WMP Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigboi

Windows Media Player 10 won't install because it says the things haven't passed Windows logo testing. What do I do!?!?!?

AFAIK, it means that some program or something has not passed extensive testing by Microsoft and therefore is not guaranteed to be safe for your computer. Which is a load of codswallop, IMO, but still.

I have my own problem with WMP10 right now... namely, ever since I installed my SB Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition, it won't run. It makes Half-Life 2 much better, but it won't run WMP (WinAmp is fair game, though, which would be okay, if I liked WinAmp more than WMP). I should look into that...

I'm not the type of person who upgrades programs. I'm pretty sure I still have whatever version of WMP came with my machine.

Try Winamp. It really whips the llama's ass.

Yeah. Good point. But what does the llama have to do with anything?

lostgamemaker said:
Heh. WinAmp owns. WMP Versions 0.1a-20,000c suck. I destroy them.
Only because you haven't used it. WinAmp's extensions are good, but there's no "Save" option, the "Open" thing will only display select file types when set to "All Supported Types" (that is, select out of the types it actually supports), you don't get to know how long a file is until you actually OPEN it, and skins are overrated anyway. To be honest I have more beef with WinAmp than I ever have WMP.

I prefer Winamp. mainly because it doesn't use nearly as much memory as WMP uses running music files. (plus seamless replay, WMP doesn't have that.)

The only things I don't like about Winamp are that its MIDI support stinks and it makes the video disappear every other display, so if I want to open a new video file with it, it's a quadruple click.

Mystic said:
The only things I don't like about Winamp are that its MIDI support stinks and it makes the video disappear every other display, so if I want to open a new video file with it, it's a quadruple click.
There is a mode to get the video in full screen mode. Hovewer, I can't remember it :lol: mainly because I use other program for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back