SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Kart Miscellaneous

SRB2Kart, now with Wii controls! Details »»
SRB2Kart, now with Wii controls!
Developer Last Online: Jun 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating:
Released: 06-07-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 1
Scripts Additional Software

Are you tired of using your keyboard to play SRB2 Kart?
Well this is the pack for you!

You don't apply it to the game's files, but instead use an external program that lets you use a Wii controller (Or PS3 Sixaxis) as your keyboard and mouse!

I have made files that can be inserted into the program using one of the two downloads below.

A video I made describing the tilt controls mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47r3DukXL4U

Note: You will need Dolphin Wii Emulator (Version 5.0+) to set up your Wii controller as well as a Bluetooth function on your computer.

Dolphin: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

(There are 2 downloads incase you already have GlovePIE installed.)

SRB2K Wii:
SRB2 Kart Wii.zip

SRB2K Wii (With GlovePIE bundled)
SRB2Kart Wii (With GlovePIE).zip

Hope you have fun with these controls!

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 06-20-2020   #2
MellowJacket
The unreliable judge
Judge

Doing this is a little unprecedented, but we actually have nobody on the judge team who can test this. So I'm happy to just pass this and trust it to work properly!

If it turns out this doesn't work and somebody else has trouble with this file, then PM me about it. But for now the best we can do is just use a little trust, which is much better than letting this languish in submissions.
Old 06-20-2020   #3
Jonster
[Insert meme here]

[Insert funny "wii do thing" joke here]

All jokes aside, this is quite impressive! I always like to see these mod creation/software things in this page of releases.
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263(also I have a server https://discord.gg/gGxQR7))
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020   #4
Professor Eevee

But now comes the real test does it work with other motion controllers like a joycon or switch procontroller and many more.
Professor Eevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020   #5
[4DR] CosmicTailz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Eevee View Post
But now comes the real test does it work with other motion controllers like a joycon or switch procontroller and many more.
Sadly, the program I used to add Wii remote functionality only works with Wii controllers and the PlayStation 3 Sixaxis controller.
Hopefully in a future update they will add compatibility for the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers and/or the WiiU's gamepad.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowJacket View Post
Doing this is a little unprecedented, but we actually have nobody on the judge team who can test this. So I'm happy to just pass this and trust it to work properly!

If it turns out this doesn't work and somebody else has trouble with this file, then PM me about it. But for now the best we can do is just use a little trust, which is much better than letting this languish in submissions.
I'm pretty sure it shouldn't malfunction. I've gone through multiple tests to make sure that it functions as intended, and most of them worked, except for playing online in SRB2K, which may slow down input registration on slower devices, but overall it shouldn't be a problem apart from a bluescreen or two if too many programs are running in the background.