nigh-unplayable. :(

srb20018-1.png

Self-explanatory. Ran into this problem a lot myself.

Also UFO gimmick was AWESOME.

I believe I have fixed all of those now. BTW, that one in Spacewalk Act 2 was my fault. But it shouldn't happen anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back