Flame Thrower! (flamethrower.wad) Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about something like this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/p6dyd3

srb20057ez1.png

zck2020 said:
How about something like this:
srb20057ez1.png

Absolutely wonderful...

edit: Did you make the flames?

2nd edit: Both of these wads are good actually but don't you need the open auto.dta to replace all the sprites?

Still the flame doesn't disappear, it keeps going like a missile, but I'll get something working within the next few days.

SuperSonic64 said:
2nd edit: Both of these wads are good actually but don't you need the open auto.dta to replace all the sprites?

Thats what SOCcing is for! ^_~

You'll wanna give the missiles their own states, not sure if you're doing that right now. Each state, call A_MoveRelative to increase it's speed by one tic, and set the speed of the projectile itself relatively low. That'll give you the acceleration of a flamethrower. You'll want more states than you actually need for the animation, all depending on how long you want the fire to go before it vanishes. In the last frame, rather than looping back to the first, set the "next" value to 314.

That should give you a peachy flamethrower effect.

sonicfreak94 said:
Still the flame doesn't disappear, it keeps going like a missile, but I'll get something working within the next few days.

Why would you want it to stop moving?

EDIT: Oh, well. It is your soc. Though, if you want to use my flame sprites, I'm ok with it.

zck2020 said:
sonicfreak94 said:

Why would you want it to stop moving?

EDIT: Oh, well. It is your soc. Though, if you want to use my flame sprites, I'm ok with it.
To act like a real flamethrower, I guess.

True. What would be really cool is that whatever the flamethrower 'shot' would catch on fire for a short time. Kinda like the firetrail.

Heres what I got so far:
srb20161fd1.png

Trail too long you think?

The screen shot was taken in window mode, so it might not be very good quality, but it's better ingame.

EDIT: Also with this version, if you point up or down, he flame thrower stays horizontal.

sonicfreak94 said:
Double post and progress update:

<image>

Made the fire transparent so you can see who you're burning.

But was the OGL glow necessary?

It burns. D;

edit: Looks nice! Now to add bowser.wad and use it *shot*

Epic! This is very good! It'd even be cooler though, if you made it set things/players on fire for a short peiod of time. :D

Lolz not possible without EXE mod.

EDIT: Wait no, it might be possible. I'll have to look in on how this SOC works, and it just might be possible.

EDIT2: OK, when this hits a wall, it makes a sparkle. Chaneg the sparkle to a flame, and make it A_CapeChase the nearest player.

zck2020 said:
Epic! This is very good! It'd even be cooler though, if you made it set things/players on fire for a short peiod of time. :D

This is possible, and a very good idea! I'll get right on it.

^_^ I was thinkin' it'd be sorta like a modifyed fire trail. But instaed of the trail coming out of spindashing, it would spawn on whatever the flames hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back