Suggestions

Theoretically you could just use the things present in Kart itself for characters, that is to say, disable Sonic/Tails/Knux in Kart and only enable the versions that actually support it. It'd nullify the need to bleed the frame naming convention dry of the UNI alphabet.

Although people might would complain about the characters present in Kart not being playable in the regular modes, ultimately.

The problem with making Kart a vanilla gametype is that every future character release would then have to support an entirely new set of sprites for a gametype that may not even prove that popular. There's also an issue of both gametypes not really meshing well with the current selection of gametypes, by which I mean they necessitate drastic alterations to the general playstyle of the game in a way that none of the vanilla gametypes do.

A solution to this would be to make something similar to what the top hat does, add a sprite that resembles a kart and have it under the player, so it looks like the player is in the kart. This would also make the possibility of having custom karts.

A solution to this would be to make something similar to what the top hat does, add a sprite that resembles a kart and have it under the player, so it looks like the player is in the kart. This would also make the possibility of having custom karts.
OR, OR, hear me out, Just use the Kart stages for the race gametype

OR, OR, hear me out, Just use the Kart stages for the race gametype

Except we have a reason why race isn't as respected as Kart. As mentioned earlier, race was constantly won with Sonic due to his speed.

The kart sprite solution I presented is a perfect fix for this, because every character would already be compatible with kart, and one could make custom karts for different characters if made the proper changes. Its kinda like what I once did with my White Acropolis stage I made with that Skatebored thing. I simply put a Buggy md2 over it, and it looked as if Sonic/Shadow were driving the buggy.

...So they'd be standing like they usually do in the kart instead of sitting down with their hands on the wheel?

...So they'd be standing like they usually do in the kart instead of sitting down with their hands on the wheel?

It doesn't have to use the standing frame. It could be scripted to use different character frames for different kart situations. For example, when in kart and driving, the character could be in it's running frame (since 90% of the running frames of custom and official characters have their hands forward while running), so it will look like its holding the wheel. Or when falling the falling sprite could be projected at that situation.

It doesn't have to use the standing frame. It could be scripted to use different character frames for different kart situations. For example, when in kart and driving, the character could be in it's running frame (since 90% of the running frames of custom and official characters have their hands forward while running), so it will look like its holding the wheel. Or when falling the falling sprite could be projected at that situation.

...But then they would be running in place inside the kart with their hands above the wheel! It'd make even less sense!

The only way this Kart gamemode thing would work is if custom characters-in-a-kart sprites were added to the vanilla game, which I don't think is ever going to happen.

...But then they would be running in place inside the kart with their hands above the wheel! It'd make even less sense!

The only way this Kart gamemode thing would work is if custom characters-in-a-kart sprites were added to the vanilla game, which I don't think is ever going to happen.

The hands above the wheel? How on earth could you possibly know that, the idea wasn't even made yet :/. The thing about sprites, is that they can be positioned.

The hands above the wheel? How on earth could you possibly know that, the idea wasn't even made yet :/. The thing about sprites, is that they can be positioned.

I think what he's trying to say Doctor is that if you take the Hat wad and replace the hat with a kart and position it down to their feet, it would still look awkward since Sonic would still do all his animations like running, walking, dying, landing, all that but with the kart still "attached" to them.

I agree with Zarro's idea with having the vanilla cast have their own wads for karts instead of adding more sprites to their .dta file.
Theoretically you could just use the things present in Kart itself for characters, that is to say, disable Sonic/Tails/Knux in Kart and only enable the versions that actually support it. It'd nullify the need to bleed the frame naming convention dry of the UNI alphabet.

Although people might would complain about the characters present in Kart not being playable in the regular modes, ultimately.

Last edited:
I think what he's trying to say Doctor is that if you take the Hat wad and replace the hat with a kart and position it down to their feet, it would still look awkward since Sonic would still do all his animations like running, walking, dying, landing, all that but with the kart still "attached" to them.

Damn, I wanted the Doctor to realize why his idea wouldn't work. But in any case, that's pretty much it, plus...

Sure. Make a kart. Position it on the desired character's ass. Watch how his/her feet are still there, passing through the kart, Flinstones-style. Or position it under their foot. Watch how said character is standing in their kart with their hands out of the steering wheel. Or running in place with their hands ABOVE the steering wheel because their hands are above their hips, which is above the kart which is under their feet.

I didn't say to use the top hat, I said an idea like the top hat.

@gold that all depends on the kart ' sprite size. It's like taking a kid's jacket and complaining how it doesn't fit an adult.

@both kinda: just because it will use a certain frame for a stance won't mean that the stances will change. ie. Say we are using the running frame. Frame. Not frames, it will stay on that one frame, so nothing strange will occur when moving. It will be just like kart, except both the kart and the player are different sprites

This is all a moot point because we're not adding Kart to begin with, as a requirement for a gametype to enter vanilla is that the gametype must not mess with the game's basic movement controls.

a fusion will be cool i mean 2 player fuse in one with a command console like fuse with (player name) and if he agree he put in console fusion agree with (player name) sorry for bad english

If we're going to go with terrible ideas, I'd still suggest an offline bot mode, c'mon, they don't synch out at all. They might be stupid, but at least they are playable, and no one should feel lonely playing the game :c

They already said they will not add bots aside of Tails in SP. Also, if you knew it's a bad idea, why the hell suggest it in the first place?

They already said they will not add bots aside of Tails in SP. Also, if you knew it's a bad idea, why the hell suggest it in the first place?
Because Low-confidence is the success to agreement... Secondly, It's just a much better reason to test offline...

Low confidence about your own post is going to make people not give a shit about your post in the first place.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back