Fixed A wall with no texture

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven

Steven Duda
I was playing a netgame on RVZ and a notices the wall of mirrors effect at one part

srb20030.png

srb20031.png

srb20032.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks more to me like it's the result of a level malformation than a missing texture. Missing textures don't bleed into the ceiling like that.

Last edited:
It seems to only appear if you happen to be looking at that area while your standing there.

srb20011.png

Like if you stand here and face here, it appears...

srb20012l.png

But it doesn't appear if you look at it from here.

srb20014.png

I dunno if it's directly, but I am facing the wall that is suppose to be glitched.

Doombuilder also doesn't show anything wrong with the area, so it has to be one of those Rendering Glitches. (Dunno if I'm calling it right, it when some parts of the level glitch out when you look at it from a certain spot, also happens when the area is too big.)

Last edited:
Apart from mindlessly messing around with vertices until you find the one which is causing all the trouble. (I'm looking at you, Verdant Forest).

Oh, so that kind of hideous bleeding HOM is caused by vertex errors? I've been wondering about that!

It has to do with how linedefs are placed. If you fidget around with vertex placement, that changes the linedefs' shape and may consequently fix the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back