Xenoblade Chronicles - #1 JRPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

large.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best games to hit the Wii. No, not just the Wii. It is one of the greatest works of art ever made.

The game is by Monolith Soft, the makers of Xenogears and XenoSaga. You're going to expect a high profile release with this game. Guess what? It delivered. It also manages to innovate Japanese Role-Playing Games with its fresh gameplay and design choices. JRPG have been known for being stale and Xenoblade seems to fix every problem. Huge open fields that are fully explorable? Check. Fast Traveling? Check. Able to change in-game time? Check.

The characters are so engaging and well thought out. You feel connected to each character with each cutscene. As the game goes on, the game pulls you in. I love how every character interacts and grows with each other.

The battle system is very fun. You gain an assortment of moves with the ability to run around while battling. It is pretty much real-time combat. It offers a lot of strategy to mess around with. While other RPGs have you grind, you will barely grind in this game. XP stocks up fast when you fight enemies higher than you and quests give a boatload of XP.

The soundtrack is magnificent. All the music tracks feel appropriate for their location and they all sound gorgeous. Xenoblade has one of the best soundtracks that a game has had in a while.

Really, you should get this game. I know it is for the Wii, but still. You need to try the game out. It has had over 55 critics with positive reviews. It stands as the #1 2012 game so far on Metacritic. Get it!

While the description you posted seems a little bit biased at times, the game does seem like a bunch of fun. Judging from the Japanese trailer, it seems like a big focus in the game is freedom in exploration, which I enjoy. Might have to try this out, thanks for the post.

I'm usually not a fan of RPG games. I just don't like the way they are designed; talking to a bunch of NPCs wondering where to go is simply annoying. The combat and money system is annoying and makes no sense to me as to why you can buy potions with money(so you have to choose between getting better stats or surviving burst spells). I was told that Xenoblade Chronicles was a good JRPG, and decided to try it blindly despite my dislike towards RPGs.

I was absolutely stunned at how well Xenoblade is made. Everything from the music to the environment to the characters were well done. I actually felt compassion towards all the characters. The cutscenes like this(spoilers!) were just amazing. When I first saw that cutscene my mouth was wide open at how breathtaking it was.

The gameplay is rather interesting. It's a simple premise but later on as the enemies get more complex, the game's difficulty becomes harder. The whole core mechanic with the game is kinda iffy, but it does it's job enough and fits with the story rather well, so I glanced over the fact. Also, due to the whole ability system, there's no need for buying any potions.

The only downers to this game are the repetitive sidequests and the areas are a bit too wide for their own good(lots of fields of grass with nothing in them). Aside from those 2 problems, the game is brilliant and I would recommend it to anyone.

Wow.

It does look amazing.
I once saw the japanese trailer and I was like ehh the characters voice actors are a bit too high-pitched or whatever, but then I saw that English cutscene and the VAs blew me away.

I will buy this thing if it's the last Wii game I'll get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back