• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Halkel Character Wad in process...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Warrior said:
It's high time that the n00bs ACTUALLY think for themselves. By now it's clear that Sonic/Shadow clones are EXTREMELY frowned upon. I should not have to hold these people's hands through these processes. There's a difference between not knowing HOW to do something, and not thinking. I'm more than willing to help someone who really doesn't know how to do something, than someone who won't use his brain and do something creative. I wouldn't be complaining if this was made from scratch. But it isn't. It's entirely remade from something else. Only a very few characters can pull that off (Being Mighty and Shadow), and only then, if they're done right. This is not an exception.

I'm not saying you should hold their hands. But you don't have to try to discourage them from trying. You're starting to turn away people who are willing to learn. It's not that people actually try to be newbish. If you're new, you're new it can't be helped. If you can't say anything nice or at least tell them that they could be more original, then you really shouldn't say anything to them. It's hard to make a fan character not resemble a Sonic character when your fan character is BASED on the Sonic series.

Zeshiro said:
I'm not saying you should hold their hands. But you don't have to try to discourage them from trying. You're starting to turn away people who are willing to learn. It's not that people actually try to be newbish. If you're new, you're new it can't be helped. If you can't say anything nice or at least tell them that they could be more original, then you really shouldn't say anything to them. It's hard to make a fan character not resemble a Sonic character when your fan character is BASED on the Sonic series.

Ah, someone out there understands me...

Ok, it's time to be brutally honest.

Your wad sucks. It's nothing more than an edit of an exsisting wad, which, as we all know has been done 10+ times. You say it's not like Shadow, but it is. Just because you add crap to it, like clothes, and twirl around the god damn spines, doesn't make it new. That wad took no effort. I dare you, no, I defy you to make an original wad, that takes work and has original sprites.

Now to cover this whole Sonic and Shadow malarky.

Shadow is a Sonic clone. He's Sonic with mass appeal. You can whine, bitch, and moan all you want, but it won't change a thing. Play Sonic's adventure in SA2, then Shadow's. You can't say they aren't similar. Sonic Team figured Sonic was getting stale, so they "reworked" him, so to speak.

I'll use a Maddox-style policy and say that whoever thinks different than this is wrong.

Bigboi said:
Ok, it's time to be brutally honest.

Your wad sucks. It's nothing more than an edit of an exsisting wad, which, as we all know has been done 10+ times. You say it's not like Shadow, but it is. Just because you add crap to it, like clothes, and twirl around the god damn spines, doesn't make it new. That wad took no effort. I dare you, no, I defy you to make an original wad, that takes work and has original sprites.

Now to cover this whole Sonic and Shadow malarky.

Shadow is a Sonic clone. He's Sonic with mass appeal. You can whine, bitch, and moan all you want, but it won't change a thing. Play Sonic's adventure in SA2, then Shadow's. You can't say they aren't similar. Sonic Team figured Sonic was getting stale, so they "reworked" him, so to speak.

I'll use a Maddox-style policy and say that whoever thinks different than this is wrong.

Yes, Bigboi. The only original character is the one in your avatar, right?

Seriously, at least his character has some originality. For crying out loud, you can't even say anything about cheap edits because you didn't even bother drawing anything for your character. He's purely a recolor.

And again, there is no such thing as an original fan character! You can't make anything completley original as long as it's based on something else. That's just common sense! And in case you haven't noticed, not even Sonic team can do it.

I know, it's hypocritical. Drown me.

I used this for recognition. "HAY ITS THAT RED AND BLACK SONIC GUY"

Man, Can't anyone at least give me some respect, God Sake, I seem to make enemies wherever i go. I wish i died when i nearly had my neck broken :cry: I Drew my character since 1 1/4 years ago. No one thought it was a recolour. I made it from a base yes but please give me some sort of respect, I made Design Ideas on him, I was going to make him fox as it's my favourite animal, but it didn't turn out well, So i chose Hedgehog. I drew him, and he was too much like sonic, so i remade him a year later to this design. It removed sonic's personality a bit more, I tried my best and no one gives a ****ing **** about it. I Give Up.

EDIT:
Please...PLEASE. Draw it yourself. Don't edit the Sonic sprites...

It starts flame wars on this board and is EXTREMELY frowned upon. I just want you to know that before you start. Good Luck

I see whats going on... but i seen loads of sonic edited sprites (Super sonic, Nitemare, etc.) So I am learning to draw my own sprites so what if i made them from scratch, then will you leave me alone?

Halkel da Thunderhog said:
moron above said:
It's high time that the n00bs ACTUALLY think for themselves. By now it's clear that Sonic/Shadow clones are EXTREMELY frowned upon. I should not have to hold these people's hands through these processes. There's a difference between not knowing HOW to do something, and not thinking. I'm more than willing to help someone who really doesn't know how to do something, than someone who won't use his brain and do something creative. I wouldn't be complaining if this was made from scratch. But it isn't. It's entirely remade from something else. Only a very few characters can pull that off (Being Mighty and Shadow), and only then, if they're done right. This is not an exception.

Look who's talking, your the biggest i've seen, and n00b is not in my coolest fancharacter reward so you can quit the tough behaviour.

I'll give you a lesson on clones, Improvements and Species

Species: Type of animal (Sonic, Halkel and Shadow are Hedgehog)
Clones: A person with the same abilities, and personalities of the original (Shadow has 5 clones, one with yellow tinting, and four mecha ones.)
Improvements: A person with the same abilities but with something extra (Shadow has all of Sonic's skills but Shadow has some extras like Chaos Spear and Chaos Blast)

XD
Sorry, but that's the most innaccurate thing you've typed all day.

By "clone", I mean same basic gameplay. Shadow and..."Halkel" are both Sonic clones, by definition, play the exact same...Therefore, your argument is baseless. And as far as calling me a n00b...The statement speaks for itself. =P

Man, Can't anyone at least give me some respect, God Sake, I seem to make enemies wherever i go. I wish i died when i nearly had my neck broken :cry: I Drew my character since 1 1/4 years ago. No one thought it was a recolour. I made it from a base yes but please give me some sort of respect, I made Design Ideas on him, I was going to make him fox as it's my favourite animal, but it didn't turn out well, So i chose Hedgehog. I drew him, and he was too much like sonic, so i remade him a year later to this design. It removed sonic's personality a bit more, I tried my best and no one gives a ****ing **** about it. I Give Up.

EDIT:
Please...PLEASE. Draw it yourself. Don't edit the Sonic sprites...

It starts flame wars on this board and is EXTREMELY frowned upon. I just want you to know that before you start. Good Luck

I see whats going on... but i seen loads of sonic edited sprites (Super sonic, Nitemare, etc.) So I am learning to draw my own sprites so what if i made them from scratch, then will you leave me alone?

Bro...I was in your corner until your little crybaby fest right there. Please, stop whining. Just make your character, never mind Dark Warrior. He can keep up and argument longer than anyone, in fact, he'll win. Just ignore him and make your character.

Another thing, don't be a whiner. I'll defend you as long as you don't become a crybaby. I hate to say it but no one feels any sorrier for you because you almost broke your neck. And you'd better hope Mystic doesn't take your comment as a suicide threat. I'll defend you, but you have to have some kind of backbone and stand up for yourself without flaming or use of excesive CAPS. Please finish your character and never mind what was said. All I'm saying is, if you make it based on Sonic sprites, don't expect anyone to be nice to you.

Dark Warrior said:
moron above said:

Look who's talking, your the biggest i've seen, and n00b is not in my coolest fancharacter reward so you can quit the tough behaviour.

I'll give you a lesson on clones, Improvements and Species

Species: Type of animal (Sonic, Halkel and Shadow are Hedgehog)
Clones: A person with the same abilities, and personalities of the original (Shadow has 5 clones, one with yellow tinting, and four mecha ones.)
Improvements: A person with the same abilities but with something extra (Shadow has all of Sonic's skills but Shadow has some extras like Chaos Spear and Chaos Blast)

XD
Sorry, but that's the most innaccurate thing you've typed all day.

By "clone", I mean same basic gameplay. Shadow and..."Halkel" are both Sonic clones, by definition, play the exact same...Therefore, your argument is baseless. And as far as calling me a n00b...The statement speaks for itself. =P

Well I call it the same specie. I do stuff using scientific knowledge. So to me, Shadow is an Improvement of sonic, and Halkel is a Part-improvement of Shadow. now you see my point of view.

Well I call it the same specie. I do stuff using scientific knowledge. So to me, Shadow is an Improvement of sonic, and Halkel is a Part-improvement of Shadow. now you see my point of view.

If you're implying that your character is better than Sonic and Shadow...then you'll just prove him right. Just make the character and move on already.

Zeshiro said:
If you're implying that your character is better than Sonic and Shadow...then you'll just prove him right. Just make the character and move on already.

There no point, I'm making it for myself really(I was getting bored of the Shadow WAD and thought of add my fancharacter in with different abilities to sonic, tails and knux). Also i won't finish him because i can't make him have his main ability of hyperspeed which needs a code of some sort (if it ain't the Super sonic code that is), I think i migth try something more worth while like one of the babylon rouges from Riders. Now that is an idea worth taking my time on. I just hope i can make it before someone else does.

seriousbusiness.jpg

Also i won't finish him because i can't make him have his main ability of hyperspeed which needs a code of some sort (if it ain't the Super sonic code that is)

You totally proved every word I typed completely true.

Dark Warrior said:
Also i won't finish him because i can't make him have his main ability of hyperspeed which needs a code of some sort (if it ain't the Super sonic code that is)

You totally proved every word I typed completely true.

Dark Warrior...I suppose...as usual you win this one. You've proved that there is no reward in trying to defend people...I give up...

N00bs...stay the hell out of the forums...please...I can't defend you anymore...

Thanks for your surrport SMS. Right now i'm looking through the SRB2 Wad for the code to make Sonic Super with the chaos emeralds so i can reprogram it to work on Halkel with no emeralds or invincability but the speed stays and infinitive flight time until (like the supers) no more rings or hits an enemy.

Remember that I said, just don't strenghten up your character? Well, this is exacly what I mean. Do not give up on making your character, but don't set goals too high. Make a character, set the S_SKIN to your liking, and add special effects if you like doing that.

Once the char is done, release it public. THEN you can program it to be faster as Sonic, Jump higher, and being a crazy overpowerd character.

[quote="Super mystic sonic]Once the char is done, release it public. THEN you can program it to be faster as Sonic, Jump higher, and being a crazy overpowerd character.[/quote]

I might start again and actually Improve my custom skills, but for now, i might do level building, its alot more fun, and i'll need it a beta test level to test out abilities and sprites when I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back