Your opinion on Tablets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnarkku

Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat
I had been wanting to discuss this for a while now.

Here's the thing; most of the electronics nowdays originally had a basic purpose which in one way or another, helped people be more productive (computers, phones, etc).

I never really saw a purpose for Tablets, but since Apple started making them, people have been buying them like crazy, and seriously, for WHAT PURPOSE?

Tablets are way too big to be carried like a smartphone and don't even possess 3G networks, their capabilities are way inferior to that of any Laptop, actually, you can do more with a Netbook, they are utterly fragile and almost always need to be carried on something, meaning, more space.

I myself, being into drawing, thought I'd eventually buy one for digital art purposes, and it turns out most of Tablets don't even have e-pen detection, their cameras aren't that good either...

So, what's your take on them? Do you find them useful for anything at all or are they a waste of money?

I will always have the same opinion on the "progress" of the electronics of our generation.
Qxy7
I actually don't know a lot on anything about Iphone, Ithings... or about tablets, but the stereotypes seem pretty half-useless, the half being probably not requested by the customer.
I never really saw a purpose for Tablets, but since Apple started making them, people have been buying them like crazy, and seriously, for WHAT PURPOSE?
I agree with you my friend. On the above diagram I quickly made, I wanted to insist on the useless of the additional stuff used in each device, which have probably all mutated into some complex graphical design... commercial.
Commercial is the word. Apple uses its mark, one of the reason of these purchases, and the second reason if of course, push the customer to buy it (even if he/she never needed a such object), with .. once more time, all the things you don't need~
I'll go rather with the first one, through. A lot of people feel the need to "being updated on the world".

Now to the question - well, since I never drew digital art, I can't really tell... tablets are a kind of weak laptops, right ? A device trying to replace the laptop which replaced the desktop computer ?
I think it's a waste of money, especially if..
[...]most of Tablets don't even have e-pen detection, their cameras aren't that good either...[..]
Including that you can do far more creative art by tracing the drawing yourself without those. Of course, then, you can scan your work and use the typical art softwares to arrange it.~
(That's my own opinion, of course. I hope I wasn't off-topic...?)

Tablets have their own uses. I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" and I see that it can't substitute a laptop. However it prooves worthy considering that it fits in my pocket and that it's like a miniature computer that I can carry anywhere. I don't use the touch screen to draw, but it can be used for such reason as well. It doesn't have as much computing power as a laptop, but I do admire that it's more portable than one. I can go on saying other features it has such as acceleromoters and gyroscopes, but those are the little this and thats that allows more interesting applications to be made.

Tablets are way too big to be carried like a smartphone
I had a choice between the 2, and decided to take something small, yet had good processing, but not as as expensive as a computer. Tablets, I guess, are in the goldilocks zone.

I bought mine to bring something with me on the summer trips I go to. The road can be such a tiring thing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back