XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I saw it. Very interesting, although I had the sound muted so I dunno what it sounds like. Just a few things:

1) For whatever reason, the lava blocks have rock textures on their side. Doesn't look right.

2) At the beginning of the stage, you can cause the lava to rise upwards, but then retreat into the starting area. This not only makes it impossible to finish the level, but also causes the places where the OTHER FOFs were to be replaced by some kind of weird wall thing that's as tall as the room the lava filled up. A good way to work around THAT is to flood the starting area with lava, too, so doing that causes your premature death.

3) Taking the high route over that large gap near the very start, I eventually wound up falling into a pit. That's really all there was to it. I was playing as Sonic, so I couldn't get OUT of it, and there wasn't anything to speed up my death process. That might need attention; it's under a block of lava that seems to not hurt you, which in turn is at the end of a seemingly dead-end.

Just some thoughts.

Well the level definately IS a beta, which is why it's hidden..
Actually, the rising lava should probably be taken out completely since it wouldn't work right at all in netgames.

No, that's okay, there already are multiple paths... I just took the OTHER one afterwards and I got to the end of the level a-ok.

Anyway, the pit in question seems to not have a stationary lavafall after all - replaying in Software mode, it was another one of those lava falls that leave little gaps for you to jump through. I dunno if it had just frozen that one time I looked at it, whether it doesn't work very well in OpenGL (the latter time I came in was in Software), or what. The pit could still use some attention, though. Needs more lava. Also unsure why I jump in there as Tails with a red sheild, and fly out of it, sheild-less, when I didn't even notice myself losing the shield. Maybe that lavafall's just water?...

Other than that, I've noticed that the rock texture on the rising lava at the beginning of the level is also kinda weird in Software. You know what happens when you add a flat into a WAD, without properly saving it as a flat, and then using it? You get some weird junk, right? Same thing's happening here. Dunno why, though; only affects PART of the texture, so I'm guessing it's just a patch too tall.

Oh, and there was another place that created a HOM when you look at it from one angle, but looks fine when you're in the room that it's a wall of. Very weird.

I must admit, though, I don't think I've been this interested in a new level since Mario Koopa Blast in Demo 4.

There ARE lavafalls that are simply water, I've gone out and closely examined each one.
The map is coded in an odd manner to prevent editing
Everything in the source code is mislabeled as debug stuff except for the number of times you beat the game, which is how I originally became interested enough to decode this.
DBGInfo is the number of times you jump on the roof and should be greater then or equal to 3 for you to get in the map.
And I am honestly regretting telling anyone when I found this, because it obviously wasn't meant to be discovered less then a week after release.
And yes, there are 512 emblems. I was making a 200% complete developer's gamedata.dat when I found that it saved the number of times you beat the game, traced it back to the debug junk, etc.

I tried doing it and it didn't work.If possible can I open gamedata.dat and edit it in a hex editor to get there.

No. :) You'll have to figure out how to get it to work on your own. We've already said too much...

Heheh, he probably either didn't jump on the CLASSIFIED in GFZ1 CLASSIFIED times, or didn't finish the game CLASSIFIED times.

Oh, for the love of Pete... Just jump on the house where Sonic's emblem is three or four times after beating the game three times.

You people and your ridiculous "CLASSIFIED" info (first FISHBAKE, now this?). Just let 'em in on it, it's not hurting anything, and the level's likely to get better with some constructive criticism.

Of course, if we were told to keep it secret by SSN or Mystic, then I could understand this.

Oh sure, SSN and Mystic are important enough to tell everyone to keep it secret and I'm not? :(

Yeah, I'm just the one who insanely regrets telling everyone about it, it's causing me a lot of grief.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
First of all, we all know about that. Second, its Rex XV, not a Metal Knuckles type thing. And third, it takes you to Red Volcano Zone.
I never knew about that :cry:

Yes, that's the point, you weren't supposed to. -_- BUT ANYWAY...
I wish this topic would suddenly cease to exist. :( ... ... ... Aww, I forgot, I lost my fairy godparents years ago.

Jason the Echidna said:
I wish this topic would suddenly cease to exist. :( ... ... ... Aww, I forgot, I lost my fairy godparents years ago.

Fairly Odd Parents?

Yes, I'm sure you know that if I had fairy godparents ... >.> We would live in SonicLand and I would be the MazeMaster, creator of traps and treasure. :D

Yes, I'm a big fan of AD&D, but I've never had anyone to play with, I'm afraid. Oh well.
Actually, it would really be more like a combination of D&D and Super Sonic DooM (Not to be confused with Sonic Doom) among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back