Flame Thrower! (flamethrower.wad) Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got bored a while back and made a flame thrower, I planned to add it to my old weapon soc, but obviously decided not to. It replaces the automatic ring.

Screen shot:
srb20162bv4.png

->Download<-

I tried and failed. I'm still working on it though. EDIT: I need it anyway for my spyro wad, so yes I am working on it :P.

Well try it again but instaed of useing the defalt flame use an edited version.

sonicfreak94 said:
That would work well, but, I would need a back frame, rather than a side.

I'm not saying that you use that particular set of sprites, though, it would look pretty cool if you spited the rest of the rotation sprites. But anyway, those aren't mine anyway. I found them on a custom sprite sheet on Google.

Give the flame object MF_MISSILE and MF_NOBLOCKMAP, that'll make it not hurt the player who spawned it. Allowing you to ditch the weird shield thing. Afterwords, fiddle with the speed variable to make it actually act like a projectile...

Well, you don't HAVE to, but it'd make it a bit nicer.

Yeah, or you could just give automatic rings flame proporties. Then do what Draykon said by making the player who shoot the auto immune to their own autorings/flames.

Draykon said:
Give the flame object MF_MISSILE and MF_NOBLOCKMAP, that'll make it not hurt the player who spawned it. Allowing you to ditch the weird shield thing. Afterwords, fiddle with the speed variable to make it actually act like a projectile...

Well, you don't HAVE to, but it'd make it a bit nicer.

I'll have to try that out, thanks.

Chaos said:
But like, you get a flame sheild when you use this, so you can't really hurt each other.

No see, the flame is a missile and a flame "thing" at the same time. If not up close to a character that doesn't have a shield, they simply get burned. But if they do have a shield, then you have to get closer, as if the heat were to grow higher.

zck2020 said:
Yeah, or you could just give automatic rings flame proporties. Then do what Draykon said by making the player who shoot the auto immune to their own autorings/flames.

I did this in beta testing! I couldn't get it to work right, and it was just an auto ring that looked like flames. It was pretty cool, but not the effect I was looking for. What I tried to go for was the flame moving upward, like it would if you've seen a flame thrower on TV or something.

Well...you could always jerry-rig it by giving auto-rings flames proporties an such, then you could replace all the auto-ring sprites woth flame sprites.

Again, I am still currently working on it. I've been trying to get the spray effect, but so far nothing has worked out right. I'll figure it out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back