• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Natasha (Unfinished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this was a character wad I started some time ago and as usual I hit a road block. Problem one is that this character is not suppose to drown while under water but I can't code and I don't have the mind to learn how. The other problem is that I can't make sprites for the character so right now it's just stuck with most of the Sonic sprites and Tails swim sprites. Here is what I have to show any ways.
srb20014.gif

srb20015.gif

Code:
addHook("ThinkFrame", do
	for player in players.iterate
		if player.mo.valid
		and(player.mo.skin == "natasha")
			player.powers[pw_underwater] = 233232233
		end
	end
end)
This is how the code might look like.

Code:
addHook("ThinkFrame", do
	for player in players.iterate
		if player.mo.valid
		and(player.mo.skin == "natasha")
			player.powers[pw_underwater] = 233232233
		end
	end
end)
This is how the code might look like.
And what part of the wad should I put that in? I just tried your code in the main configuration/SOC_PLAY and that did not work so I was not sure if I just put it in the wrong place or if the code just does not work.

ok you will want to create a lua file in the wad then you put the code in the lua inside slade and if you want i can do it for you

I mean, what you're asking for is kind of the bulk of what makes a character wad a character wad. All of the heavy lifting usually goes into spriting and scripting. It's understandable if you can't do both, but you gotta learn how to do at least some of it, right?

There are tutorials on the wiki that explain how to use lua code for various purposes, and you can search just about anywhere for spriting tutorials. At the very least, Micro gave you the necessary code to plug in; if you're operating within a WAD file, you will want to name the lump LUA_xxxx ("xxxx" being whatever you want), and if you're operating within a PK3, you can execute the code by creating a Lua/ subfolder in your PK3's main directory and placing the lump within that subfolder.

Uh do you have discord cause you can send it like that mines is Expert#2396 im just going to put the lua inside of the wad

Last edited:
It's easy to make a Lua file, just make a new text document, save it as "LUA_xxxx" (like CobaltBW said) and drag it to your doom editor, once you make that, simply paste the code that Micro gave you and the text should look colorfull. Then you can save it in a folder if it's a pk3 or if it is a wad, just leave in a place where you want. :>

srb20016.gif

So thanks to the help I got, Natasha no longer drowns while under water and after actually looking stuff up I figured out how to change the sprites without problems so now The sign post sprite is no longer just Sonic's sign post sprite. I'm not good with art stuff though so its my sister who made the sprite. I also wounder if this would be good enough to submit or if more sprites would have to be made first. Thank you to all who helped by the way.

that signpost sprite is literally impossible to see
also, you should really have a full sprite set for a character, just using sonic & tails' sprites really doesn't cut it if you don't have extensive lua for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back