• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Working on a music remix project. Might need...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacodemon

I'm working on a music remix project, non-commercial, for my website. I might need some knowledge with SRB2 because I wish to remix GreenFlower and TechnoHill's music as they are absolute genius.
Problem is, as a remixer, i'm absolute shyt when it comes to writing down and playing by ear. So I'd like to know which Lump contains the midi files of SRB2 so I can extract them and look note-by-note how it is produced.
I've used a lump extractor before with DOOM2,and I have also built maps in DOOM2. However, SRB2 seemed to have no obvious lump conaining midi files yet the game contains midi audio.
How would I go about getting permission to remix these tracks (for no financial gain at my end or SonicTeamJr's) and how I would go about ripping the midis from the game?
The lump editor I use is DeePsea. Should I be using a different editor?

EDIT1=Spelling.

The MIDI lumps are in the music.dta file, which you should easily be able to open with DeePsea.

Well, you can also open them with XWE.... Anyway, the lump for GFZ1 "D_MAP01M" for midi and "O_MAP01M" for ogg. You need to replace both to get the music to get COMPLETLY overwritten but I have a midi to ogg converter if you need any help getting the ogg one. And the lump for THZ is "D_MAP02M" or "O_MAP02M" and it keeps going like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back