Morph's Levelpack [scr_MLP05.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unskilled people can't beat Mystic Realm, either.

Yet it's a popular level pack.

Not everything should be unskilled-people friendly.

And before you ask, I consider myself extremely lacking in skill in this game.

This was really the best level pack I've seen since Mystic Realm.
I liked the socced (or modded/wadded, whatever you did) bosses becuase they challenged you. Nice level design- not too crowded and not too many enemies (just enough to make you fight them). Nice flow in the story too, if I might say so myself.

I was able to beat it with a save file that I loaded about 5 times. Loved it. *****

[offtopic] Dark Warrior is back![/offtopic]

Dark Warrior said:
Unskilled people can't beat Mystic Realm, either.
SPZ3 sux.

Although that's not to say that difficulty is bad. Large jumps don't suck; GFZ1 has one for Sonic's emblem. What DOES make a huge jump suck is death pit under it. Honestly. Putting deathpit under a few platforms means you're pretty much expecting someone to fall in.

BlueZero4 said:
SPZ3 sux.
Although that's not to say that difficulty is bad. Large jumps don't suck; GFZ1 has one for Sonic's emblem. What DOES make a huge jump suck is death pit under it. Honestly. Putting deathpit under a few platforms means you're pretty much expecting someone to fall in.

You mean Starlight Palace Zone, right? Yeah, the jump - over - the - deathpit - and - between - the - poles - part got me... a lot...

-------- UPDATE: --------
( thx captain capslock xD )
-------- version 05 --------

I worked a little more on this pack and
1.) implemented a special secret,
2.) changed some areas of the maps,
3.) increased the shooting cooldown of the bosses.

I don't want to reveal the secret directly BUT I'll give you some hints:
It has something to do with levelselect, Supersonic and Mole's Domain Act 2. It is worth searching!

:>

As for the levels... you might think I didn't change anything at all but there are many small and some bigger changes that improve the flow and make some sucky parts less sucky. ;)
Here only a few examples:
- Easy mode does now more than removing a few enemies. Some linedeff execs are changed or disabled, too. So if you always thought this pack was too hard you might check easy mode out.
- Mole's Domain Act 1 is now 10% bigger than before.
- Mole's Domain Act 2's puzzle is now more self-explanatory.
- Robodome's Boss triggers the switch directly by dieing.
- Star Trouble Zone has some Starposts.
- and so on... and so on...

DOWNLOAD LINK IN THE FIRST POST!!!
( thx again captain capslock :D )

DON'T SPOIL THE FUN !!!11eleven

srsly :'-(

Edit: I forgot to mention that the secret is screwed in OGL. So use software if you want to enjoy it... It works in OGL, too, but it looks horrible. °__°

Awesomeness. I was just playing this yesterday, and whaddya know?

I'll let you know what I think later.

The secret was too easy to find xP
Pretty neat secret... but it was the most "WTF?!?!?" boss I ever met.
Cool, you added cutscenes =D

While trying to unzip it I got an error. scr_MLP05.wad file has been corrupted. It seems that an internet sever corrupted the file.

Kaysakado said:
It's larger than 10 MB. =/
Well... zipped we have ca. 6 MB... ;-P

Anyway, are there more people having problems with downloading?
I wonder why nobody answers... Is nobody else able to find the secret? Should I give you EVEN MORE hints?

O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back