• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Xkower's Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there's a difference between "Oh, just add some shading, keep trying though, you'll get it eventually!" and "THIS IS HORRIBLE, IT WILL NEVER BE RELEASED EVER. EEEVEEEER.".

I'm sorry, but who ever said something like this? I just said that it's hard for sprites like these get released. They just need some work. Also, this is the Internet. Not everyone in the world thinks exactly like you. Some people will be like "Oh you'll get it" and others are "AAAH THIS IS HORRIBLE 0/10"

And I think most of us are not in that second option, probably between those two.

And, as you said, I'm going to stop posting too. Xkower, don't quit your projects, no matter what anyone says. If you trust that you can improve at spriting, then you will. Just work a bit more each time, and eventually you'll be a great spriter!

Regardless of how much experience or talent Xkower has at this moment, Zero hit the nail pretty much on the head. Stickman and "8-bit modern Mario" look like they took no effort whatsoever. Not only would they never make it to releases, finished or not, but stuff like that would never help him hone his skills at all.

The only thing that looks of worth here to his experiential gain and of some quality is his WIP Tails Doll sprite, but we have enough of those, dear Lord.

BurningFox, if you're looking for someone to give criticism, stop sugar-coating some ass and try to give some yourself as well!
Talking about Tails Doll i just want to make first for 2.1 Tails Doll without being a port but just being based off some earlier Tails Doll wad.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

I'm sorry, but who ever said something like this? I just said that it's hard for sprites like these get released. They just need some work. Also, this is the Internet. Not everyone in the world thinks exactly like you. Some people will be like "Oh you'll get it" and others are "AAAH THIS IS HORRIBLE 0/10"

And I think most of us are not in that second option, probably between those two.

And, as you said, I'm going to stop posting too. Xkower, don't quit your projects, no matter what anyone says. If you trust that you can improve at spriting, then you will. Just work a bit more each time, and eventually you'll be a great spriter!
I said i'm not quiting but just leaving my projects alone besides the Tails Doll because it's got good criteries and both other projects gonna be scrapped just for having time to make a Tails Doll ;)
Offtopic: Wow i can't even inagimate that my own thread can be so popular by few minutes O_O

Last edited:
If you're looking for constructive criticism you came to the wrong place.
Not much you're going to get but a bunch of sweaty "grown" men making fun of kids on an IRC on a forum about a Sonic fan-game.
But basically, no offense but this is pretty bad. You might want to look up some tutorials on sprite work, I can't exactly remember where I found mine. Take up lessons on shading, learn some techniques that other spriters use until you find one that works for you. Make actual sprites by the way, like...the technique you're using now is drawings all small and really compact. Sprites are pixel art. Look up on pixel art as well. That said, practice makes perfect. If you really want to do these, go on ahead.

Only talking about the first 2 sets of sprites here, since the 3rd one is basically nothing. (not even sure why you decided to post it here, it's not even one entire sprite... or at least I hope not.)

The main thing about your sprites, as many have already pointed out, is the form of them. Not trying to be harsh here, but it looks like you spent about 3 minutes drawing the outline of them, without putting any thought into if it actually looks correct or not. Mario doesn't even have his nose! Secondly is the color, which is to say that it looks as if after you finished drawing the outlines for the shapes, you decided to just use the fill tool to color them and call it a day. This, of course, makes them all look flat. The only thing you DID bother to shade is Mario's hat, which is shaded in a rather simplistic and blocky way. It just feels like you felt the need to make a character wad, so you made the sprites as fast as you could, then stuck them up on the fourms. My advice? For the next sprites you make, take your time, and when you're finished, take a good look at them and say: "Does this look okay?" I get that it's maybe your first time spriting, but in that case, maybe just don't do a character wad then? Maybe do something else to practice, and come back when you know what you're doing?

(Note to Burning: Hey, quit making an ass out of yourself and calm down, okay? We aren't making a personal attack on this guy, just saying that his art could use some work... Maybe not in the most polite way, sure, but this is the internet, so it's to be expected that some people aren't going to hold back.)

You need more than a single sprite without shading per project to start a thread here. Nobody expects you to start off as a spriting master, but put more than the barest minimum of work into your projects before you start showing them off.

That said, no matter how bad the sprites are, this is not an excuse for everybody else to go crazy. This forum is for constructive criticsm, not trolling and flamewars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back