• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2FFH: Go here to find and upload WADs!

Should Password Protection be Enabled?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed hopefully. I guess I ran the upgrade script with password protection on at the wrong time. However, there's now an ugly error on the file list. I'm gonna try and fix this and hope I don't screw up the uploading scripts.

* JJ is an idiot

EDIT: Fixed. Everything runs fine now. However, I'm not touching password protection again for a while.

Funnily enough, rerunning the upgrade script only made MOST of the files unpassword protected. O_o

Well I reran it AGAIN and went through EVERY single file (And trust me, shifting through 100+ files isn't pleasent), and made sure none of them were password protected.

Password protection should work now but question is...do you people want it? I'd like an opinion on this before I start turning it on again. I thought descriptions were good and categories were novel but password protection can screw things up. (Like it did now) It shouldn't effect old files anymore (So as long as I don't run that upgrade script again) but I want to know if it's worth it.

If you intend on shutting out all the other places then yes, it should have the password protection, if not then it's not really needed.

Update. Wish I could tear down that poll. Guess that's what I get for not setting a time limit on it. The first post has details. Once another update comes along, I'm gonna redesign the first post with a short description and news.

Isn't there a way to make SRB2 flatfilehost apear on google or something? I only find posts of it on this forum when I search for it on google.

There are still tons of password protected stuff, like Mikel's Riku wad and that psychic Silver wad someone made, both of which I want to download, but can't. D:

Hah, I checked through ALL the files and it would seem there are still ones that are password protected. Software ain't as reliable as I thought...

What's with SRB2FFH? when I try to upload a wad I get "That file type is not allowed to be uploaded."

JJames19119 said:
Hah, I checked through ALL the files and it would seem there are still ones that are password protected. Software ain't as reliable as I thought...

Any way to fix it? :/

glaber said:
What's with SRB2FFH? when I try to upload a wad I get "That file type is not allowed to be uploaded."

Works for me. You sure you're uploading a wad file?

DarkKitsune said:
Any way to fix it? :/

Sadly, no. Only way to fix it is through deleting any that has a password on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back