Suggestions

I would like if the anti save from using the enable super option in P.B. was removed. It doesnt really seem to have much of a reason for being there.

I think it would be good if the staff cared more about the game's performance for now, since it has sunk a lot since the incorporation of Lua language and that this is screwing up the SRB2 netcode as new things arrive.

1st: Make it so that the camera goes through walls when you play with "Orbital Camera"

I think I saw a debate saying why this was hard to pull off, but I don't know if it's just Mystic that couldn't or that it's really hard to do. No idea.

2nd: Making FOV default, I don't know why the game never keeps the FOV I pick, but it just doesn't.

(Note, ALL of this is IIRC.)

To be more specific, there was technically a scrapped revamp, which is what shows up in the Anniversary trailer. This was just a modification to the pre-existing ERZ, similar to what GFZ and THZ is in 2.2.

However, this was scrapped, and replaced with a full-on remake, which has only popped up in teasers. Remake in this context means something like akin to CEZ in 2.2, where the whole map is scrapped and redone from scratch. This, however, thanks to time constraints and the older revamp existing, was left unfinished, which resulted in actual 2.2 ERZ.

If the person meant the revamp, then that's more understandable for a question like that to be asked, but if they meant the full-on remake, that was never scrapped and is likely to pop up in 2.3.

(Sorry for the long post, and sorry if I just said this all to people who knew all this stuff.)

Last edited:
It would be nice if there was a modding guides section on the forum for those who have the know how to make mods to pass on their knowledge in a way that's simple and easy to understand. Basically, just a place to put tutorials covering the basics so that the information on the wiki seems less complex and intimidating to get into.

Such a thing might help to encourage those who want certain mods to be made to do it themselves rather than doubting themselves and asking others to do it for them.

You mean like in Sonic Adventure, where Tails and Knuckles could roll if you pressed the action button while in motion?

It would also make a lot of sense for Amy Rose's play-style, since logically Amy is a hedgehog, and thus able to curl/roll. However, since she's not as fast as Sonic, or as speed-oriented in general, she shouldn't be able to spindash.

Keeping with this, Knuckles is marketed as strong but not fast (or at least not as fast as Sonic), and the ability to disable his Spindash with a mod and keep his rolling (b/c he's an echidna) would make sense as well.

It would also make a lot of sense for Amy Rose's play-style, since logically Amy is a hedgehog, and thus able to curl/roll. However, since she's not as fast as Sonic, or as speed-oriented in general, she shouldn't be able to spindash.

Keeping with this, Knuckles is marketed as strong but not fast (or at least not as fast as Sonic), and the ability to disable his Spindash with a mod and keep his rolling (b/c he's an echidna) would make sense as well.

Amy already has her hammer attack, though. And the hearts from her hammer shoot outward a short distance to deal damage. Replacing that with a roll she can uncurl from would feel kinda weird.

A few changes to the modding infrastructure that would be helpful:

1: Mod groups, and the ability to create groups of existing mods. This does work already to some extent with custom wads and pk3s, but supergroups of addons while still being able to use them separately could be helpful for presets.

2: Mod-loading tied to save files, not to the entire game. This would save a lot of headache when playing with physics modifications, and as a bonus certain modded characters could be allowed within a savegame. However, in modded savegames you shouldn't be able to get achievements or emblems.

3: Records in Record Attack are tied to a mod group or mod, so that records remain fair.

4: When creating netgames the host chooses the mods used.

5: Mods that add new game modes, and other mods which affect the entire game, are no longer called addons, and are accessible via a separate menu in the title screen, where "addons" used to be. Loading these mods will not restrict any functionality of the game.

6: By default, scores in custom game modes are organized in the same way as Record Attack would be (see #3), but this can be changed.

aight time to shoot this one down a bit

1: Mod groups, and the ability to create groups of existing mods. This does work already to some extent with custom wads and pk3s, but supergroups of addons while still being able to use them separately could be helpful for presets.

i mean, you can already repack mods using SLADE, but how would they even be organised? there's infinite amounts of mod categories already represented, from indies and smaller games to nintendo and sony, as well as fan characters. being able to use them separately but in the same pack is something that i don't know is possible without locking some behind an unlock in their S_SKIN.

2: Mod-loading tied to save files, not to the entire game. This would save a lot of headache when playing with physics modifications, and as a bonus certain modded characters could be allowed within a savegame. However, in modded savegames you shouldn't be able to get achievements or emblems.

i'll just shoot you down right here and say this already exists. same general rule applies to your third point.

4: When creating netgames the host chooses the mods used.

i...don't understand what you mean by this. this already happens, this is what happens, this is the thing that happens when netgames are organised.

5: Mods that add new game modes, and other mods which affect the entire game, are no longer called addons, and are accessible via a separate menu in the title screen, where "addons" used to be. Loading these mods will not restrict any functionality of the game.

as much as i think this would be a really good idea, i don't see how the game would recognise which mods are actual entire new gamemodes and which are just normal lua addons. battle mod, for example, integrates itself into the regular gameplay and isn't actually considered a separate gamemode.

1 : You can already do a console script file so why complicate thing to ease something you can do ?

2-3 : You can do a custom savefile to allow the use of mods without restriction but it can be nice to have a better mod support for savefile. What I mean is that you need to have the character loaded at the same slot and that can be tedious without a console script.

4 : But you can already do that. Add the mods before hosting and for dedicated load them with addfile command or use console script.

5 : Could be hard to do without loading the mod so must not worth it. And about not restricting functionnality I don't think it's possible to check if a mod only add a new gamemode.

Probably there's people that recommended this before but i through of maybe making SRB2 have 4 Player setups instead of 2 like in karts. The life icons could be the live counter icon on the bottom left corner for example and it would be a cool experience in my opinion.

I just had a thought about Castle Eggman's boss. The current version is definitely an improvement over the previous one, which was like a waiting game. But if you think about it, Eggman choosing to include buttons that force his protective cage to lift and make him vulnerable is... Well, it's interesting choice, on par with Plankton's coin operated self-destruct.

So that got me thinking, is there something that could replace the buttons that would make more sense? And I think I have an idea. The boss arena has an audience now. What if those foam finger wearing Eggrobos threw food at the player? Some could throw banana peals to try to slip you up. Some could throw tomatoes to splatter on the player's screen. And some could throw whole freaking watermelons at you. When the melons drop, the player can attack them to send them flying at Eggman, where it splatters all over the glass, and he has to lift the cage to see you.

"What glass?"

Uhh. The cage has glass now. He can't have gaps big enough for Fang's cork bullets to fit through, right?

Last edited:
I just had a thought about Castle Eggman's boss. The current version is definitely an improvement over the previous one, which was like a waiting game. But if you think about it, Eggman choosing to include buttons that force his protective cage to lift and make him vulnerable is... Well, it's interesting choice, on par with Plankton's coin operated self-destruct.

So that got me thinking, is there something that could replace the buttons that would make more sense? And I think I have an idea. The boss arena has an audience now. What if those foam finger wearing Eggrobos threw food at the player? Some could throw banana peals to try to slip you up. Some could throw tomatoes to splatter on the player's screen. And some could throw whole freaking watermelons at you. When the melons drop, the player can attack them to send them flying at Eggman, where it splatters all over the glass, and he has to lift the cage to see you.

"What glass?"

Uhh. The cage has glass now. He can't have gaps big enough for Fang's cork bullets to fit through, right?

The idea is good, only that Amy can use her hammer to break the glass, unless the crystal is from this ad

I... hate to admit it, but... That just turns the fight back into a waiting game. yes it makes sense, but it doesn't NEED to make sense- it's a boss fight in a game about a blue hedgehog and an egotistical doctor who also fails to see the obvious flaws until they start causing trouble, then insisting he doesn't need to worry about the issue, causing him to fail at the end.

Neat idea, but that literally sets us back to square one of the issue- it's a waiting game again for the Egg Robos to toss their melons. And even then, buttons are just better because vertical sight isn't as good for the player, and they'll be focused on the boss- which means they might miss the melons, and cause the fight to go on longer.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back