Character System Ruined by STK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueZero, I think you're forgetting something. The spindash is an often-forgotten and amazing ability that all three characters have. If you think Tails cannot go fast underwater, I highly suggest you try spindash flight. Sonic can't even compete with that.

If you don't like a slower pace, why aren't you playing as Sonic? Tails and Knuckles are designed to give you a change of pace and a different experience playing the game. If you want to blitz through the stages at a fast pace, Sonic is for you. If you wanna fly around and explore at your own pace, Tails might be more what you're looking for.

We are working on putting MORE character-specific things into the game. Surely if you've played 2.0 you'll notice several areas that are only accessible to Knuckles, and I assure you we plan to do more of that in the future, including more sections where Knuckles is forced onto his own path like on the left path in ERZ1.

I'd like to say that there should probably be the ability to only 'spend' a specific amount of 'power points' on characters in number-based variables. If you use too many 'power points', your WAD won't run because it is clearly overpowered. For example -
PP - 100
Acc - 31
Spd - 37
Spn - 32
(Leftover points - 0)

Acc would be accel. Spd would be max speed. Spn would be the 'Dash' factor in spindash. This is a horrible example, okay, but I feel this would be a good way to look at things.

I will also take this moment to say I am completely baffled at the decision to mix Multiability - a secondary ability - and nojumpspin, a graphical prefrence - together. It makes no sense. I hope to see it split by 2.1. Of course, my opinion doesn't matter squat to the devs, but it is quite confusing.

Arf, have you ever played Sonic Doom 2?
I don't know what it had to do with my post at all, so thanks for making me feel like I wrote a Wall-o-text for nothing, I guess, because it seemed the point of it went right over your head. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back