What if community-made level mods were added to the vanilla game as unlockables?

Frostiikin

recovering elseif abuser
Judge
I think this could potentially be a great way to add more content to the game without needing the devs to take time to make brand new bonus levels, since as it stands there are barely any of them. There are tons of levels on the mb that could make excellent additions to the base game (Neo Palmtree, Lilac Conservatory, Gigalopolis, Peak Waterfalls, Azure Paradise, and countless more incredible community-made maps). The only potential issue I could see with this is that most of these levels use music taken from other games, and they'd likely need original tracks in order to fit in with the rest of the game's levels, however, there may be other issues with adding community-made levels to the base game that I just didn't see. Anyways, If you have any opinions on this idea, Feel free to drop a reply, I've been thinking about this for a little while and was just wondering what the general community would think about this sorta thing.

You mean like Haunted Heights Zone in the 2.2?

I think this could be good to replace Aerial Garden and Azure Temple by newer and better levels but this needs to be from a contest (like OLDC)

Frozen Hillside, Pipe Towers, Haunted Heights, Aerial Garden, and in a sense Azure Temple were all community-made maps (I think even all were entered into the OLDC?) before being included in the main game, so it's certainly not a new idea... :P

EDIT: oh yes, also Dream Hill and both acts of Alpine Paradise

Not wanting to backseat moderation but be careful about your thread, calling it "what if" could sound like you want people to do stuff for you.

Not wanting to backseat moderation but be careful about your thread, calling it "what if" could sound like you want people to do stuff for you.
how even does this look remotely like a wadbegging thread, "What if" threads are a case-by-case thing, i'm literally not asking anyone to do anything here, or implying that this is something I want someone to do for me. This is meant to be a discussion about this idea ._.

I see precisely zero possibility of that happening, especially given the descriptive opening post.

The only potential issue I could see with this is that most of these levels use music taken from other games, and they'd likely need original tracks in order to fit in with the rest of the game's levels...

I mean, maybe an original rendition of the songs would be necessary, but there is that one level, you know:
that one Mario level with a unique rendition of the Overworld theme
So I don't think the music would be that much of an issue.

I do think there could be like a way of choosing what stage to add though, maybe like a monthly voting contest where we vote between the most popular community made stages, and the one who gets the most votes gets to be added to the main game as unlockables for collecting the emblems.

I just showed my concern about the thread name.

As for the music I know that Frozen Hillside used a song from a cartoon before changing it in the 2.2.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back