Your First Time Seeing SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it while searching Sonic videos on Youtube. I saw this vid but just thought it was fake or something so I left it alone. Later on I found a link to it and I downloaded it and joined the forum.

For me, it all started when I was searching for "Free 3D Platformer Games" (like I would find alot, ha!) I came to a site called Caiman Free Games, and found myself searching for my perfect "Free 3D Platformer Game". I went into the Sonic game section and found SRB2. I first thought it was a puzzle game with 3D rendered backgrounds, but how wrong was I. I played through the game laughing at how stupid Sega's 3D Sonic games really were. I belive I started with version 1.08. I didn't know I could netgame at all, until I managed to kill myself waiting for version 1.09.2 to download on dial-up, and finally get a taste of what the true SRB2 was.

I was amazed at how addicting netgames were and how well the flexabilty of the netgaming didn't become unstable. I found myself netgaming over and over again, and now I've ended up here.

I found the game on SFGHQ, I think. It's been a LONG time. It was Demo 1, which essentially was just GFZ1. I spent quite a while scouring it and messing with the game, but eventually grew bored. When Demo 2 came out, I downloaded it, and was hooked. GFZ2 - THZ1 were amazing, and the game had so much content it was insane.

I started with Demo 2 or 3...it had just the first four acts. I of course played as Tails and picked up the flying easily (which I consider amazing consider how clunky it was back then) and loved it. 3D flying Tails in 3D levels with rings and enemies and robotnik and oh my god this is awesome.

Of course, I'm lazy and never got around to joining the community till 1.04 :p.

Jason the Echidna said:
FSX said:
The red "OUT OF RANGE" box that sat on my screen blocked the exit message, and I couldn't figure out what key exited. When I Ctrl+Alt+Deleted, I couldn't reach the Task Manager button, so I played Demo 4.35 until my dad got a new GeForce card.
Actually, the image you DCC sent me is as follows:
untitledor4.png

Remember? I had no clue what was wrong? :|
Yes, I never deleted anything in my mIRC downloads folder. Ever.

One problem with that: I have never in my life used IRC. I don't know what DCC stands for. But that was pretty much the error I got.

EDIT:

New story: Nick the Reaper. I know him in real life, and he came over to my house one day and I showed him SRB2. He then asked where to get it and I sent him the download link in a e-mail. In the next few days, he had beaten it. After I started netgaming big-time, he played me every few days. When the 1.09.3 betas came out, we used SRB2JTE 1.69.6 because he refused to upgrade to 1.09.3. He stopped playing when 1.09.3.14 broke 1.69.6, shortly before RuneScape (horrible fate, I know) swallowed him. A little later, I convinced him to upgrade to the latest (1.09.3.2something) beta. That continued for a bit, then he started saying SRB2 was insanely boring all the time after I made fun of his horrible online grammar. That continues to this day.

FSX said:
One problem with that: I have never in my life used IRC. I don't know what DCC stands for. But that was pretty much the error I got.
Really? All I remember is some poor n00b sent me that long, long ago... :(

I'm beating a dead horse aren't I? Oh well...

Anyway, I first saw this a few weeks ago *shocking moment* and I've beaten it several times. No cheating, with all the characters. You realiza how much of a pain that was?

The only time beating SRB2 without cheating is a "pain" for me is trying to beat CEZ3 in Ultimate mode. :| You go all that way collecting 2 or 3 lives from points (hopefully) only to be pwnt by those annoying spikeballs he has around him... Bah.

I assume you found the beginning of THZ2 impossible for a while? Or did you realize "Hey! I can hide from the turret behind these boxes!" or something like that?

Naw, I just took the left path. The crushers were harder with Tails than anyone else cuz he's so SLOW, but it was still easy =D

Actually, the whole part of Techno Hill was simple and semi-straight forward!

On my first time through, I took the left path as Knuckles. go past the crusher that is after the first set because Detons are rotten.

I had two first times seeing SRB2 actually. I was on Sonic-gif.com looking at the Super Sonic GIF's they had it was there I saw the SRB2 Super Sonic transformation (I had it on my desktop for a long time.) at the time I didn't know what SRB2 was. About a year to three years later I was looking for some fun sonic games(To pass the time between official game releases :mrgreen: ) the name SRB2 kept popping up so I decided to narrow the search to "SRB2" I downloaded a really old version(Back when Super Sonic had a cape) I then downloaded the 1.09.1 version I believe, and well here I am.

Jason the Echidna said:
The only time beating SRB2 without cheating is a "pain" for me is trying to beat CEZ3 in Ultimate mode. :| You go all that way collecting 2 or 3 lives from points (hopefully) only to be pwnt by those annoying spikeballs he has around him... Bah.

Yeah. That was a tad difficult for me at first, but then I learned to just run up close to him and quickly tap the jump button; Sonic just bounces back to the ground after hitting him, so he doesn't jump up to the spikeballs' height. Though, it was kinda hard to concentrate on him with the two jettysyn gunners by him. :|

As for how I got here, ZTaimat asked me to compose a soundtrack for a level pack. Speaking of which, I think I forgot something.... *runs back to his midi sequencing*

Sonicandtails218 said:
I started with Demo 2 or 3...it had just the first four acts. I of course played as Tails and picked up the flying easily (which I consider amazing consider how clunky it was back then) and loved it. 3D flying Tails in 3D levels with rings and enemies and robotnik and oh my god this is awesome.

Of course, I'm lazy and never got around to joining the community till 1.04 :p.

Holy crap, ST218 posted!!!! o_o

Anyways, I found this game by the hopelessly outdated Wikipedia article. I thought it was gonna be one of those crappy fangames like all the other fangame makers make, but I was bored nonetheless, so I checked it out. My mouth was gaping when I saw the screenshots. I neverminded the graphics, the landscape and ingame itself looked marvelous. I thought "I had to try this out!" Well it was a good thing I just got Jetstream, so I downloaded it. I was even more surprised at how OpenGL looked. I was so impressed. I also tried netgaming half an hour later after beating the game, well that sucked. I was playing CTF on Nimbus Ruins and I had no idea of what I was doing. I started to frequent SRB2MB on May 24, and I got SRB2 on May 19. Now the last step was IRC. Unlike all the other pussies which are shy, I stepped right in there. I was going by the name "GCFreak" but it quickly changed to "Callum" since it kept reverting to my Windows username in netgames. In total, I have been banned 9 times from #srb2fun. (FUN FACT: I might still supposed to be banned from #srb2fun, since my pinged IP (*!*@219-89-107-36.jetstart.xtra.co.nz) is still banned :P)

And so, that is how I found SRB2. This post might be long or short, since I have limited viewing access from this little post writing box. =3

Since everybody is giving themselves the VH1 treatment, I guess I'll give it a shot.

I have been a member of the Sonic Robo Blast 2 community since August 2004. I started playing Sonic Robo Blast 2 back when demo 2 was causing a ruckus among the Sonic fangame community. Back then, I was a somewhat big fan of Sonic the Hedgehog. I played many Sonic fangames, mostly crappy ones made in TGF or Klik N' Play. I downloaded the game and I was impressed. The sheer size and replayability made the game one of my favorite fangames. The first time I played GFZ2, and made it to the area with the waterfall, I was amazed. I was hooked on the game for one or two weeks, then I got tired of it. That demo I downloaded is probably collecting dust on my old Packerd Bell PC's hard drive as I type this.

Then, about three years later, back in 1.08's heyday, I got back into SRB2. I signed up for the forum, and started to join and talk to #SRB2 on Espernet. Now, some of you kiddies may not believe this, but back in the day, I was a complete idiot. For example, here is the first topic I made, titled "I need help with emblems!" Notice the smilies, and the triple post, showing complete ignorance of the edit button. And here is the first time my ignorance of spyware and adware caused serious problem. Finally, here is a topic I'm sure a lot of veterans remember. Starchaos-SRB2. It was Zash's SRB2 mod. It failed miserably. I wanted to help out, just so I could be in a mod. Read the whole topic, I'm sure a lot of you will find it very funny. I also held a character wadding contest, which was generally a bad idea.

Anyway, more about IRC. I started chatting in #SRB2 back when it was on Espernet, shortly after I joined the forums. I usually acted like a tool. I think it was mostly because I didn't relate to the people there at all. They mostly talked about anime and Teen Titans. As some of you know, I hate anime. I eventually got myself banned from there. I forget how I did. I also was a regular at #SonicCenter and #SonicStadium for a while.

While "working" on Starchaos, I often talked with Senku, another person on the Starchaos team. He got me into #SRB2Tag and #MimirusHome on AccessIRC. I fit in more there than on #SRB2. #SRB2Tag was a chatroom about the tag mode in SRB2. Zash, Senku, BlueJingo, MechaKnuckles (A.K.A. MK) and I were regulars there. #MimirusHome was an Role Playing channel. I never actually role-played there, but I often talked with the users there. I don't go into these channels much anymore. #SRB2Tag is dead, and I never really get around to joining #MimirusHome. I don't know why.

And then I met OmegaHedgehog.

Omega is a good friend of mine. He and Ritz somewhat made me what I am today. I don't really know how we both became friends, but I think it was because we both noticed a lot of similarities between each other. We were vulgar, liked Family Guy before it was cool to, and other things. Omega had a lot of projects that failed. SPMoves (which was JTE's first), The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, the Doom Book, The Ulitmate RPG, Omega's Base, and other things. I made a script for TNAoStH in a contest (which I won). He's currently working of Death by Pixel, a webcomic. There's a link in my sig; check it out.

As of today, I'm starting to get tired of Sonic Robo Blast 2, and it's community. I think I'll stick around for a while, but I don't know how much more of these bots, idiots, and strict rules I can take. A lot of people I liked, like Ritz and Spazzo have already left, so I'm thinking about doing the same.

And that's my story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back