Would like to know thing number for mysterious sprites...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

DSWEA0.png
DSWEB0.png
DSWEC0.png
DSWED0.png
DSWEE0.png
DSWEF0.png
DSWEG0.png

Yes, these are all in 1.09.4's SRB2.SRB. I did not come across some obscure beta using these.

Sorry, Wii Opera, can't right click.

Anyways, just a guess, but it sounds like seaweed to me. That or another bit of reference data for the RedXVI THZ secret.

Quoting post would work too...
But anywho:
DSWEA0
DSWEB0
DSWEC0
DSWED0
DSWEE0
DSWEF0
DSWEG0

Also:
Draykon said:
Anyways, just a guess, but it sounds like seaweed to me.

Known. What's unknown is the thing number, if any.

I believe SSNTails said in #srb2fun a few nights ago that there is no object in the game for them right now. In fact, he wasn't even aware of their existence in srb2.srb. You could probably use SOCs to make them into an object, though.

Actually, looking through SOCEdit, it looks like you wouldn't be able to SOC it. There's no sprite number for DSWE, so you can't do it unless you put the sprites into a new wad with one of the freeslot sprite names.

Well, then.

Hopefully this will get put in 1.09.4a, then. For the extremely good reasons that:
It'd be a pain to redistribute SRB2.SRB without these.
It'd be a shame to waste a perfectly good scenery object, considering how very few we really have.

FuriousFox said:
Actually, looking through SOCEdit, it looks like you wouldn't be able to SOC it. There's no sprite number for DSWE, so you can't do it unless you put the sprites into a new wad with one of the freeslot sprite names.

Can't you change the string of a sprite name?

i.e., "F001" to "DSWE"

I think you can...

And sorry, this can't be in 1.09.4a, because adding another object would break SOC compatibility.

Ah well. Too bad, then. It would have been nice...

How did they get in there, anyways? Anyone know? Were they in any older versions of SRB2.SRB?

FuriousFox said:
Except it's not a texture; it's a sprite. You can't use sprites as textures.

You can use it as a texture, though. Am I right? Just add it as a patch (and make it animated), and that's basically it.

Dark Warrior said:
How did they get in there, anyways? Anyone know? Were they in any older versions of SRB2.SRB?

I think it exists in Xmas 0.96, but I'm not 100% sure.

I can't believe noone's said this yet: These are obviously sprites for something in Deep Sea Zone, so in 1.1, you'll see these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back