Your favorite Gametype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torgo said:
I seriously think that his topic needs more then just the gametype that you like to be any good. Give reasons why you like the one you like.
Full race because it reminds me of the sonic 2 style races and gives the non fast people online a chance to get first, race in coop levels because its a challenge rather than going around a circuit all the time

I don't really have a favorite, its more what I am in the mood for. That doesn't mean I like every gametype, but out of the ones I like, I play out of what mood I am in.

Single player - I think this has many advantages over coop, one being that there isn't any lag that you would get by hosting or joining a server. I also like it because I can take whatever time I want to finish the level. That means if I want to go fast, I could because of the no lag factor, and if I want to explore I could and have no worries of someone finding the area I would be looking for if I was trying to find a secret or something and I can finish when I feel satisfied with my exploring.

Match - I like this because I can use my fast pasted style and just shoot rings at people without too much thought on strategy. Its especially fun when people who are good at it fight with other people who are good, though its fun to shoot at not so good people too.

CTF - I also use a fast pasted style for CTF. I like this when I want to be able to think of different strategies of getting the flag from the team against us, or getting the team from the base. When I have the flag, I tend to try to find the other persons flag and get back to the base as fast as I can. I do a bit of what I call strategic camping. When someone on my team has the flag, I always check to see if we still have the flag, if it is ever gone, I go back to the base as fast as I can. When I reach it I move around, because I know if you stand in one spot for a long time, you are going to get hit.

Time-only Race - I don't really like full race, because most people don't play like its full race, and it doesn't really work well in circuit race. Time-only is fun because you have to carefully aim your thoks to win, and that requires technique. Its more fun when there are people that are good at race are together.

Team match - This might surprise some of you, but I do like team match when it is when it is done properly. Unfortunately, that rarely happens, and when it is, its a pain for the host to make sure people stay on their teams. The way that I hosted team match once made it enjoyable since the teams were equal in size and relatively equal in skill. I made it normal match first to test the skills of the people on the server, then I told the first place person to go red, then the second blue and the third red and so on. I had to make sure that people stayed on their teams every so often (which is easy to see when the score from a team drops) and told the person to go back to the respective team. For me, it takes a bit too much effort, so I usually stick to normal match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back