SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6701
Axolex53
Unknown person
 
Axolex53's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayAngel View Post
I just had a thought about Castle Eggman's boss. The current version is definitely an improvement over the previous one, which was like a waiting game. But if you think about it, Eggman choosing to include buttons that force his protective cage to lift and make him vulnerable is... Well, it's interesting choice, on par with Plankton's coin operated self-destruct.

So that got me thinking, is there something that could replace the buttons that would make more sense? And I think I have an idea. The boss arena has an audience now. What if those foam finger wearing Eggrobos threw food at the player? Some could throw banana peals to try to slip you up. Some could throw tomatoes to splatter on the player's screen. And some could throw whole freaking watermelons at you. When the melons drop, the player can attack them to send them flying at Eggman, where it splatters all over the glass, and he has to lift the cage to see you.

"What glass?"

Uhh. The cage has glass now. He can't have gaps big enough for Fang's cork bullets to fit through, right?
The idea is good, only that Amy can use her hammer to break the glass, unless the crystal is from this ad
__________________
-"No... NO! You don't understand! You can't CHANGE the way I feel!"

+" That's Right! Only YOU can!"
Axolex53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6702
Snowy
PersistantRubine
 
Snowy's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayAngel View Post
So that got me thinking, is there something that could replace the buttons that would make more sense? And I think I have an idea. The boss arena has an audience now. What if those foam finger wearing Eggrobos threw food at the player? Some could throw banana peals to try to slip you up. Some could throw tomatoes to splatter on the player's screen. And some could throw whole freaking watermelons at you. When the melons drop, the player can attack them to send them flying at Eggman, where it splatters all over the glass, and he has to lift the cage to see you.
I... hate to admit it, but... That just turns the fight back into a waiting game. yes it makes sense, but it doesn't NEED to make sense- it's a boss fight in a game about a blue hedgehog and an egotistical doctor who also fails to see the obvious flaws until they start causing trouble, then insisting he doesn't need to worry about the issue, causing him to fail at the end.

Neat idea, but that literally sets us back to square one of the issue- it's a waiting game again for the Egg Robos to toss their melons. And even then, buttons are just better because vertical sight isn't as good for the player, and they'll be focused on the boss- which means they might miss the melons, and cause the fight to go on longer.
__________________
TOGETHER we can show the world what we can do!
You are giving me a little mania!
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6703
Jaco Boy
 
Jaco Boy's Avatar
Default

Yall know the exit game message that mentions the old secret about jumping on the house in gfz 2? I kinda feel like it should possibly be replaced with something new. I get that its kinda a reference, but not everyones gonna know the context. I know this is nitpicking to the highest degree, but still.
__________________
Universal super form supporter
Jaco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6704
BlueZero4
 
BlueZero4's Avatar
Default

A golden monitor just for bouncing on. Maybe it has actually literally nothing inside of it?
BlueZero4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6705
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZero4 View Post
A golden monitor just for bouncing on. Maybe it has actually literally nothing inside of it?
That would probably work better as a spring that bounces you back up as high as you fell on it from. This could also have angled variations to redirect your momentum in a specific direction.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6706
BlueZero4
 
BlueZero4's Avatar
Default

(In response to the above: Springs always send the player upward at a fixed height. The crawla-bob physics are only associated with badniks and monitors, so I disagree strongly.)


Flame shield thok as a custom character ability.

Leading zero support for act numbers. "Greenflower Zone 01" etc.
BlueZero4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6707
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZero4 View Post
(In response to the above: Springs always send the player upward at a fixed height. The crawla-bob physics are only associated with badniks and monitors, so I disagree strongly.)
As long as the springs that launch the player upward as high as they fell from have their own color association, there shouldn't be a problem. This would also usually be less confusing to the player than empty monitors, as springs are more closely associated as progression tools than monitors are. Monitors hold items in them and can be used as unconventional, advanced methods of traversing a level. Springs are placed specifically as points to bounce from. As long as they follow a color code, the logic should remain consistent. Example: Yellow Springs are weak, Red Springs are strong, Green Springs vary depending on how high the player fell on them from. They don't have to be green, that was just what I used for the example.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #6708
tropluckyfr
 
tropluckyfr's Avatar
Default

maybe adding bean the dynamite and engage someone to make some translation like french or russian(theres a lot of russians in this game)
__________________
troplucky:*gets deleted from gamebanana*
dr.enzo.ivo:welp guess ill update him and release him again
also dr.enzo.ivo:welp my bro temmie609 will never let me on the computer
temmie609:LMAO FUCK YOU UWUUUUUUUUUUUU
tropluckyfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #6709
Axolex53
Unknown person
 
Axolex53's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropluckyfr View Post
maybe adding bean the dynamite and engage someone to make some translation like french or russian(theres a lot of russians in this game)
Maybe as a boss or Easter Egg because if is a playable character we will have like... 7 Official Characters!
__________________
-"No... NO! You don't understand! You can't CHANGE the way I feel!"

+" That's Right! Only YOU can!"
Axolex53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #6710
tropluckyfr
 
tropluckyfr's Avatar
Default

ye 7 character for more originality lol
__________________
troplucky:*gets deleted from gamebanana*
dr.enzo.ivo:welp guess ill update him and release him again
also dr.enzo.ivo:welp my bro temmie609 will never let me on the computer
temmie609:LMAO FUCK YOU UWUUUUUUUUUUUU
tropluckyfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #6711
CST1229
 
CST1229's Avatar
Default

An option for OpenGL that emulates SRB2's 256 color palette (read: converts the screen to the current palette after rendering it).
__________________
FAIL
How did Legacy Brak stop me and impossibly damage me? He must be hacking.
(Map) <Retry] /Menu\ |MORE CST|
(mod not mine)
CST1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #6712
Morphized
 
Morphized's Avatar
Default

Honestly, a new spring type which simply sets your momentum to all of your previous momentum but in a different direction would be really helpful for certain level-design elements (read: THZ1's spring hill, making it seem less scripted), and I think it would be a really nice thing to add to the game. It doesn't even need to be used in vanilla levels; the modding potential alone would justify its inclusion.
Morphized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #6713
CST1229
 
CST1229's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphized View Post
Honestly, a new spring type which simply sets your momentum to all of your previous momentum but in a different direction would be really helpful for certain level-design elements (read: THZ1's spring hill, making it seem less scripted), and I think it would be a really nice thing to add to the game. It doesn't even need to be used in vanilla levels; the modding potential alone would justify its inclusion.
It could be done as a horizontal/diagonal variation of the momentum-based bouncing spring that was mentioned earlier.
__________________
FAIL
How did Legacy Brak stop me and impossibly damage me? He must be hacking.
(Map) <Retry] /Menu\ |MORE CST|
(mod not mine)
CST1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #6714
NightWind
 
NightWind's Avatar
Default Sendcolor being part of the game

I think Kaysakado's Sendcolor addon would be a great addition for the game. Allowing people to use their own/favorite skincolor whenever they go would be a really cool feature for the game.
NightWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #6715
PencilVoid
Circuit Enthusiast
 
PencilVoid's Avatar
Default

Index 252 of 2.2's palette is currently occupied by an extremely light pink that's almost identical to indices 0 or 1. I suggest replacing it with a lighter peridot, which would be more useful, alongside making indices 188-191 slightly greener. Refer to the colours in the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suggestion.png
Views:	38
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	42558  
__________________
https://pencilvoid.neocities.org/


May I interest you in the Church of Audie?
PencilVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #6716
time gear
 
time gear's Avatar
Default

Something I think would be cool for GFZ1 is if it was colored/lit more like a morning level. After sunrise but earlier than midday. Maybe some slight cyan tints added to the level, etc. Something kinda like a spring time lighting. This would help it look more visually distinct from GFZ2, which could have more of a midday summer time aesthetic going on.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #6717
Basic Bronze Sonic
no more basic now only meme
 
Basic Bronze Sonic's Avatar
Default

I've never made a post here so sorry if this is asking for too much.

First off I've seen a lot of posts here saying that bean the dynamite duck should be in srb2 but I don't think he would fit in enough because I can't think up of a zone that will give you him and unless he's unlockable via an extra level just like Amy then he can't be just thrown into srb2 (but he has quite a lot of mod potential an all so get to work mod makers).

Second off I would like the ability to re watch online games just like in srb2k where you have all that rewind and fast forward options and you can get camra angles not usually possible so it can be easier making videos on srb2 and you can re experience all your favorite/not so favorite moments again.

Last but not least I think we need a third act for egg rock zone because there's lots of potential there for it being the second final zone and it would be pretty fun getting to fight eggman right before he goes all out against you and this is optional but I would like to have a zone dedicated to the rocket ship you go into in red valcanoe that sends you to egg rock zone and how I imagine it is it would primarily be a Knuckles level because it would be a close quarters zone with range attack enemies which would also make it really fun to play as fang in that zone because fang also works in close quarters so I think it would be a pretty good new zone that would be able to be put into single player mode but that's optional so I would be fine with it not happening because it's such a difficult thing to make if it's close quarters and still needs to be fun for all characters.

Welp that's all my requests so thanks for reading and ESPECIALLY thanks if you actually go through with at least one of these requests.
Basic Bronze Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Hours Ago   #6718
The Real Inferno
Blazing Fan
 
The Real Inferno's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Bronze Sonic View Post
this is optional but I would like to have a zone dedicated to the rocket ship you go into in red valcanoe that sends you to egg rock zone and how I imagine it is it would primarily be a Knuckles level because it would be a close quarters zone with range attack enemies which would also make it really fun to play as fang in that zone because fang also works in close quarters so I think it would be a pretty good new zone that would be able to be put into single player mode but that's optional so I would be fine with it not happening because it's such a difficult thing to make if it's close quarters and still needs to be fun for all characters.

Welp that's all my requests so thanks for reading and ESPECIALLY thanks if you actually go through with at least one of these requests.
You are aware that RVZ wasn't planned to and isn't planned to go to Egg Rock, right? The rocket ship is a placeholder for 2 whole zones, Dark City Zone and Grand Eggship Zone.
The Real Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Hours Ago   #6719
Basic Bronze Sonic
no more basic now only meme
 
Basic Bronze Sonic's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
You are aware that RVZ wasn't planned to and isn't planned to go to Egg Rock, right? The rocket ship is a placeholder for 2 whole zones, Dark City Zone and Grand Eggship Zone.
Oh... Alright then I'm sorry for not knowing about that but thanks for telling me about it, so I guess my request for a eggman ship like zone has kinda already been fur filled looking at the name Grand eggship zone so I guess there's no point of asking for a egg ship zone.
Basic Bronze Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Hours Ago   #6720
Abcormal
Default

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but maybe in a future revision, we could add sprites for characters (that need to breathe air, of course) that show them puffing their cheeks out when underwater? Sonic 1 almost had that, as seen in the image below.

Abcormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some suggestions..... Konata123 SRB2 Discussion 3 03-30-2011 03:01 AM
I want some suggestions/reviews, please. Shadow Hog Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 22 10-31-2006 01:45 AM
Question about a few 1.1 suggestions SSNTails Help 11 01-07-2006 04:27 AM
My suggestions RenegadeC Help 41 10-18-2005 09:51 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.