Deep Sea Zone 1 - Odd Exit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
While redoing SRB2 all over again. (Kept my complete gamedata still.) I was climbing onto one of those pillars in Deep Sea Zone 1's water room. (You know that one area that you enter if you take the bottom route at the beginning.)

Near the stairs where those 4 pillars are, I landed on a tiny ledge in one of the pillars, then I couldn't move, and then the Stage Clear Results appeared.

I would get a screenshot of this, but... I might be spoiling it.

15co9c4.png

It's somewhere in this area.

Last edited:
Please don't remove it. Time Attack is already a pain to complete and this makes up for my time really good (too bad it isn't enough though I suck at Time Attack).

I was always wondering how some of the Players in DSZ1 Race completed so early.
I thought it was hacking at first.

You guys realize Rob and I found this a couple days ago, showed it to Mystic and the rest of the team, and already put it on the list for 2.0.5 fixes, right?

It's a bug. It's getting removed. All you people who say it shouldn't... think about yourself for a moment. Sheesh.

You guys realize Rob and I found this a couple days ago, showed it to Mystic and the rest of the team, and already put it on the list for 2.0.5 fixes, right?
Code:
[03:00] -> -Rob- You guys know about the massive glitch in DSZ1?
[03:02] -Rob- No? :X
:roll:

Neo found it. I then looked it up and relayed that back to #'dev and you. Who then went and played it.

Yeah, this really seems to be a game breaking glitch. I guess I need to ban it on my server until 2.0.5 then... but wait a minute, if this needs an IWAD edit, that would mean the CTF levels with the emerald bug would be getting fixed too, right?

All of you people that want to that for time attack SO badly do it now before 2.0.5 is out.
EDIT: also just to get this out there whenever I try to play a match game Im always stuck as a spectator no matter what!

It's a bug. It's getting removed. All you people who say it shouldn't... think about yourself for a moment. Sheesh.

Hopefully the RVZ finish glitch will be fixed too as well.

Yeah, this really seems to be a game breaking glitch. I guess I need to ban it on my server until 2.0.5 then... but wait a minute, if this needs an IWAD edit, that would mean the CTF levels with the emerald bug would be getting fixed too, right?
I rather like how some don't have emeralds. It's refreshing gameplay.

Hopefully the RVZ finish glitch will be fixed too as well.
You mean where you can fly up without waiting for the platform? no that probably wont be fixed because its so minor and nobody really cares in the first place

Will the 2.0.5 time attack time get erased? Or will you have to redo it?

Will the 2.0.5 time attack time get erased? Or will you have to redo it?

You'll probably have to redo the time attacks. I had to when I upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.4, even though I grabbed anything that looked like a save file.

You can save your old replays though, those should still work when the new version comes out.

The save replays is just the game redoing what you did. Right? So the replays might not work since the exit will be gone. And your character might be stuck forever.

Am I right?

^Not a bad bug in my opinion. I was able to get 28.97 as SONIC thanks to that. Also, my total time attack score is now under 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back