Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80's

• EIM LYK DEF LOLZ

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the same way, Rap and Hip Hop, and even Country, are not all like the way most people describe them. It's the same way with every musical genre; they're often stereotyped, and you don't bother looking for any of the ones worthwhile in either genre.

You can't argue that there isn't a lot of mainstream metal that's as he depicted, though.

Rap and contemporary music that people are learning as music majors...John Cage's 4 minutes and 33 seconds of literally nothing. Cage walked up to the piano, set a timer for 4 minutes and 33 seconds, sat there, once the timer rang, he got up and left. People paid money to watch his 'performance'. I'd say contemporary music is not music at all, but the absence thereof.

Rap in general is not bad but it's WHO raps. Old-School rap is the best because they rap about good things instead of killing people and being "Gangsta". Most of the time I like the beat also but HATE the lyrics.

Nitro_the_Echidna said:
That's the truth.

Rap, since most (not all of it I add) is about: Sex, Money, and "Being a Gangsta". Some of it makes absolutly no sense at all.

simsmagic said:
Rap, since most (not all of it I add) is about: Sex, Money, and "Being a Gangsta". Some of it makes absolutly no sense at all.

I mostly agree with this, as new-skool rap sucks, and is shallow crap, BUT, old-skool rap is Very, VERY good. That was back in the time Rap wasn't all sex, drugs, money, violence, and "being a gangsta".

I despise rap because it has no melody at all. It is just monotnous speaking into a mic to a beat. I am a pianist, but I also happen to like heavy metal. I hate country music with a passion.

* Blade the vampire hears a country music track play and his eardrums explode*

Using the silver ocean theme, I can't look at this page. I see white, and yellow... On the same page! ;_;

I like "sonic music".

EDIT: Dang, I read the name wrong XD. I don't like... Rap that much, but I don't HATE it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back