Suggestions

犬夜叉;674593 said:
This exists in the code already. It's commented out.

Why?

Well, isn't Explosion already ungodly overpowered as is?

It's not ungodly overpowered, however it is slightly overpowered. I only suggested this because, well, if a bomb explodes and sends your opponents flying, wouldn't that mean that if you pointed the bomb under you and fire, you'd also get sent into the air?

I know this suggestion won't take affect, though.

No there isn't. "Sound Volume" controls the master volume for the entire game.
It depends on which Interface code it was compiled with:
the DirectX interface control the master volume,
While the SDL Interface would only control the SFX volume

Can I be an asshole for a second? ok....
HAHAHHAHAHA

I really do not think changing the PLAYPAL/COLORMAP memblock while in level mode will work so well, but if someone want to try to code up the linedef, be my guest.

My turn!

I'd like to point out that the original proof-of-concept implementation of per-level pallets was the loading of an external wad with the desired pallet through a script-activating linedef, which could only be done once the level had already been loaded. In other words, the viability of per-level pallets was discovered precisely by loading new pallets in the middle of a level... so naturally, a linedef to switch between pallets in the new system should work fine.

my turn!

I'd like to point out that the original proof-of-concept implementation of per-level pallets was the loading of an external wad with the desired pallet through a script-activating linedef, which could only be done once the level had already been loaded. In other words, the viability of per-level pallets was discovered precisely by loading new pallets in the middle of a level... So naturally, a linedef to switch between pallets in the new system should work fine.

doom

alam@irc said:
i know, but i stuck at messing with the play code, plus i am not a mapper, so i do not know how would a linedef trigger works
and yes, it would work in real time

You do realize that the high difficulty level of the final special stage is completely intentional, correct? If we change the special stages, you can expect the last one to have the same extreme challenge level the current one has.

Special stage difficulty is fine; although something needs to be done about Special Stages in netgames, where just one player can screw up the whole stage. Instead of the stage ending, just have them unable to move with all their collected rings removed from the total.

Special stage difficulty is fine; although something needs to be done about Special Stages in netgames, where just one player can screw up the whole stage. Instead of the stage ending, just have them unable to move with all their collected rings removed from the total.

Then the rings would be gone forever... so what would be the point? (If he has 70 rings, and the stage has 100)

Actually, it's even less than you think, Autosaver. Special Stage 7 requires 100 out of 120 rings. If a player fell with 21 rings, that would make the stage impossible to complete.

Maybe ring totals just shouldn't be removed. Also, each player should have their own timer as well, so that a player in the water doesn't screw up others either.

Well, this is all sort of a moot point considering we don't plan to use that special stage design in the final, regardless.

Maybe ring totals just shouldn't be removed. Also, each player should have their own timer as well, so that a player in the water doesn't screw up others either.
But... everybody else is supposed to represent Tails in Sonic 2!

(TAILS, DON'T RUN INTO THE SPIKEBALLS! NOOOO)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back