View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016   #10
Saturn Ross
The Local Bird-Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKnux101 View Post
This is an interesting concept. Having something like this in vanilla would be cool, and it would make collecting rings more rewarding. Maybe having it so there's multiple kinds of Bonus Stages that the Star Posts transport you to would be good (like in Sonic 3 & Knuckles).
That would be really cool, but I'm not sure if it would be possible to use the ones from Sonic 3 & Knuckles- I'd say the Gumball-Machine style one would be the easiest to code in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKnux101 View Post
Also, you should probably remove the "B" from the shield orbs, as that represents "Bubble Shield". I would just add symbols or letters that actually represent the shields in SRB2, or just leave the orbs blank with the color indicators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 742mph View Post
In S3&K, if I remember correctly, all of the shield orbs were labeled "B," probably for "Barrier."
Yup, all the Shield Orbs had "B"s on them, so I'd say either leave it, or you could add different letters to represent the other shields, if you want. In S3&K, there were also clear orbs that you'd pass through with no item, and the Black orbs bounced Sonic off, so maybe those could be added as well.