• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Nights Wad, currently being made

Status
Not open for further replies.

light dasher

Cacee gaming
Ok, all my projects at the moment are currently on hold, that means (cream.wad,Emerl.wad,eggmannomech.wad etc.) are not being worked on at the moment, instead i'm working on a hand drawn nights wad, here are a few sprites, not all of em, but some
spritesau5.png

Nothx. Bring back t3h Cream.

Really though. These sprites need a lot of work (read: being remade). NiGHTS is supposed to be tall, and shaded.

Wow, that was quick, i said, currently being made, and if i make him any taller, his feet will sink into the ground completly

Another one word: no,
you should be happy that i'm making nights, i've seen in the past, people make nights out of the SRB2 Sonic Sprites, wich they only made the first front sprites, then gave up.

I'm ok with you making NiGHTS, but I want it to be done well.

That's the main reason I hate using Shadow. Because there aren't any, in my opinion, good ones. They're all overpowered and have something wrong with their sprites.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Jman working on a NiGHTS wad?

And finally. Offesets are easy, so quit complainin'.

I agree with I'll begin. If the public doesn't like it, they won't play it.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that it'd probably be better off not in the floor.

I'll Begin said:
And if you're too lazy to do that, then just add a big cyan block beneath his feet.

Or better yet, increase the player's height with a SOC, that'll not only push his sprites upward a bit, but make collision more logical. (Not to mention it's just a few clicks of a mouse to make an "increase collision" SOC)

There's three solutions to dig him outta the ground.

Use XWE. It has offsets so you can move him upward so that his feet don't go into the ground. Look at jmans shadow wad. Hes tall but he doesn't go into the ground.

Why don't you just bend her legs, so when she stands it will look like she'll be floating.

I've allways thought of NiGHTS as a he, even though I know he's neither. I would like a NiGHTS wad, for Sonic into dreams.

light dasher said:
Wow, that was quick, i said, currently being made, and if i make him any taller, his feet will sink into the ground completly

I've tried to make taller characters and they don't sink into the ground. You just need to set them in the right position.

Not to be a thief, but maybe I'll make a more SRb2 like NiGHts character... Except I'll be adding my own look to him ;)

The reason he's going into the ground is 'cause of OpenGL. The other characters do this too.

NiGHTS should never, ever, ever, be a character. NiGHTS should only replace the current Super Sonic Drone, and that's it. Also, SRB2's purple sucks enough so that NiGHTS isn't a worthwhile endeavor. Believe me, I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back