Resource icon

(WIP) SRB2 New Horizon V2.8

Gust

Gust submitted a new resource:

SRB2 New Horizon - demonstration of a level pack I am making

About the mod: contains 4 stages and a secret skirt in one of them that leads to 1 secret stage, and has 3 unlockable stages, and is a demonstration, is still in production on the other levels.

Story: Eggman after being defeated several times by Sonic, is in an absurd crisis and is for a long time without doing anything, but eventually discovering a technology that will be used to try to dominate the planet earth.

Credits:

Gust: For the maps and some textures

Textures and Flats...

Read more about this resource...

is just my preferred way to organize the 3 mod files
Oh alright, anyways. The levels are booty full! The 1st level caught me off guard though, emerald shard finding? I tried it with Sonic, and Metal Sonic. Seems like they're randomized? or are the emerald shards locations based on who/what your character is? It'd be better if it's based on who/what your character is, since you can design a few specific obstacles for the emerald shards, example: if your character is Amy, instead of spin dashing through a wall, you use your hammer to break a floor - use your higher jump height - break spikes - get emerald shard. Another example would be Metal Sonic, charge up spindash to get dash mode - break all spikes to get emerald shard. Speaking of dash mode, you added dash mode to Sonic! Pretty cool. Can I suggest a few more moves though? Sonic gets a momentum homing attack, Metal gets an ability similar to Flowabilities' depiction of Metal. Amy get's the hammer jump thingy? The one from Xmomentum combined with the "Amycopter". Fang should be able to shoot even when moving, Tails should get a flight cancel. Also, colors! Damn are they pretty! Amy on the other hand, she looks like a recolored OC, not that I have any problem with that! It's just, why change something(Amy's color palette) that's not broken? Take Xmomentum, instead of changing those colors instantly, they just further emphasized those colors, and added more detail. (I'm talking about Xmomentum Amy Palette) Metal, looks decent here, but I can't help but compare him to Mayo's Xtreme Colors color for Metal. Same as Fang. But yeah, the Music should be linked too! They sound cool, reminds me of CyberDimeRealm- oh wait, yeah this level pack resembles too much of a CyberDimeRealm knockoff, those tree platforming reminds me of Terrance Trees from CyberDimeRealm. The GG Capsules too! The music is jazzy smooth and cool! A bit too CyberDimeRealm-ish though. Although when making this Level Pack, you may not be aware of CyberDimeRealm, eh! That doesn't matter great level pack overall. About a 7/10.

Oh alright, anyways. The levels are booty full! The 1st level caught me off guard though, emerald shard finding? I tried it with Sonic, and Metal Sonic. Seems like they're randomized? or are the emerald shards locations based on who/what your character is? It'd be better if it's based on who/what your character is, since you can design a few specific obstacles for the emerald shards, example: if your character is Amy, instead of spin dashing through a wall, you use your hammer to break a floor - use your higher jump height - break spikes - get emerald shard. Another example would be Metal Sonic, charge up spindash to get dash mode - break all spikes to get emerald shard. Speaking of dash mode, you added dash mode to Sonic! Pretty cool. Can I suggest a few more moves though? Sonic gets a momentum homing attack, Metal gets an ability similar to Flowabilities' depiction of Metal. Amy get's the hammer jump thingy? The one from Xmomentum combined with the "Amycopter". Fang should be able to shoot even when moving, Tails should get a flight cancel. Also, colors! Damn are they pretty! Amy on the other hand, she looks like a recolored OC, not that I have any problem with that! It's just, why change something(Amy's color palette) that's not broken? Take Xmomentum, instead of changing those colors instantly, they just further emphasized those colors, and added more detail. (I'm talking about Xmomentum Amy Palette) Metal, looks decent here, but I can't help but compare him to Mayo's Xtreme Colors color for Metal. Same as Fang. But yeah, the Music should be linked too! They sound cool, reminds me of CyberDimeRealm- oh wait, yeah this level pack resembles too much of a CyberDimeRealm knockoff, those tree platforming reminds me of Terrance Trees from CyberDimeRealm. The GG Capsules too! The music is jazzy smooth and cool! A bit too CyberDimeRealm-ish though. Although when making this Level Pack, you may not be aware of CyberDimeRealm, eh! That doesn't matter great level pack overall. About a 7/10.
okay I get it, maybe in the next update I will improve these things

Could you list the songs you used in this map pack?

Title: Title Screen - Sonic Before the Sequel
Select Character: Prologue - Sonic After the Sequel
Sapphire Hills Act 1: Taura a Maui - Sonic Chroma
Sapphire Hills Act 2: Drizzle Hike - Sonic Chroma
Sapphire Hills Act 3 Phase 1: Chiptunes and Salsa - Sonic Before the Sequel
Sapphire Hills Act 3 Phase 2: Downpour - Sonic Before the Sequel
Eggman Boss Theme: I don't know where the song came from
Old Sapphire Hills: Turquoise Paradise - Sonic After the Sequel
Sapphire Hills Act 5: Prismatic - Sonic After the Sequel
Sapphire Hills Past: Wacky Workbench Act 1 - Sonic Mania The Misfits Pack

Here are some songs, not counting special stages and jingles

Last edited:
Sapphire Hills Act 1: Ivory Shore Act 1 ~ Taura a Maui - Sonic Chroma
Sapphire Hills Act 2: Ivory Shore Act 2 ~ Drizzle Hike - Sonic Chroma

Finally! These songs are amazing, it's about time you tell us their names!:D

Sapphire Hills Act 1: Taura a Maui - Sonic Chroma
Sapphire Hills Act 2: Drizzle Hike - Sonic Chroma

Thanks.

srb20001.gif

Sorry for suddenly releasing two updates in a row, we had missed fixing some level desing errors

Gust updated SRB2 New Horizon with a new update entry:

SRB2 New Horizon v1.6.2

What's new in this version:
New sessions and changes in Sapphire Hills Act 1​
New sessions in Sapphire Hills Act 3​
Useless sessions revamped in Arial Ruins​
Recreation of Sapphire Hills Past Act 1​
A .wad with the separate palette of the mod if you want to play with it in another mod or in the original game​
Bugfixes​

About the mod: Basically a small level pack with a few steps, I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

i'm a beta mod tester, that because i test the mod to look is gonna be good and yeah, this mod is amazing so i am a beta mod tester

Gust updated SRB2 New Horizon with a new update entry:

(I'M BACK!!!) SRB2 New Horizon V1.7

What's new in this version:
Update Note: Yes, a new srb2 update, fixes all the level bugs. Unfortunately there aren't any new stages :( more to conpemsar, new things were added in the existing stages. More emblems and other nonsense

About the mod: Basically a small level pack with a few steps, I hope you have fun

After Robotnik is defeated several times by Sonic, he remains for a long time without coming up with any plans to take over the world...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Not sure what the name of the level is, but I believe that the 3rd boss is unbeatable...the one with the maces swinging around kinda like the Egg Castle boss.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back