SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 03-25-2020   #61
Marcos
I am me

Ok, I think I know where I'm going with my level, but I feel like there's a lack of something (which isn't color).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20026.gif
Views:	1009
Size:	380.3 KB
ID:	28712  
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020   #62
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Mystic Castle Rebirth is done and is now submitted.
Old 03-30-2020   #63
Raze C
Too much free time.

I figured out I should probably post my progress here too.
So, it's been a while since I gave up on Tempest Shrine due to the lack of ideas and I begun working on another idea: Void Vortex.
It was just a texture test at first, but I'm planning to turn it into a full level for ULDC.
Spoiler: Screenshots and GIFs

Hopefully I'll be able to get this one done in time.
Also, I suddenly got sick, so I'm taking a little break. I hope it has nothing to do with the pandemic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20473.gif
Views:	36
Size:	329.1 KB
ID:	28979   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20474.gif
Views:	37
Size:	568.5 KB
ID:	28980   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20355.png
Views:	33
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	28981  
Old 04-20-2020   #64
MellowJacket
The unreliable judge
Judge

Over the past two months it has become abundantly clear on my end that I am incapable of running this.

I've struggled with anxiety about the community since starting this thread, to the point of it clearly being unhealthy and so I'm going to step back for a while as a result.

Even if that wasn't the case, I currently feel like I lack the technical knowledge to run something like this anyway. If anybody else wants to pick this up from me they are welcome to do so, but I also currently feel that this entire ULDC was poorly thought out on my part and these levels would be better served just being submitted through releases as is intended.

I am deeply sorry for anyone who may have wasted their time with this project. I'm sure your levels will be appreciated through other means though.
Old 04-20-2020   #65
So2ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whackjood View Post
Over the past two months it has become abundantly clear on my end that I am incapable of running this.

I've struggled with anxiety about the community since starting this thread, to the point of it clearly being unhealthy and so I'm going to step back for a while as a result.

Even if that wasn't the case, I currently feel like I lack the technical knowledge to run something like this anyway. If anybody else wants to pick this up from me they are welcome to do so, but I also currently feel that this entire ULDC was poorly thought out on my part and these levels would be better served just being submitted through releases as is intended.

I am deeply sorry for anyone who may have wasted their time with this project. I'm sure your levels will be appreciated through other means though.
Its alright whack, if you feel like its too much we understand it.
So2ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020   #66
Tidbit
An artist of sorts

Quote:

No worries bud, personal healthy always comes first. You inspired a lot of people to get together and make something neat so nothing has been wasted. Don't beat yourself up, ok?
Tidbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020   #67
MK.exe
The one and only!

Agreed with Tidbit, personal health is much more important, im sure everyone who participated understands.
Old 04-20-2020   #68
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

So the Colab is effectively canceled? Ok then.

If anyone does pick this up after Mystic Castle Rebirth is released (will be part of Dimension Glaber) You have my permission to include the submitted version.
Old 04-20-2020   #69
Ace Dragon

I hope everyone decides to not see their time as wasted and release their maps anyway (when they are done of course).

There were a few in this thread that were looking pretty nice, a map that works and plays well shouldn't become junk just because the event it was for got canceled (as the goal was mainly a collection of levels, not a story-based campaign).

Last edited by Ace Dragon; 04-20-2020 at 11:39 AM.
Ace Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020   #70
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox

Quote:
If anybody else wants to pick this up from me they are welcome to do so, but I also currently feel that this entire ULDC was poorly thought out on my part and these levels would be better served just being submitted through releases as is intended.
I'm not entirely sure why you think releasing the levels individually instead of as a pack might be better. But if people want a pack, I have experience running the OLDC, so I could at least put together the level packs as long as there aren't too many conflicting scripts. A single-player pack might be harder, due to the fact that people tend to use more custom content in those, but at the very least I could zip up the maps and release them together just like we used to do with the OLDC.
FuriousFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020   #71
So2ro

In the hypothetical situation of someone taking over, would it be better for us to resend our maps or for whack to send the ones he originally got?
Bcause i ended up updating mine
So2ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020   #72
DylanDude
Overeager Raposa

I hope someone does take over, but in either case it's better for you to take care of yourself first. Nobody should have that kind of stress placed on them because they wanted to host something fun.

(Discord tag: DylanDude#1286)
DylanDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020   #73
Lach
nanananananananananananan a

It's been a little over a week since Whackjood stepped back from this. I messaged him yesterday and it seems no one's taken it over, and some of the levels that were planned to be submissions have been released as standalones instead. Is there still interest in having some sort of compilation put together? I think you should all go and release your levels, but I know taking part in a bigger project was/is a very big and valid motivational reason to push a level to completion, and I would hate to see someone give up on their level because of the cancellation. Whackjood has given me the OK to do this; I'd be more than happy to receive the submissions and create a small hub level for them to be conveniently enjoyed. If you have a submission finished or in the works and that's something you would want, make a post here, and if there's enough interest I'll open up a two-week extension for submissions.
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020   #74
Solid SOAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectorious View Post
Guess I'm getting somewhere I suppose...

So, even with the halting of the ULDC, did anything come of this stage? It looks absolutely gorgeous and I would love to play the final product.
Solid SOAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020   #75
Spectorious
Certified synth whore

@Solid Soap: Progress is still going well. I've still a got a decent amount of stuff left to do before any form of release. However if the stars align by some miracle, hopefully I'll be able meet the deadline.

So fingers crossed! :p
Old 04-30-2020   #76
Solid SOAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectorious View Post
@Solid Soap: Progress is still going well. I've still a got a decent amount of stuff left to do before any form of release. However if the stars align by some miracle, hopefully I'll be able meet the deadline.

So fingers crossed! :p
Cool, take your time :) it looks like an awesome level!

Just as an aside, I've been loving seeing many levels directly inspired by stages from 2D Sonic games, if not outright using assets from those games. It's cool to see those stages come to life in 3D, and I bet from a level designer perspective it serves as inspiration for what to actually do with said level design. I'm eagerly awaiting the final version of this stage.

Last edited by Solid SOAP; 04-30-2020 at 02:36 AM.
Solid SOAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020   #77
DylanDude
Overeager Raposa

I'm absolutely still interested, although I was targeting the ULDCs to be perhaps hosted in the later parts of the year. I still have stuff ready now to submit if someone takes over. Heck, with the extra two weeks I could probably finish the level I intended to submit later in the year, or at least the first act.

(Discord tag: DylanDude#1286)
DylanDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020   #78
GomaTheMascar

Im still totally interested, even if im not sure if I can finish my submission in time. The two-week extension can definitely help...
GomaTheMascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020   #79
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

My stage is done, and I need to know if the thing is going to happen or not. if not, I'm releasing Mystic Castle on its own.
Old 04-30-2020   #80
MK.exe
The one and only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanDude View Post
I'm absolutely still interested, although I was targeting the ULDCs to be perhaps hosted in the later parts of the year. I still have stuff ready now to submit if someone takes over. Heck, with the extra two weeks I could probably finish the level I intended to submit later in the year, or at least the first act.
I agree. I would definitely like to participate again if it was later down the year.