Windows Vista: You got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonicfreak94 said:
I like XP better, thats what I'm using now. Although I tried to install internet explorer update and now my PC is as fast as an 800 mghz or less, from a 1.6 ghz...
Yeah, well, that's what you get for installing Internet Explorer.

I have it, in another hard disk, apart from XP. It looks good, nice window effects, blah blah... But it's full of bugs xD ( Blue screen of death appeared 6 times in a day o_O) I only want it for DirectX10. Anyways, XP rules :D

Jazz said:
I double-click on a file, the computer shouldn't ask me: "Are you sure you want to run this program?" I clicked on it goddammit! Yes I want to run the program! If I didn't want to run it, I wouldn't have clicked on it!

Are you sure you want to run this program? - Yes.
Again: This program needs your permission to run. -Yes.

It has too much security xD

I'd like to know what people are doing to cause a BSOD, because I have never had one since I installed Vista...

cueball61 said:
I'd like to know what people are doing to cause a BSOD, because I have never had one since I installed Vista...

Just mess arround and it crashes :P

Xp rocks, my computer had free vista on it, but I didnt want it. Oh, and I cant download the latest internet explorer because on that my printer doesnt work. :( Curse you internet explorer!

sonicfreak94 said:
I like XP better, thats what I'm using now. Although I tried to install internet explorer update and now my PC is as fast as an 800 mghz or less, from a 1.6 ghz...

Hahah... my laptop does that. But only because it's designed to underclock from 1.6Ghz to 800Mhz to save power when running from battery.

Oh, and for the record, it doesn't slow down, either. :P#

Just mess arround and it crashes :P

I've never had a BSoD in Vista. I've been using it for a few months now.

I doubt it'd crash *snap* like that. As far as I can tell, it's more stable than XP.

I, of course, don't need a Vista, because I have a great Mac, and my Windows XP, which has all of my special apple stuff on it.

I'm using Safari on my XP right now! (without the blurred text. I fixed that when I got it.)

on Edge said:

Nice. I don't like Windows so much, so these pretty much summarize my thought of windows:

Choose a Vista
Party is Over
Stuffed
Flashback
Computer Cart
Security
Surgery
Meant for Work
Better Results
Accidents
Trust Mac
Out of the Box
Work vs. Home
Viruses

There's too many to link to, so just go here to find them:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

Edit:
FoxBlitzz said:
Yeah, on Edge, it's called bias and marketing.
FoxBlitzz is commenting, cancel or allow?

Nev3r you lier! There isn't a BSOD in Vista! It's red now! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lol I use Vista, and it works good for me, only game that didn't work with it was GUNZ, that gave me a RSOD (Red screen of DEATH!)

I don't know if anyone else's is red lol, but mine is :P

I have multiple colored screens of death. Yes, I have blue, black, grey, yellow, teal, you name it. I don't know why it happens, and it isn't frequent, but closing my laptop to let it reboot and then opening it back up gets rid of it.

Cheese, you are only proving my point. I argue that it's Apple's sneaky and false marketing that makes people switch, and what do you do? You ignore me and fall for their sugar-coated lies. Again.

Apple Computer said:
Hey, switch to Safari, everyone! We have the best browser in the world (not)!

And what did you do? You switched to Safari. Your actions are predictable and gullible. You seem to think that everything by Apple is automatically good just because they glorify everything. In Junior High, I can recall a lesson we had on marketing strategies, how an ad will use celebrities, bashing of other competitors, bandwagons, or glorification to make products look better than they really are. Look at the commercials for, say, cellphone networks, or insurance agencies. They all try to claim they're the best, but there's only one that is. I am educated in this, so I can actually pick apart claims, and not fall for lies every single time.

Sure, Vista may have a rocky start, but Windows still has the advantage, because of the sheer amount of hardware and software support it gets. It may be waning a bit, but at least it's going to an operating system that deserves it - Linux. I have test-driven Linux, and I must say, it would make a very good alternative operating system once developers of distros like Ubuntu work on making it more user-friendly. Not to mention, it runs on X86 - it doesn't require proprietary hardware to run like OS X does. And it's also free. You can get an OS X-like desktop without having to pay a penny. So seriously, stop falling for Apple's lies, and stop buying their overpriced computers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back