Z World Detroit - a real-life zombie apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
http://www3.indiegogo.com/zworlddetroit

Imagine that you're living through the zombie apocalypse. You and your group are looking for sanctuary in an abandoned urban landscape. You are out of ammo so you are relying on your smarts to survive. As you start to adjust to your new surroundings, your relative calm is broken by a pack of zombies.
People panic and start to run. Some in your group aren’t fast enough and fall to the zombies. Soon they will also be zombies. Where do you go? The odds say make a run for it and you listen. Your group runs down the street and hides in an old warehouse. Is it safe in here? Will the growing zombie horde pass without noticing you? What about your supplies? What about the friend that was lost in the chaos? How long will you survive? Will you make it through the night?
This sounds like an interesting video game, but where is the real thrill in a video game? Suppose this was real. Suppose you were in this with your friends. Suppose you were really running and hiding. Now that would be interesting.

What is Z World Detroit?
Z World Detroit will be a unique and spectacular zombie themed experience park that will transform a virtually neglected section of Detroit, Michigan. Participants will be chased by a growing zombie horde through abandoned factories, stores and homes across hundreds of derelict urban acres.
The city of Detroit is considering literally abandoning sections of the city. While the economic and social benefits of this action can be debated. We think the situation demands more creativity.

The Z World Detroit initiative is a radical rethinking of urban redevelopment and Detroit's well-documented blight and de-population. It turns perceived liabilities into assets that will bring a renewed vitality to a struggling neighborhood. When done right, Z World Detroit would be transformative for part of the city, it would create jobs for Detroiters and become a legitimate destination.

To summarize: these guys are planning to turn an abandoned section of Detroit, MI into an overnight zombie apocalypse simulator.

Guys. It's a real-life zombie apocalypse. Don't tell me that doesn't sound amazing. All it needs is funding. It's a highly ambitious project that's asking for a lot of money, yes, and it's also still in the planning stages, but it also looks incredibly promising.

...Anyway, discussion or something. It's mostly a concept right now, so keep that in mind.

I find this to be incredibly depressing. Don't get me wrong, I love zombies as much as the next guy. It's just a shame that the impetus for this is that such a big part of Detroit is appropriately run-down (and I imagine, very, very cheap to purchase or rent or whatever) for a simulated zombie apocalypse.

I've got to admit that this is a really innovative concept, though.

Last edited:
There are parts of Detroit that aren't just run-down, they're completely abandoned. You could most definitely pull off a zombie apocalypse event in such a place.

Abandoned and run-down urban areas can be really interesting. I remember in Chincoteague this one old waterside restaurant had been closed down long enough for bushes, weeds, and even a tree to take over the dock. Vines were all over the building. A barge at the dock was a pile of rust. Between that and the underwater life that encompassed it, it was one of the most interesting things we saw in town.

That said, I still am sorta cranky about zombies. Its a fad, and I've been waiting for it to die. I guess it won't really, I could be happy if it we were just a little less saturated with them. Its like seeing a touhou reference in every SRB2 post, but worse! Baka~ More like hearing the same stupid song on every radio station, in every department store, and at every restaurant.

This is an AWESOME LARP idea and I fully approve.

Really, I know zombie apocalypse LARPs, and having something that size would be epic.

I've actually lived in Detroit (been a while since I was there), and I can tell you that there's places there that are just in pathetically horrible shape. You can indeed pull off a zombie apocalypse simulator in one of Detroit's abandoned sections (even though I'm not a huge fan of zombies).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back