• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Zone, with more GHZ stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm now starting work on the actual level. All the sort of things in the test level will be there as well as spikes, some death pits (but very few, to keep it easy), and the tunnel that you spin through in GHZ.

But I'm at a sort of stage where I don't think screens should be taken to post here yet, so be patient and you'll eventually see some.

Hyper Shadic X said:
How are you going to make it that you are always spinning down if there aren't slopes yet?

What do you mean? I'm going to use a zoom tube for the tunnel section.

Besides, there's no chance that SRB2 will have slopes in 1.1. We don't even need them to make the game good, and can't we just stick to stairs that are made to look like them?

I'm not a big fan of level wads, but I anticipate the release of this. Will there be GHZ enemies too? I've always wanted to see that little crab thing be an enemy in SRB2.

Urrm... I'm not sure how I'm going to make the crab enemy move side-to-side like it does in the original GHZ if I'm going to put it in.

SOCEdit apparantly doesn't work anymore for me, with both of the SRB2 versions I've got (1.09.2 and 1.09.4a). Using the Wiki hardly helps, as the list of states is nowhere near complete. I need that page to be complete to help me SOC, and I can't do it at all myself.

Could any of you help make those enemies for me if possible? Just don't make them replace the enemies already in the game.

If not, well... there's going to be Crawlas instead.

Well if you were going to make it replace a crawla all you'd have to do is replace A1 with A3A7, A2A8 with A4A6 and vice versa.

Try re-downloading SocEdit. Then use the "SRC" folder as your "path to srb2 source code." I recommend using empty slots and making sprites for them, and having the crab do a "path." I personally don't know what controls this, and I'm currently busy myself with Modding the game, But I'll try my best to know how to do this when I'm done. :)

I doesn't really matter whether my SOCEdit works or not, I'm quite rubbish with making Socs anyway. Yet I do know the only 'path' that is possible to make, as far as I know, is the NiGHTS Axis.

As for the level making progress, it's going quite well. I'm still not ready to post screens though... I should mention that the GHZ sky is not so good-looking in OpenGL. I just wish it didn't have to make all skys be viewed that sort of way... It's the same with my custom sky for Deadly Dunes in my Doomsday Pack mod. There's nothing I can do to stop either of them not looking so good in OpenGL...

Well that stinks, Because my Mod automaticly uses OpenGL. Maby you should stretch the sky part and water part so no "lines-of-doom" can be seen easily? But OpenGL Isn't that good anyway (mine uses models, and only OpenGL can render them. :/ ). But aside from that, I think it's awesome. :D

Monster Iestyn said:
Using the Wiki hardly helps, as the list of states is nowhere near complete.
I do need to work on that some more...

Anyways, me likey this. I'll be looking forward to the finished level.

I'm currently working on a motobug sprite, it's quite unfinished, but here is a little preview:

You can use it if you like it, but it might take a while until i'm done with the whole sprite-set :P

You could more or less copy the thing and the states that the Crawla uses and just change the copied states to use the new sprites.

SonicTheDalek said:
You could more or less copy the thing and the states that the Crawla uses and just change the copied states to use the new sprites.

I've just found out I've been doing something wrong with SOCEdit all that time. It actually works fine, just I've not used it for a very long time...

*Hits self on head*

Bobbla can still work on his sprites though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back