Shadow Spin-off Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Sonic is for children now. No more "family friendly", just flat-out "kids-only".

Why else would you have such craptastic lines as "We're Sonic Heroes" in the game? Why else would Sega wuss out and remove three of the most popular games of all time, the Streets of Rage trilogy, from Gems? Why else would Sega decide using 4Kids actors from a dub obviously tailored from family-friendly to kiddy fare, effectively letting the tail wag the dog?

What happens is that Sonic was always rated E, and Sega don't want Shadow rated T only for giving guns inside. The E10 rating was made for this stupid reason, I think.

"Despite the M on his cap, Mario just isn't an M-rated kinda guy.", said Nintendo Power at some point or other...

I live in Australia, and my copy of SSBM is G8+. Obviously, the people do the age ratings in OZ have more sense than the ESRB. But the ESRB seriously doesn't deserve to be constantly attacked by the greatest douche on earth, Jack Thompson.

Personally, I'll just wait and see if this game is good.

cronosonic said:
But the ESRB seriously doesn't deserve to be constantly attacked by the greatest douche on earth, Jack Thompson.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Douche_in_the_Universe
Maybe so, but the earth pales in comparison to the universe. ^_~

There was a point some time after release when the rating of SSBM was going to be changed to an 'E', but it never materialized. Source is both K-Mart and GameStop, both of which are usually correct.

I'm picking this up the minute I get out of school today, as I have both this and Rush reserved at Gamestop. [I'm posting from school, which I'm not even supposed to do x_x]

Mystic said:
And you thought SEGA couldn't sink any lower...

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3138745

Shadow...with a gun. Apparently SEGA has figured out that Sonic isn't cool anymore and they need some cartoon violence to sell games at this point.

Of course, I finally gave up with SEGA on Heroes, so I couldn't care less. SRB2 is more than anything that those idiots at SEGA make anymore.
The beginig was that Luigi has a "Goustbuster"Weapen, Mario with a Waterpistol and now Shadow with a gun. the next: Sonic with a Roketthrower, Tails with dopes and Knux with a Airboart.^^

oh man! that is not the best Future!

Walter

Shadow

why are people pissing thereselves just because the sonic franchise took a dark turn it was bound to happen sometime and i think itl be great

Get the **** out of Dodge. Don't ask. Just leave. Trust me, it'll save you.

Re: Shadow

Jackskellinghog said:
why are people pissing thereselves just because the sonic franchise took a dark turn it was bound to happen sometime and i think itl be great
Okay, I'll be rather polite with you about this.

It's not because the game took a turn for, as God warrIOR! Marguerite Perring would put it, "dark-sided stuff". It's because the formula was flawed, and this does NOTHING to fix it. At all.

Bottomless pits were the cause of far too many deaths in Heroes. Are they gone, then? Nope, still here.

The writing was incredibly corny and much more kid-oriented than family-friendly. Does Shadow fix this? From what I've heard it's actually just as bad, only much funnier now because it tries to take itself seriously with the rather artificial "I'M SO BAD! >:O" attitude.

The control was WAY too loose in Heroes; turning around should be a snap, and very easy to do on a dime; instead, it was incredibly difficult, and rather hard to get used to. Has Shadow fixed this? Admittedly... I wouldn't know, but I HAVE heard complaints that the control is pretty bad.

The objectives of Team Chaotix's missions were incredibly convoluted, being of the "miss ONE thing we hid in this area you'll never see, and you can't finish the level" variety. That's how Shadow does its "Good or Evil?" motif. If it was stilted once, what would make it NOT stilted now?

Plot continuity. Why is it that Sonic wants Shadow dead in Heroes, but is so willing to work with him in Shadow's own game? Apparently there's a picture of Sonic and Shadow working together - when the heck did they do that? This game notwithstanding.

Loops and ramps. Back in the day, that was an example of fine physics calculations; would you have the velocity to run around the loop, or would the loop send you packing back the way you came? But since Adventure, they're there for show. Literally. The game practically plays itself on them, and if you let go of the controller and try to run on it normally, your resulting movement will be utterly unpredictable - or, somehow, you'll miraculously get a boost from nowhere and be able to go around the loop in all its flashy glory. This COULD be a great time to show off 3D physics, but instead it's more flashy than anything else.

The camera apparently is as bad as ever. Disregard the fact it always points you forward, and should it not, will try to force its way that way; often times it's really hard just to see what you need to see. Particularly when you have EVERYBODY against you, no matter your alignment.

In fact, count that too. You could be Hero Shadow but GUN won't care. Pathetic.

Speaking of alignment, you're still up with would-be allies who won't SHUT THE HEY UP. Did ANYONE like that in Heroes? I didn't. Not to mention you're stuck with 4Kids if you got the GameCube version.

So there, that's why we don't like Shadow, even without having played it. And besides, the "dark turn" wasn't "bound to happen", as you said, especially considering the way Heroes was, and the way all the other upcoming Sonic games are. Did THEY have to have a "dark turn" to look like they'd be entertaining? They sure as heck didn't.

Jackskellinghog said:

liek i think it will be good too they shuld make more dark sonic games they should replace sonic wth shodow what do u thnk?

firemario1001 said:
Jackskellinghog said:

liek i think it will be good too they shuld make more dark sonic games they should replace sonic wth shodow what do u thnk?
LOL

Shadow the Hedgehog is probably gonna be 3-star from the original 4-star priority on my christmas list. 4Kids actors suck. Period.
I signed the petition for stopping 4Kids actors taking over Sonic game voices awhile back... I think the 2468th signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back