• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Zone, with more GHZ stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draykon said:
This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but you ARE using A_FishJump for jumping aren't you? If so, then it's probably hardcoded.

Oh dear... Maybe I should use the SDURFs again. I'm not sure about the A_BunnyHop idea that Dark Fox suggested though...

Try making it face left, if that's where the bridge goes. Make it jump like, 10 away. Then, make it delay for a while. Then, make it jump at a distance of -10. Try something like this.

Sorry about this, Monster Iestyn, it's hardcoded to the fish. I just added the functionality you want to 1.1. You can specify a jump height in FRACBITS using the 'var1' of A_FishJump, or you can use the angle just like with the SDURFs.

Monster Iestyn said:
I don't know what to do about the flatness and linearness - GHZ doesn't fit well with irregular shapes to me, and how am I supposed to not make it flat other than using ramps?

I like the idea of adding plenty of ramps, maybe just some useless ones that are part of the scenery or ones that are laid out so you jump from one ramp to the other where you'd usually use blocky things. Add some pools and little areas that have different grass (flowers or something) that are maybe raised or perhaps lowered instead. If you are elaborate enough it will fill up the "empty" areas quite easily while hopefully not compromising the maneuverability too awful much.

Also aren't there actions for making an enemy strafe? A strafing crab badnik actually sounds pretty simple unless the strafing action doesn't work. (some of the soc things are weird like that)

Maybe TDF's idea would work... It' worth a shot. o.O

[offtopic]Speaking of Classic Sonic By the Way... Hey SSN, Can you make it that any character can have "super transformation frames?" And/or a seperate WADFile for alternate super-stuff (like "superanims = 2" and have a wadfile have "occupatin = 1" for it knowing it's a superform, and it has he skin of the player that goes super, and the default is "occupation = 0" for a player)? If no, then that's OK. Just a thought. XD Because in S2&K and S3&k, BOTH Sonic and knuckles had super transformation sprites. Agan, only a thought. XD[/offtopic]

Maby Offtopic: If the Fishjump action is hard-coded, How come A_Fishjmp exists? Or is that solely for th already in-game fish? Anyway...

Ontopic: Maby I can do the MotoBug sprites for this. Perhaps yo can make it use the strafing idea JEV3 said, but turn to the opposite direction like in the origonal GHZ? Like, it keeps going one direction untul it hits somthing (i.e. ledge, edge-of-spikes, wall, ect.) and then turns. Or, it can be like the crawla and slowly chase it's target. An maby I can also do that bee? :) Wich would probably have the data of the jetesins (sp?) that shoot, but it hovers in air rathr than going up and down (unless that's hard-coded too)? That could be somthing. :)

Excuse me, but Bobbla is already doing the motobug sprites. I'm still wondering how far he's got with them.

As for that bee enemy (I think it's called a buzz...) , I could just make it similar to the buzzes, except it shoots every few seconds. I may want to take away the Float flag to keep it from going up and down, so it moves similar to how it does in Sonic 1.

Well, keep in mind that SRB2s gameplay is different from Sonic 1s so you might have to change the enemies to adjust to the differences.

Sorry, I mis-read what he typed. I thought he was saying we could continue it. Serously, I NEED Glasses. And are they really called a buzz? Because if they are, I hope people don't mistake the two different ones. lol. Anyway I'm wondering how far he's gotton too...

Actually I thought they were called Buzzbomber mk1 and if I rember right, SSN made sprites of this badnik for Sonic Doom 2.

SSNTails said:
Sorry about this, Monster Iestyn, it's hardcoded to the fish. I just added the functionality you want to 1.1. You can specify a jump height in FRACBITS using the 'var1' of A_FishJump, or you can use the angle just like with the SDURFs.
...then what's A_BunnyHop?

light dasher said:
SSNTails said:
...then what's A_BunnyHop?
A_BunnyHop is like A_FishJump.

The only difference between the two is that A_FishJump works if the specified mobj is calling the action underwater, and A_BunnyHop works only if the specified mobj is touching the ground.

Subject

Wow, I can't believe I'm missing this! Later, I'm going to play what is made so far. (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!11!!) Can't wait! (After all, thats what benifits me as MI's brother) Anyway, good work! Hope to see this released. I'm also offering to try and do the Crab's sprites/soc. That is, if I'm prepared enough!

Good luck!!!

[offtopic="Ramps"] Also, there's no point in holding your breath. SSN will NOT put ramps in. If he was, wouldn't he have explained it a year ago? [/offtopic]

1. Please don't brag about you being my brother, as it's annoyong to some users here.
2. Don't you mean slopes, and not ramps?
3. There's no point in doing the sprites for the crab if we don't know how we could make it go side-to-side yet.

Not much progress on GHZ, sorry...

But here are some screens of a test level for Marble Zone!!
srb20117.png

A view of most of the test level, from the start.
srb20119.png

Marble Zone Lava!
srb20121.png

Grass edges!

I keep on tempting myself into doing a Sonic Classics mod, with levels from Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles, yet of course I've got other things that'll be held up because of it... I just felt like making this test level, so I apologise if you're all getting impatient with me about making this and not GHZ...

Stupid Internet connection... I could have made this post much earlier if it wasn't for my continuous disconnecting problem keeping me from uploading my pics onto PhotoBucket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back