How to download SRB2 Destructive Illusion

sanick#9710

So I went to the download page for SRB2 Destructive Illusion and when I went there I saw the message:

sanick#9710, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Why is this happening?

I heard bad thing about this mod.

I've watched a video on it...

I am sorry but it looks like a big fan-fic.

From what I know I think there were bugs on the mod and the creator didn't fix them so it was removed

I heard bad thing about this mod.

I've watched a video on it...

I am sorry but it looks like a big fan-fic.

Kinda, it has some good concepts though. And mechanically it was pretty well executed. I didn’t find any bugs with it, but if it was removed for that reason, then I guess it’s fine. Hopefully the creator does fix them, as I had fun at least with the first few levels.

Destructive Illusion is a source mod that doesn't have its own MODID, so it can be joined from a vanilla build of the game if it hosts a netgame, and that would be quite problematic. It hasn't been updated in that regard, so it's been sitting in Rejected Submissions since until the author decides to.

The reason DI was removed was because the custom EXE didn't include a check to stop it from connecting to vanilla games... Or something along those lines.

Nothing too horrible happened, lol. Manimi never bothered to fix it and it was thusly removed from Releases.

But here's a download link if you really want it.
Moderator Notice:
snip

This folder includes the files to DI, it also includes a 2.2.1 installer, and a 2.2.4 patch. DI does not work in any other version than 2.2.4, so you'll have to make a new directory with the 2.2.1 installer, and then patch it to 2.2.4 before adding the DI files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of source mods with no MODIDs...

Destructive Illusion is a source mod that doesn't have its own MODID, so it can be joined from a vanilla build of the game if it hosts a netgame, and that would be quite problematic. It hasn't been updated in that regard, so it's been sitting in Rejected Submissions since until the author decides to.
The same thing happened with SMSunleashed 1.09.4 (at least, probably happened, i knew that from watching GoldenShine's SMS history video), which also forced the devs to ban the WAD entirely.

The reason DI was removed was because the custom EXE didn't include a check to stop it from connecting to vanilla games... Or something along those lines.

Nothing too horrible happened, lol. Manimi never bothered to fix it and it was thusly removed from Releases.

But here's a download link if you really want it.
Moderator Notice:
snip

This folder includes the files to DI, it also includes a 2.2.1 installer, and a 2.2.4 patch. DI does not work in any other version than 2.2.4, so you'll have to make a new directory with the 2.2.1 installer, and then patch it to 2.2.4 before adding the DI files.

The di_skins.lua file is missing. I can't run the game without it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post offsite links to others' mods without their permission. I understand that Destructive Illusion was popular, but the authority to distribute it does not belong to anyone but the author, who has not chosen to update the mod to meet submission guidelines.

Please do not post offsite links to others' mods without their permission. I understand that Destructive Illusion was popular, but the authority to distribute it does not belong to anyone but the author, who has not chosen to update the mod to meet submission guidelines.

Really? Dangit. I was interested in playing the game.

Edit: Hold on. What submission guideline did the mod not meet? Was it that he did not share the modified source code along with the mod?

Last edited:
the moderators just snipped the lin-
wait.....
i just realised....

I HAVE THE MOD ON USB!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!

and its corrupted...

Last edited:
Edit: Hold on. What submission guideline did the mod not meet? Was it that he did not share the modified source code along with the mod?
As said before, it was due to DI not having a modid, so SRB2 Vanilla and DI can crossplay with eachother, which leads to issues.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back