Why isn't there mobile support anymore?

Can anyone from the staff of Sonic Team Jr explain why you guys dropped mobile support? Do you realize just HOW many mobile users there actually are? I have to play on mobile because I don't own a PC, nor can I afford one. We ask questions, we expect answers, right? Maybe this is something that needs to be worked on. Even some of the cheap fan games have mobile support, and they have terrible quality and trash physics(no offense). I would like Sonic Team Jr to see this thread and answer this, please.

Can anyone from the staff of Sonic Team Jr explain why you guys dropped mobile support? Do you realize just HOW many mobile users there actually are? I have to play on mobile because I don't own a PC, nor can I afford one. We ask questions, we expect answers, right? Maybe this is something that needs to be worked on. Even some of the cheap fan games have mobile support, and they have terrible quality and trash physics(no offense). I would like Sonic Team Jr to see this thread and answer this, please.
Lactozilla/jimita(aka the one behind the mobile port)had left the dev team
But he came back (out of nowhere)with an 2.2.10 mobile build :p

No offense, but the opening post sounds super entitled -- we just do this as a hobby, for no compensation, so you can't expect STJr to move mountains to make sure any features or ports happen. Companies do that. We're just friends using our talents to make cool things in our free time. It's how we like to express ourselves. Being aggressive isn't going to change anything about that.

To answer your question, Android is no longer officially supported because the sole developer working on it has left the team of their own accord. Since said developer has continued to release updates for it, it is now unofficially supported. So, at least for the time being, you could say Android support hasn't gone anywhere. When the v2.2.10 news post went up, I was not yet aware that Lactozilla had released a new Android build, which is why the article states that we no longer support it. I'm weighing options on how best to edit the article for clarity.

I made sure that a link to the Android build remained on the SRB2 download page because I have been around for all the years that people asked the team to create the port, I always reminded the team that it was something that players wanted once I became part of it, and I am well aware that Android users now make up a significant chunk of the player base. I am pleased to see how much mobile play has grown the community. I am hopeful that Lactozilla will continue to maintain the port for the foreseeable future and beyond. He has certainly shown he has what it takes to do so.

Hey, is anyone still maintaining the web port? To my knowledge, that's the only way iOS and Chromebook users can play our game... :P

Ah. Now I see. The main dev of Sonic Team Jr left for some reason.
... there is no main dev in Sonic Team Jr. Sonic Team Jr, following the removal of Mystic, has become a flat hierachy, with no leader.
There is a main dev of the Android port, Lactozilla, since they stepped up for the job, and are the ONLY one working on it.

... there is no main dev in Sonic Team Jr. Sonic Team Jr, following the removal of Mystic, has become a flat hierachy, with no leader.
There is a main dev of the Android port, Lactozilla, since they stepped up for the job, and are the ONLY one working on it.
... My bad. I thought there was.

The pretentiousness here makes me cringe...

Don't insult people just because they don't have access to equipment they probably just can't afford!
Because people who use Mobile devices are stupid. Use a real computer please.

Because people who use Mobile devices are stupid. Use a real computer please.
I don't think that that is a fair argument to make, just because one person is being quite rude in asking their question, does not make every mobile player of the game "stupid", a good reason has already been given, the dev who ported Srb2 to mobile for 2.2.9 is no longer working on it.

The dev working on the mobile port still work on it but is no longer a dev making the port unofficial if I remember correctly.
Anyways lots of people used it on weak phone that was barely able to run the game.

It's as hard if not harder to get a phone running the game with performance as good as on PC.
It's just that more people have phone.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back