Suggestions

Again, the problem with keep-away gametypes is that they generally break down in SRB2 due to the exceptionally fast speed of the game. Even removing the thok in CTF, it's very easy for a single player to run around with the flag and dodge permanently. The reason CTF works fine is because the player holding the flag has to move to a specific location, and that location is generally an intentionally cramped and hard to dodge in. In a gametype where you get points for just HOLDING the flag, it would be very easy to run to a distant area and dodge for quite a while, especially in smaller games.

Then perhaps the team would only get points while the flag is secured to the flag-holding spot in their base.

Then you run into issue 2 again. It just doesn't feel like a good use of our time to create special maps for a very narrow gametype.

Not letting Graphics mods cause a Modified Game state, disallowing you to enter netgames. Make it so it's treated like Music stuff and allows you to join games still, PLEASE.
Graphics modifications are NOT like music. They do change the game. You could, for instance, change all the game's textures to say, black, and then change the player character sprites to white hitboxes. Personally, I consider such tricks as cheating, and that's why graphical modifications modify the game.

Now, possibly it would be cool to allow the player to modify the HUD and the HUD only, but I don't know if I'm comfortable with even such a small change since in WoW the default UI is basically never used except by complete newbies.

Last edited:
Increase MAXMOVE to, say, 90, and then raise maxdash for the vanilla characters to MAXMOVE. This gives Sonic a reason to Spindash, and gives Tails/Knuckles more of a reason.

Split Multiability and Nospinjump! I have a character who has a special doublejump but I don't want him to be able to triple jump.

If you don't want to split Multiability and Nospinjump then at least have a seperate Nospinjump.

On ms.srb2.org and when using the 'listserv' command in SRB2, have it show the number of players, ping, and gametype just like when normally searching for a game. This way I don't have to bother starting up SRB2 to see if there's any decent netgames to join.

Additionally to Delta's suggestion, have a "H" designation for Hide & Seek games so we can differentiate between it and and Tag games in the server listing. Having them under the same letter is more confusing than it needs to be sometimes.

SRB2 should let you choose monitor refresh rate when in fullscreen mode. It's a pain having to play in 60Hz when it would look a lot better in 70Hz.

Fade in/out for rain and thunder noises during weather changing.

Fade in/out for music changing.

In both cases, it doesn't need a perfect Fade in/out. Music/sound volume can fade following this progression: 0%-25%-50%-100% of default sound volume or vice-versa.

Last edited:
If you've made a sector with "Linedef Executor - Floor Touch" and "Rope Hang" both applied to it, it should run the linedef executor when you grab on to it. Also, I'd like to see a linedef executor for "Alter Zoomtube Waypoint Height", which would alter the height of a set of waypoints by the X offset. That way, it's easier to make switches that are activated by pulling on them.

Also, if someone's climbing on a wall as Knuckles when the H&S timer runs out, they should be forced off. (It'd also be nice to disable skin/color changes of any kind when hidden.)

Also, might it be possible to force all hiders to a certain color, such as bright yellow or blue? Or, possibly, make hiders unaffected by lighting? It's very annoying to be unable to find someone because they found a dark alcove in a level and changed their color to camoflague with it, making them impossible to see.

Last edited:
give us an ingame option to use either the current screen shot totals screen or the old totals screen system from 1.09.4 that allows custom interpicts

A keeplives comand for in coop. Instead of reseting your lives to 3 at the start of each level it would carry your lives over from the previous level... And it would be on by default...

1) New Trigger - # of hits against the boss

One or more events could be performed when you've hit the boss # times.

Sample: Upon 2nd hit, make slime rise; upon 4th hit, make slime sink; upon 6th hit, make laser blocks appear etc...

2) New Trigger - # of Times

Activates events after an object has triggered this linedef # times. This could be used in new kinds of special stages, or in levels where you don't want the player uses same path # times.

Sample: After a player has stepped on a sector X times, a door closes or level ends.

3) New Trigger - Wait

Like "WAIT #" command, this can give a "delay" between events. This could be used when level designer wants certain events don't be performed immediately after triggered.

Sample: After 2nd hit against the boss, wait 70 tics, make slime rise. After player has stepped on a sector, wait 85 tics, door closes.

4) Enhanced SHOWSCORES

SHOWSCORES should display how many lives the player has, in Coop and in Race mode; if the player is the IT or was found, in Tag mode; the player's team, in Team match and CTF. Useful when you host a dedicated server (you need to know if players are actually playing) and when you don't bother to F12 every player in your server.

Sample:
Ezer'Arch's score is 100 and has 2 lives (or got Game Over if zero)
Ezer'Arch's score is 250 and is the IT
Ezer'Arch's score is 200 and is on red team

Last edited:
After hitting a ring box, or any other object that was SOCed, that increases your ring count more than one; That monitor, or object should gradually increase your ring count to that number, rather than instantly make it that number.
I say this would be a unique addition to SRB2.

Of course if you get hit, your ring counter would stop increasing.

what about an option that actually records a video and saves it to your srb2 folder instead of giving you a half million useless screenshots? i know it would probably be quite laggy, but then people wouldn't have to buy a hypercam or anything just to record srb2 gameplay. it would also make it easier to record glitches and bugs.
srb2win -record heyimrecordingnowai

Though it would be nice if the format was changed so it doesn't desync and you can start it in the middle of a map.

perfectbonusoffset as a variable for the level header. Negative and Positive values both work - Negative can be used if you have unobtainable rings, such as in the background in a 2D map, and Positive could be used if you have custom ring monitors that aren't recognized by SRB2, or if you want the 50 rings from tokens to be counted.

Perfectbonusexact as a variable. If 1, you need the exact amount of rings. If 0, you need the exact amount or more, like right now.

EDIT: (actually a delete/repost so as to bump)
A Custom Ring Monitor for map designers - the lower bit of the angle determines the color, and the higher bit determines how many rings.

My characters are not meant to have superform and I don’t like having them thrust upon me. Mayhaps you could add that back in and provide some benefit to not having a superform (like, when all emeralds are collected, the character has the multiability and the spindash abilities, or something like that). Even if you don’t add in a benefit, I would still appreciate having the option to turn that off.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back