If you could add one new feature to srb2, no questions asked, what would it be?

Some physics changes, like what reveries does with slope launches, but also allow rolling up walls to make half-pipe type ramps work better, like maybe have the player stick to the wall and force upwards movement that decelerates starting from the vertical momentum just previous, and decrease it over time, faking rolling up a wall, possibly using knuckles climbing in some way. Of course, it would only happen when rolling, and straight up a wall, and detach when below a certain speed...

Changing the way that addons work. I feel like the game should be restructured to make addons be more integral. For example, every mode creates a new data file/set of data files, and you can make as many new ones as you like, each one with its own set of mods loaded. For example, Record Attack would have you select a data file which corresponds to a set of mods used, and for the main campaign addons would be applied per savegame. With No Save, you select whichever mods to use from the save-select each time you start the game. This would help to make it possible for addons to be loaded and still allow you to save.

Also, modpack support would be nice.

*ahem* Knuckles can turn super in this game.
The post you're replying to was made before the update to 2.2 (2.2.5 specifically) that allowed Knuckles to go super. (EDIT: oops that was wrong, sorry) From what I know, the plan is to give the other playable characters super forms in the next major update.

That said, by now most everyone in the SRB2 community agrees that the longtime insistence that only Sonic should go super was completely ridiculous, and long overdue for a turnover.

Last edited:
Well if I could add one thing into srb2 then I would add those cool mini games from Sonic 3 and Knuckles where if you have a surtant amount of rings and you reach a sign post then when you activate it some stars will spin above the star post and if you jump into those stars you will be sent into some bonus mini game, I won't talk about what mini games I would want to be in srb2 because the question only asks for one thing but some others here might be able to expand on this idea.

BEAN the dynamite becus the character itself is original wich means hell be easy to make him an original way without changing the level design too much(like giving him the ability to throw bombs and give him a double jump)

Super Tails.

That's it, only that, super tails.
I mean... i want that because:

· Sonic 3 and Sonic Mania.

in those two games tails and knuckles turns super.
and in SRB2 super knuckles existed since 2.2.5, so... will tails too in a newer update? like 2.2.9?

I'm gonna do something far out there that won't just be in 2.3:
Reimagined versions of Mine Maze (now placed between Deep Sea and Castle Eggman), and Rocky Mountain (now placed between Castle Eggman and Arid Canyon), reimagined in such ways to prevent sharing too much with Arid Canyon whilst still being the same zones at heart (which may be impossible).

However, I'm not really expecting this to ever happen, lol.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back