• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

!!!'s World of Chaos

So far, how do you like !!!'s World of Chaos??? (Poll will last for 14 days. Vote quickly!)

• It's great!!! I can't wait for the final release!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's fine. You still need to work on things to make it better.

• It's horrible. You are not a good 3D level designer.

• It doesn't really matter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But...

Thanks for the screenshot posting link, but for the download link, is there a different upload site that could upload your files that are more than 8mb?

Time lost...

Sorry. This is taking longer than I thought. I had lots of things to do today; there was not much time to finish the level. Could you please give me more time?

No screenshots; not much wide open space in level.

The Gate Act 1 is Done!

Wow! The Gate Act 1 is finally finished! I just got to fix some stuff and then I'll release the first demo so you could give me some feedback.

Graduation is TODAY!!!!!!!!!! GOOD BYE MIDDLE SCHOOL!!! SAY HELLO TO SUMMER VACATION AND HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. The first level is not yet officially done until you guys give me some things for me to change and/or fix. The game so far (1 level completed) is about 65mb. The size is so huge because of all the music that was put in to it (extra ones). You will/should see a difference in the title screen music and some of the levels (not yet but just one). Could you give me a site so I could upload this file and so you could download it and look at it?

Holy crap, 65MB? Remove all the custom music except for the first level's, then upload to flatFileHost. I mean come on, you can add it when your done with it.

?

Ok. I deleted all of those extra ogg music files from the wad. Now I'll try to upload it!

later............

I don't understand. On flatFileHost, I browsed a file for me to upload and then I clicked on upload. This is what it said after I waited for a while:

Warning: md5_file(): Unable to open file in /home/content/s/u/p/superhedgiefox/html/srpgp/ffh/upload.php on line 16
You didn't pick a file to upload

What should I do?

Warning: md5_file(): Unable to open file in /home/content/s/u/p/superhedgiefox/html/srpgp/ffh/upload.php on line 16
You didn't pick a file to upload
It helps to read error messages, you know.

The other levels...

Reply to GCFreak...

Thanks! Ok. The level will stay exactly the same, except for the removal of some of the enemies. Thanks for the tips! Those tips would bring out the other levels to be better than the first one.
The first level should have lots of switches because it's called "The Gate." It is known as the entrance to !!!'s World of Chaos. (!!! has lots of worlds; this is the beginning) There is a really high security system (the enemies). The reason they're like that because Eggman (again) took over this place. (He wants to take over the world for power, right? So that means if he wants more power, he would take over the other worlds as well.)

The Gate: Act 2 is in the making right now. Next release after the make of Zone 2: City Forest Zone Act 1.

GCFreak, I must say, you have horrible tastes in levels.

!!!, the level is FAR too cramped, and is almost maze-like. There are no alternate paths, there's nowhere in the level where you can actually get going fast, and there are no places where any of the characters' abilities are useful. You seem to have learned the technical aspect of level making (Using linedef specials, adding a thok barrier, using texture offsets, etc.), but the design of the level is just bad.

Sonic levels are meant to be open, allow for a little exploration, have secrets and multiple paths, and be easy to find your way through (That is, you don't ever have to stop and search around for the correct way to go). Just look at the levels from official Sonic games, or some of the levels in SRB2 or the level packs for it. Those will show you how to make a good level.

Just played it over again, and I'm gonna be brutally honest, now.

For a first level ever, it's OK, but there are many things you need to improve on.

Textures Pick your textures wisely. You have too many rock formations in this level and the bustable walls have weird textures on them.

Buttons Please don't use too much of these. They are extremely frowned upon in levels and should NEVER be used too much. It's OK for about 2 or maybe 3 switches, but 10 or so is not.

Size The level design should never be too small for the camera to look in. Have large, open areas for sonic to run in, remember, this is not DOOM.

Things Scenery is a must for green levels, but enemies are not. Adding too many enemies is not very good, like I said, adding too much enemies will end up getting Sonic creamed.

Length Long hallways are not very good in maps. But still, make your levels long and full of secrets to find, don't end up like my CCZ :P.

And this is just the bare minimum of things. You've got the techy side of things like FF said, but you haven't got the design aspect mastered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back