• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Zone, with more GHZ stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster Iestyn said:
Urrm... I'm not sure how I'm going to make the crab enemy move side-to-side like it does in the original GHZ if I'm going to put it in.

SOCEdit apparantly doesn't work anymore for me, with both of the SRB2 versions I've got (1.09.2 and 1.09.4a). Using the Wiki hardly helps, as the list of states is nowhere near complete. I need that page to be complete to help me SOC, and I can't do it at all myself.

Could any of you help make those enemies for me if possible? Just don't make them replace the enemies already in the game.

If not, well... there's going to be Crawlas instead.
Use a goomba!

Now I feel ready to post some screens!

Here they are:
srb20103.png

The Beginning. There are 2 paths to choose from.

srb20104.png

Here are some spikes... sector spikes, that is...

srb20105.png

...and further up the path is a bridge with SDURFs jumping through the holes. I may want to replace them with the robo-pirannas from the original GHZ.

srb20106.png

A view from one of the platforms in the same area as in the first screen.

The level itself isn't finished yet, not all scenery has been put in yet, and the SDURFs are the only enemies in here at the moment. Just wondering how good it is to you all...

Monster Iestyn said:
Urrm... I'm not sure how I'm going to make the crab enemy move side-to-side like it does in the original GHZ if I'm going to put it in.
A_SkimChase

Skims don't always move side-to-side, Flame. And doesn't that action work only on water?

Bobbla, how far have you got with your Motobug sprites?

Sorry for the double-post, but I've just put in the robo-piranha thing into SRB2. It's almost exactly the same, with the exception of the sprites, and that it's sprite name has F105 rather than FISH (the sprite name for the SDURFs) since it's a custom thing. For some reason, it always jumps the same height, and I can't get it to jump any higher. Because of that, they never go high enough to reach the bridge.

Here's a pic of this problem:
srb20107.png

Don't tell me to replace the SDURFs' sprites, as I don't want to do that. Just tell me how I can get it to jump higher. I just hope it isn't coded, for if it is, then I'll just have to use SDURFs instead.

Ash said:
It looks kinda boring, flat, and linear so far.

1. It's incomplete. I said I hadn't put all the scenery and enemies in yet!
2. I don't know what to do about the flatness and linearness - GHZ doesn't fit well with irregular shapes to me, and how am I supposed to not make it flat other than using ramps?

Maybe you should try to see if it has a "jump-height" in the SOC data. If it's the variable, then you should try increasing the variable.Do you think that would work?

EDIT: Ignore that, I just noticed the paranas from SRB2 are jumping as high of the bridge.... So I have no clue o_o'

You can try making an invisible water block or raise the water level so it goes just above the bridge.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
You can try making an invisible water block or raise the water level so it goes just above the bridge.

I'm not sure... It may look a bit wierd when underneath the bridge.

Actually, I'm now thinking of taking out the robo-piranhas from the level, although it'll still be in the WAD. I'll just use the SDURFs again, while either I or anyone else who offers to help could try to sort out the problem with it not being able to change it's jump height.

Anyway, what do you think of the level so far? Only Ash has commented so far, and I'm still curious about what you think of it...

I'm thinking the level looks SWEET! I hope this get's done soon! :D Hey, how about making this the level after CEZ3? You can do that by putting:

LEVEL 9
NEXTLEVEL = 10

in your MAINCFG if GHZ is level 10. Someone created a "Finalegg.wad" and used that to make "Emerald Shrine" (for you to get the 7 emeralds) the level after you beat Eggman. You don't need to if you don't want to, but it would be cool. :)

I refuse to comment on the level until there's a download link.
-insert stirke here-
-with signs and torches-

Monster Iestyn said:
1. It's incomplete. I said I hadn't put all the scenery and enemies in yet!
This is a bad excuse. Anyone can have something unfinished and have something great out of it. And he said linear, not empty.

READ IT AGAIN!! That was about what Ash said about it being boring, not linear. The secoond point was about it being linear and flat.

This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but you ARE using A_FishJump for jumping aren't you? If so, then it's probably hardcoded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back